Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: extending adams...

Last edited by gbgary; 12-29-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Good news, huge contract

Let’s hope the concussion issue doesn’t get and bigger

This makes him the 4th highest paid wr in the nfl, based on average per yer

Ahead of Julio Jones

We really love to vastly overpay our own

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    This makes him the 4th highest paid wr in the nfl, based on average per yer

Ahead of Julio Jones

We really love to vastly overpay our own
    Young, emerging stars are usually overpaid when they sign an extension because you're paying for perceived upside. If Adams was the same age as Jones (nearly 29), he wouldn't have gotten the contract he just signed.

Maybe

It’s really only maybe 1 or 2 million a year more then I thought they would give him, so it’s not that terrible

And we do have a shit ton of free cap

I’m interested in seeing how this is structured. It’s an extension, and he should be getting a lot of money right now, which would go against this years cap. So hopefully we just used up all our remaining free cap this year on the deal to bring his annual number down for the other years

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Maybe

It’s really only maybe 1 or 2 million a year more then I thought they would give him, so it’s not that terrible

And we do have a shit ton of free cap

I’m interested in seeing how this is structured. It’s an extension, and he should be getting a lot of money right now, which would go against this years cap. So hopefully we just used up all our remaining free cap this year on the deal to bring his annual number down for the other years
    I think they want to keep the cap hit low in 2018 because Cobb and Nelson's contracts run out after 2018. So I think you'll see a low base salary this year which will then go up considerably after 2018.

Ok, so very rough math here

It’s an 18 million dollar signing bonus he gets right now. Because it’s an extension. That 18 million is spread out over 5 years not 4. Which will bring the overall cap number down somewhat

So 3.6 million get thrown on this years cap, leaving us with what amounts to a 4 year deal worth about 13.6 million a year

Next year he will count at least 4.5 million against the cap, and I’m guessing more cause Green Bay doesn’t do a ton of backloading.

My guess would be

This year. 3.6 pro rated signing bonus plus whatever his salary was

Year 1 . 3.6 pro rated 6 million salary 9.6 cap
    Year 2. 3.6 pro rated 10 million salary 13.6 cap
    Year 3. 3.6 12 million salary 15.6 cap
    Year 4. 3.6 12 salary. 15.6 cap
    Last edited by red; 12-29-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think they want to keep the cap hit low in 2018 because Cobb and Nelson's contracts run out after 2018. So I think you'll see a low base salary this year which will then go up considerably after 2018.

I think you need to cut the guy who’s about to count almost 13 million against the cap next season who has only 1 thousand yard season in his career and hasn’t broken 625 yards in a season and 4 tds over the last two

We need to not only send the message that if you play well, we will pay you. But if you then decide to just phone it in after getting that money, you will be gone. You gotta continue to earn your pay

Next up - A. Rodgers and Linsley

As long as he recovers from the concussions, this is a fair deal. Adams was good enough to keep performing even when Hundley was in there. Nobody else came close to that. With Rodgers in there, he will really star, as long as asshole defenders don't take cheap head shots.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    l

Gotta start to think about how much cash the team has lying around

Giving a-rod a new contract making him the highest paid QB meaning giving him more then 51 million in a signing bonus the minute he signs. Stafford got 50.5. We just gave Adams somewhere around 18 million and the team has been pissing more away let and right on packerland or whatever that shit is called

That’s a lot of cash

Spotrac estimated that Adams' market value would be 13.3 million per year. They missed by about a million. They estimate that Burnett's market value will be about 11 million. I don't think TT goes there. Josh Jones will need to make that next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Spotrac estimated that Adams' market value would be 13.3 million per year. They missed by about a million. They estimate that Burnett's market value will be about 11 million. I don't think TT goes there. Josh Jones will need to make that next step.
    Agreed, I think with the way jones has looks, Burnett is expendable

I always that he was greatly over valued anyways. I mean he’s the guy who is suppose to get everyone lined up right. Yet we fuck up coverage all the time

Move on from him

I'm glad we kept him, although paying him as the 4th best WR in the NFL is kinda ridiculous. I don't think Adams is anywhere near as good as a lot of others around the league. More than Julio Jones? Sheeesh!

I can't help but wonder if we coulda snagged somebody better for the same money in free agency ....... but no, Ted would never do that.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm glad we kept him, although paying him as the 4th best WR in the NFL is kinda ridiculous. I don't think Adams is anywhere near as good as a lot of others around the league. More than Julio Jones? Sheeesh!

I can't help but wonder if we coulda snagged somebody better for the same money in free agency ....... but no, Ted would never do that.
    C'mon TeX. Was Luck better than Rodgers? Is Stafford? This is the NFL. Next man up gets more money. Cobb and Nelson got 10 mil per 3 years ago. The cap has increased the last 3 years. And at 13-14 mil per year for a younger player with a higher ceilung? Not to mention Alshon Jefferies just signed 4 years for 52. Id take Davante over Alshon. And he's 2 years younger.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Solid centers are a dime a dozen, let Linsley walk. This said sarcastically as it has taken the mighty ted how many years to get a decent center?

A great deal. Maybe he isn't J Jones. Big deal. He and ARod are now on the same page, reading the same reads. He is the new Jordy. A great deal. APRH.

Thank Bob Harlan we don't have to live through a Jermichael Finley contract head case year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    The Fresno Freak is staying

Great signing and Kudos to TT

Now go get Jordy to take a salary cap reduction as well as Clay

Use the money to sign a f'cking passrusher

Then draft a LEGIT PLAYMAKER....somewhere.

Who knows..at 13 the best WR in the draft....whoever that is...might be there for a steal

Sign a f'ckin pass rusher via free agency so you hand is not forced in round one

Oh...and did I mention....sign a F'ckng Pass rusher !!!

AND ..........We need to draft a F'ckin Pass Rusher Too

Sincerely,

TJ WATT
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I'm good with this. As mentioned, he was the only guy who still performed with Brett freaking Hundley throwing the ball around.