Thread: extending adams...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe

It’s really only maybe 1 or 2 million a year more then I thought they would give him, so it’s not that terrible

And we do have a shit ton of free cap

I’m interested in seeing how this is structured. It’s an extension, and he should be getting a lot of money right now, which would go against this years cap. So hopefully we just used up all our remaining free cap this year on the deal to bring his annual number down for the other years

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Maybe

It’s really only maybe 1 or 2 million a year more then I thought they would give him, so it’s not that terrible

And we do have a shit ton of free cap

I’m interested in seeing how this is structured. It’s an extension, and he should be getting a lot of money right now, which would go against this years cap. So hopefully we just used up all our remaining free cap this year on the deal to bring his annual number down for the other years
    I think they want to keep the cap hit low in 2018 because Cobb and Nelson's contracts run out after 2018. So I think you'll see a low base salary this year which will then go up considerably after 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think they want to keep the cap hit low in 2018 because Cobb and Nelson's contracts run out after 2018. So I think you'll see a low base salary this year which will then go up considerably after 2018.

I think you need to cut the guy who’s about to count almost 13 million against the cap next season who has only 1 thousand yard season in his career and hasn’t broken 625 yards in a season and 4 tds over the last two

We need to not only send the message that if you play well, we will pay you. But if you then decide to just phone it in after getting that money, you will be gone. You gotta continue to earn your pay