Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Lions Week

Official Lions Week

As befits this season, we begin with injury news.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers have placed RT Jason Spriggs (knee) on IR after McCarthy called it a serious injury. They filled the roster spot by promoting TE Emanuel Byrd from the practice squad. Then they signed WR Jake Kumerow (Wisconsin-Whitewater) to the p-squad
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn

#Lions just put ex-#Packers C-G-T Don Barclay on injured reserve with concussion. Starting for injured T.J. Lang (foot) Sunday, Barclay played all 64 snaps at RG in Cinn. Barclay was called for three penalties in the fourth quarter of 26-17 defeat.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    As befits this season, we begin with injury news.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers have placed RT Jason Spriggs (knee) on IR after McCarthy called it a serious injury. They filled the roster spot by promoting TE Emanuel Byrd from the practice squad. Then they signed WR Jake Kumerow (Wisconsin-Whitewater) to the p-squad
    Is it a new injury, or do they have to release him to the Patriots, like James Harrison?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn

#Lions just put ex-#Packers C-G-T Don Barclay on injured reserve with concussion. Starting for injured T.J. Lang (foot) Sunday, Barclay played all 64 snaps at RG in Cinn. Barclay was called for three penalties in the fourth quarter of 26-17 defeat.
    You can take the Packer out of Green Bay, but you can never take the Green Bay out of the former Packer. Or something like that.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

M3 said in his PC that Jordy probably wouldn't play this week and Adams is still in concussion protocol. It sounds like Allison and Clark will be starting WR this week.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Tom Silverstein
    Missing from #Packers practice: Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Nick Perry, Aaron Jones, Jahri Evans, Geronimo Allison, Richard Rodgers. Returning: Clay Matthews, Damarious Randall.

Michael Cohen
    Did not practice for the #Packers:
    Davante Adams (concussion)
    Aaron Jones (knee)
    Nick Perry (shoulder/ankle)
    Jahri Evans (knee)
    Geronimo Allison (illness)
    Richard Rodgers (shoulder)
    Jordy Nelson (shoulder)

I guess this is what happens when you're 7-8. Michigan and most of Wisconsin are the audience. Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis (ouch) with the call.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    M3 said in his PC that Jordy probably wouldn't play this week and Adams is still in concussion protocol. It sounds like Allison and Clark will be starting WR this week.

If Jordy is still hurt it would make sense. Dude looks very slow this year
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If Jordy is still hurt it would make sense. Dude looks very slow this year
    Except its his shoulder now.

Receivers Davante Adams (concussion) and Jordy Nelson (shoulder), guard Jahri Evans (knee), running back Aaron Jones (knee), tight end Richard Rodgers (shoulder) and outside linebacker Nick Perry (ankle/shoulder) are all out for the Lions game, Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Friday.

Per http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz52fYSux9D

No surprises, really.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

21-9 det

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    21-9 det
    Your not generous with the Packers offensive number as a prediction and this week 17 matchup in Detroit.

The Green Bay Packers will end the regular season as one of the top teams in the NFL when it comes to red zone Offense. The Packers enter Week 17 having scored six points on approx. 61% of its trips inside the oppositions 20-yard line !

ONLY Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Chicago (YUP !) and Oakland have been more prolific.

A major problem for the Lions, who have allowed the fourth-most points in the NFC going into the final week of the regular season.

Also Detroit has allowed opposing teams to score touchdowns on more than 61 percent of trips inside their red zone - ahead of only the Packers So UGLY Red Zone 'D'' Vs Uglier Red Zone 'D'.

These three NFL Teams, adding the Cleveland Browns NO 'D', all are Defensively UGLY.

TT and MM should soon be FIRING DC Dom Capers but will they or use Dom as a Scapegoat and the 2018 Season? It amuses me that too many in here don't see this stuff.

You have to consider that Green Bay is a lot less scary with Brett Hundley at the QB position; yet still there's a any given Sunday mismatch the Packers can capitalize on.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-29-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

7-9 Baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    7-9 Baby!!
    Interestingly, the Packers have never gone 7-9.

Rand: Ulrick John is questionable this week.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Rand: Ulrick John is questionable this week.
    This cements the loss this week.

If only if only John Ulrick was playing
    There would be gnashing of teeth and Lions be slaying
    But now that he's out, there will be no cushion
    Heard his name but just once, don't know his position

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

I guess this is what happens when you're 7-8. Michigan and most of Wisconsin are the audience. Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis (ouch) with the call.
    Is it normal for Northwest Wisconsin to not get the Packer game? What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Is it normal for Northwest Wisconsin to not get the Packer game? What a shame.
    I think that's the case when the Packers and Vikings are playing at the same time.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think that's the case when the Packers and Vikings are playing at the same time.
    Had a bunch of guys in our fraternity from Hudson and Mellon and Washburn. It was 50/50 on if they were Packer fans or Viking fans. Also a bunch of Racine and Kenosha guys. They were 75/25 Packer - Bears fans.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    This cements the loss this week.

If only if only John Ulrick was playing
    There would be gnashing of teeth and Lions be slaying
    But now that he's out, there will be no cushion
    Heard his name but just once, don't know his position
    You can't stop Ulrick John, you can only hope to contain him.