Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OPTIONS TO REPLACE DOM CAPERS ARE PLENTIFUL

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...le-replacement

Packers Coaching Rumors: Dom Capers likely out as DC, Vic Fangio a possible replacement

Capers’ former assistant could end up being his replacement if these reports end up bearing fruit
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Just curious. Assuming we get most of the injured players back on D next year, and add some pieces, how would Fangio, a Capers protege, be able to get a different result out of basically the same set of players?

Plus, you still have TT in charge of fixing the defense. Will he be able to add the players that will make the difference. To me, that's as big of a question as who the Packers find to replace Capers.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Just curious. Assuming we get most of the injured players back on D next year, and add some pieces, how would Fangio, a Capers protege, be able to get a different result out of basically the same set of players?

Plus, you still have TT in charge of fixing the defense. Will he be able to add the players that will make the difference. To me, that's as big of a question as who the Packers find to replace Capers.

I like Greg Wiliams and I like Jim Leonard although I want him to stay in Madison.

I also really like the AZ guy. I'm fine with Fangio as well. I don't think his defenses look confused as hell like ours did the past couple years

Last, you are spot on.

DEAR TED............Find us PLAYMAKERS

If you can't, step aside
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post

My worries as well

I think Mike Pettine could be a feasible replacement. In 5 seasons as a DC, his defenses were never worse than 10th in yardage. Although his defenses did get down to 20th in scoring, part of that was due to the collapse of the Jets as Rex Ryan melted down and the fact that the Jets and Bills offenses were kind of bad. In short, he might be a 'safe play,' if we accept a presumption that switching back to a 4-3 (or a more simplified 3-4 with a lot more base defense) is safe.

An upside to hiring him is that it's not likely he would get plucked as a head coach, since he was generally bad as a HC in Cleveland (who isn't, I know).

Dougherty says Fangio's contract is up, meaning he could sign at any time.

GM opening probably delays that but he could interview whenever.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...era/982316001/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Charles Woodson makes his vote known:

Charles Woodson @CharlesWoodson
    Replying to @DementiaTeddyT @NoShirtPutin and 2 others
    You should care. Just bcuz Whitt has been there doesn’t mean it would be more of the same.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...e-coordinator/

Top candidates to replace Dom Capers as Packers defensive coordinator
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I like Greg Wiliams and I like Jim Leonard although I want him to stay in Madison.

I also really like the AZ guy. I'm fine with Fangio as well. I don't think his defenses look confused as hell like ours did the past couple years

Last, you are spot on.

If you can't, step aside
    Is Ted Thompson paying attention to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

Last, you are spot on.

If you can't, step aside
    Ted isn't making those decisions any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...e-coordinator/

Top candidates to replace Dom Capers as Packers defensive coordinator
    LOL @ Winston Moss.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    LOL @ Winston Moss.
    Maybe we'll get lucky and Detroit hires him.

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...in-get-denied/

PACKERS TRY TO INTERVIEW Detroit's TERYL AUSTIN, GET DENIED

" ...The Green Bay Packers are getting shut down left and right. The latest has the Packers trying to interview Detroit Lions’ defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for the same position in Green Bay. The Lions have denied the Packers permission because Austin is technically still under contract. ..."

Josina Anderson✔@JosinaAnderson
    "I'm told the #Lions have denied Teryl Austin, who is still under contract as the team's defensive coordinator, permission to interview with the #Packers, " per source. .......... 4:42 PM - Jan 5, 2018

Looking like they intend on making a big mess, an even bigger mess.

Thinks look pretty dysfunctional out of the gate.
    wist

http://nfltraderumors.co/darren-perr...ordinator-job/

Darren Perry “Front-Runner” For Packers’ Defensive Coordinator Job

" ... Alex Marvez reports that Packers safeties coach Darren Perry is the “front-runner” to become the Packers next defensive coordinator.

Perry won’t interview for the job until Saturday

Mike McCarthy also plans to interview Winston Moss and Joe Whitt for the job along with some external candidates that could include Vic Fangio.

There was some early buzz that Fangio was the guy to watch for Green Bay. However, it appears as though McCarthy may want to promote from within for this position. ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

It's all starting to make sense now and Mike McCarthy not making much sense. What a mess !

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Looking like they intend on making a big mess, an even bigger mess.

Thinks look pretty dysfunctional out of the gate.
    wist43:

This whole thing is simply ridiculous.

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers is thinking now of saying Bye Bye to Green Bay? How many more years will it be before they ever admit another massive failure and really attempt to straighten the course of the ship.

CEO Mark Murphy has to have a clear idea where Aaron Rodgers head is right now but if he's all in and Green Bay with the Contract he truly deserves. His next breaths shuld be used to scream to Mike McCarthy...YOUR FIRED !

Mike McCarthy has, with his latest incompetence, possibly set the Packers real hopes for another Super Bowl back another two or three Years before another realistic Five Year Plan may be reborn.

Frankly, this whole thing is plainly embarrassing for Packer Nation.

These Guy's (Mark Murphy and Mike McCarthy) might get a job doing this, as their perfectly suited to the task:

https://ninehillswine.files.wordpres...stomping01.jpg
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-05-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Lions have refused the Packers request to interview Teryl Austin. Reports are that Matt Patricia is in line for Lions HC job. If he doesn't decide to keep Austin, Austin could yet be available to the Packers. Thoughts on hiring Austin, which would mean a switch to a 4-3 base?

I'll bet they wait till Fangio is available.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Bucky Brooks
    NFL.com Analyst
    Published: June 23, 2015

Vic Fangio
    The best defenses in football are not only fundamentally sound, but they exhibit a collective energy, toughness and physicality that overwhelms opponents over the course of the game. Fangio's defenses in San Francisco consistently exhibited those traits. The 49ers ranked in the top five in total defense in each of his four seasons with the team. Also, San Francisco was one of just three teams to post 25-plus takeaways in each of the last four seasons. From a philosophical standpoint, Fangio eschews tricks and gimmicks in favor of a simple system designed to suffocate running lanes and keep the ball in front of the defense on passes. He routinely puts his guys in the proper position to make plays and allows them to play free of mental clutter. Given his recent track record and esteemed reputation, it's only a matter of time before the Bears' defense returns to the ranks of the elite under his tutelage.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I'll bet they wait till Fangio is available.
    I sure hope so. The thought of Whitt or Perry with their years of continual secondary 'miscommunications' makes me gag.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!