Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ding dong Capers will be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    There are a few places with reports of Capers leaving. ESPN, Bleacher Report and ProFootball Talk.
    They are all based off the same story I believe

It’s all based on Adam schefter reporting that capers is not expected back

No one else has actually confirmed the story yet, and nobody has said for a fact that he will be gone

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It's ok. You can start a go fund me for Dom since you are so worried about him. Not that I believe the Packers will have the balls to actually get rid of spray paint hair.
    He's a nice guy and a decent DC. I suspect they can do better, but I'm betting it won't be as easy as you constitutive complainers think. Enjoy your bitching and moaning. My New Years resolution is to disengage. God Bless!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He's a nice guy and a decent DC. I suspect they can do better, but I'm betting it won't be as easy as you constitutive complainers think. Enjoy your bitching and moaning. My New Years resolution is to disengage. God Bless!
    This.

Change is needed but it won't be a magic elixir.

The Saints are a good example -- HOF QB / Hot offensive coach, but once they had to drop Gregg Williams they wandered around in the desert for a few years' worth of Brees prime before they hit on a functional defense again.

I mostly plan to enjoy the next 5 years of Packers football, come what may.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    They are all based off the same story I believe

It’s all based on Adam schefter reporting that capers is not expected back

No one else has actually confirmed the story yet, and nobody has said for a fact that he will be gone
    Schefter is usually on target with his reports so let's hope he's right about this one too.

Full disclosure...

I, wist, am the "unnamed source" behind this story. I was hoping to start a movement
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This.

The Saints are a good example -- HOF QB / Hot offensive coach, but once they had to drop Gregg Williams they wandered around in the desert for a few years' worth of Brees prime before they hit on a functional defense again.

I hope we don't wind up with a Rob Ryan type hire. If we do, we'll waste more of Rodgers remaining years.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Full disclosure...

I, wist, am the "unnamed source" behind this story. I was hoping to start a movement
    Then you owe us a competent hire and no more wilderness on D. Pick your man wist!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Schefter is usually on target with his reports so let's hope he's right about this one too.
    Trust me, I think all of us have our fingers crossed just waiting for confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This.

Decent DCs can turn a team around in the first year

Hell even capers managed to do that everywhere he went in the first year or two

And it should take a whole hell of a lot to make this shitshow we’ve had for years look even a little better

The new guy just has to show up and say, from now on, we’re gonna try covering people

Any new D coordinator, a competent one anyway, will get better results for 8 games. There is no film on the new defense and players in the new scheme.

Its what happens afterward that is important. Its what made 2010 so good, after a 2009 of fantastic D.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Then you owe us a competent hire and no more wilderness on D. Pick your man wist!
    I haven't even looked at who might be available... he still isn't gone, so I'm assuming he stays.

Capers leaving?? I'll believe it when I see it.
    wist

I haven't even looked at who might be available... he still isn't gone, so I'm assuming he stays.

Don’t be a pussy. Make your call.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Don’t be a pussy. Make your call.
    I'm surprised he won't given that only Wist has access to Pure Truth.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm surprised he won't given that only Wist has access to Pure Truth.
    Heavy lies the Crown.

No kidding !

Why waste good time and analysis on the likes of TT and MM and what they should have done or dump Dom Capers years ago..

Knowing those Guys as I believe I've assessed them. They'll keep Dom Capers around so they have something else to use as 'a Scapegoat Complaint' next Season, if it goes South again.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Decent DCs can turn a team around in the first year

Hell even capers managed to do that everywhere he went in the first year or two

And it should take a whole hell of a lot to make this shitshow we’ve had for years look even a little better

The new guy just has to show up and say, from now on, we’re gonna try covering people
    Yes, look what happened with the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotarace View Post
    With a top 5 defence every season he coached....they could destroy Old Country Buffet together...
    Not this season
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

One story just said that even if the team has decided to move on from capers, fat mike may not make it official for another week

Good ole stubby dragging his ass across the carpet again

Give him a day, if he doesn’t announce capers is gone, then the team needs to make an announcement saying both are gone

One story just said that even if the team has decided to move on from capers, fat mike may not make it official for another week

Good ole stubby dragging his ass across the carpet again

Give him a day, if he doesn’t announce capers is gone, then the team needs to make an announcement saying both are gone
    Why? What's the hurry? A lot of the people they might want to interview for the DC position are likely still coaching for playoff teams, or may be in line for HC interviews.

I was heartened by seeing somebody say it wasn't sure ....... until I noticed it was Wist hahahaha. Yeah, it looks like Capers is going - a helluva way to wake up New Years morning.

They damn well better replace him with somebody similar - like Aranda - because with the lousy personnel that Ted Thompson has provided, you people who think it's bad now are gonna be in for a shock. This Packer D just can't line up and play straight up with other teams. We NEED that scheming, trickery, and compensation.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?