Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ding dong Capers will be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Why? What's the hurry? A lot of the people they might want to interview for the DC position are likely still coaching for playoff teams, or may be in line for HC interviews.
    You don’t have to hire a guy right off the bat, but why keep a guy around if you know you’re going to fire him

This smells just like last year where everyone was calling for capers head, but dickhead stalled, waiting the storm out. Then somehow managed to bring his hero back for another year

Stubby is stalling, why is he stalling?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You don’t have to hire a guy right off the bat, but why keep a guy around if you know you’re going to fire him

This smells just like last year where everyone was calling for capers head, but dickhead stalled, waiting the storm out. Then somehow managed to bring his hero back for another year

Stubby is stalling, why is he stalling?
    Mike McCarthy isn't only very stubborn I've seen him as sneaky.

He's certainly not all that bright or we would see a much more precise and growing Man in his role as the Packers Head Coach. With Mike McCarthy you get one thing.

The same Ole Same Ole Mike McCarthy and that spells as the Green Bay Packers Head Coach; we'll never enjoy another Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers as the Star Player behind Center.

This was the perfect year as it's all gone down to see a complete Change in Green Bay. All three TT and MM and Dom Capers FIRED !

Instead, we have to endure more BULLSHIT and more excuses and classic Scapegoating, as it's been since our beloved Green Bay Packers won the last Super Bowl.

One Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers ! That's indeed a shame

Aaron Rodgers is arguably the Finest of all NFL players. The blame for that falls clearly on the Brass and the Green Bay Packers.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Why? What's the hurry? A lot of the people they might want to interview for the DC position are likely still coaching for playoff teams, or may be in line for HC interviews.
    Coordinators and Assistant Coaches for play off teams are actually allowed to interview during the playoffs. There are set time frames depending if they are on a wildcard team or if they have a first round bye.

Decent DCs can turn a team around in the first year

Hell even capers managed to do that everywhere he went in the first year or two

And it should take a whole hell of a lot to make this shitshow we’ve had for years look even a little better

The new guy just has to show up and say, from now on, we’re gonna try covering people
    The real issue is in TT and MM and Dom Capers we have:

Dumb (DC Dom Capers) Dumber (HC Mike McCarthy and Dumbest (GM Ted Thompson).

It's over the top too obvious.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Dom was fired after the game.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Dom was fired after the game.
    Kool-aid drinker.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers was fired following Sunday night's loss at Detroit, per a source. There will be other changes among the defensive coaching staff to follow. https://t.co/h6zqb2niJf
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers was fired following Sunday night's loss at Detroit, per a source. There will be other changes among the defensive coaching staff to follow. https://t.co/h6zqb2niJf
    Red, was this sufficiently fast?

Finally, now we can celebrate

Here’s the whole story

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...tor-dom-capers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, I could argue that it is a few years too late

But yes, this is sufficient for the situation we have found ourselves in

Tom Silverstein confirms.

Wilde thinks Whitt will get some run as candidate. Spoon thinks Perry will.

Damn...the NFL Network and Ian Rapaport isn`t even reporting this NEWS os Rumour today !?

What's with (if this is the TRUTH) and the 'Hush Hush' !?

Ohh Yea...I forgot it`s the Green Bay Packer way.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-01-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Finally, now we can celebrate

Here’s the whole story

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...tor-dom-capers
    The Packers have several in-house candidates to replace Dom Capers, including associate head coach for the defense Winston Moss, cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr., safeties coach Darren Perry and defensive line coach Mike Trgovac. Of that group, only Trgovac has previously served as an NFL defensive coordinator. He ran the Carolina Panthers' defense from 2003-08. He came to Green Bay with Capers in 2009.

The Packers also could look at outside candidates. At the top of that list would Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who was Capers' defensive coordinator in Carolina from 1995-98 and runs a similar defensive scheme.
    I sure hope it's an outside candidate.

There is not a single member of the current defensive staff that I would want to keep, much less be our next DC

There is not a single member of the current defensive staff that I would want to keep, much less be our next DC
    I wouldn't mind keeping Trgovac. I don't think Whitt and Perry can work together. I'm worried that MM will keep Winston Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Are you really serious?

" The Packers' defense finished 22nd this season, the fourth time it has finished in the bottom third of the NFL in seven years (including a dead-last ranking 2011).

Capers hasn't finished with a top-10 defense since the Super Bowl season of 2010
    , when it ranked fifth.

The Packers have finished outside the top-15 in the defensive rankings six of the last seven years. "

Was this FIRING "Fast Enough'?

Is that question some kind of joke?

It's called sarcasm, woody.

Normally M3 waits to do all the eval/close out process for a few weeks before making changes.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

I wouldn't mind keeping Trgovac. I don't think Whitt and Perry can work together. I'm worried that MM will keep Winston Moss.
    I'm with you.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Well, I could argue that it is a few years too late

But yes, this is sufficient for the situation we have found ourselves in
    Agree. Thrilled he is gone.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I heard there is a chance the entire defensive staff could be out the door.