Thread: Report: Thompson out as GM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Supposedly the whole front office will be reorganized with new roles for all. Murphy will decide who is responsible for what.
    I hope to God you are exaggerating and he will simply name a GM from among the candidates.

I also hope he interviews others from outside, but I am not holding my breath.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I hope to God you are exaggerating and he will simply name a GM from among the candidates.

I also hope he interviews others from outside, but I am not holding my breath.
    Chris Mortensen

@mortreport
    Ted Thompson will not return as the GM of the Green Bay Packers but will remain with the team. The front office will go through a reorganization with team president Mark Murphy defining new roles for current members of front office, per league and team sources.

5:44 PM - Jan 1, 2018

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport
    Russ Ball, Packers VP of football administration, player personnel director Brian Gutenkunst and possibly director of football ops Eliot Wolf are expected to have re-defined duties as Thompson moves to another role, per sources.

5:49 PM - Jan 1, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chris Mortensen

@mortreport
    Ted Thompson will not return as the GM of the Green Bay Packers but will remain with the team. The front office will go through a reorganization with team president Mark Murphy defining new roles for current members of front office, per league and team sources.

5:44 PM - Jan 1, 2018

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport
    Russ Ball, Packers VP of football administration, player personnel director Brian Gutenkunst and possibly director of football ops Eliot Wolf are expected to have re-defined duties as Thompson moves to another role, per sources.

5:49 PM - Jan 1, 2018
    This seems to be bad news if you are rooting to have a new HC.

We can't know if Ted has trusted his scouting staff too much or consistently overruled its advice--either way there has been a pretty serious slip in talent/play on both sides of the ball. If you are going to kick Ted upstairs please follow the move with a legitimate search for a new football direction. Without a new GM from outside the organization it will be hard to dump MM. If you keep MM you keep the culture that goes with him--all the paperclips in alphabetical order and underwhelming play on the field.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Woody:

I'm not sure if this has bee placed on this thread so I'll post it:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/1/14...-new-role-hire

TODAY'S NFL NEWS

Packers GM Ted Thompson transitioning to new front office role, team will hire replacement

Thompson spent 13 seasons as the general manager of the Packers.

By Kaleel.Weatherly Updated Jan 2, 2018, 11:32am EST
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau