Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Thompson out as GM

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I think the question is will Rodgers want a new head coach?!
    Yep.

TT can be the new greeter at the pro shop

Just like the old guys that mumble “thank you for coming to Walmart”

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yep.

Now that guy would be an interesting coach

1st and 10, lets go deep
    2nd and 10, lets go deep
    3rd and 17, go for the end zone
    4th and 25, Hail Mary

they have to at least say they're doing a search because of the rooney rule. i don't think the choice is necessarily in the front office right now. they should do a search. a lot rides on this.

“May you live in interesting times”

Chinese Proverb (curse).

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It's time for you to get into the passenger seat for the Eliott Wolf Wagon; it would seem fitting. On New Years eve we celebrate TT's departure
    That’s the way i’m Leaning

The kid was born and raised for the job

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    they have to at least say they're doing a search because of the rooney rule. i don't think the choice is necessarily in the front office right now. they should do a search. a lot rides on this.
    I wouldn’t doubt they knew it was time to shit or get off the pot with one of the young in house guys

You can’t keep all those guy forever

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    We may have to put some of the kool-aid crowd on suicide watch.
    Hardly. Just because most of us don't whine incessantly about the state of affairs doesn't mean we're opposed to change.

Hardly. Just because most of us don't whine incessantly about the state of affairs doesn't mean we're opposed to change.
    Really?

Is that why we lost over half our posters when we switched from Fabre to Rodgers?

Wow! This is going to be an interesting and hopefully, exciting off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Wow! This is going to be an interesting and hopefully, exciting off-season.
    We might actually be able to celebrate the first day of free agency this year

Dumb both Cobb and Nelson and go get Sammy Watkins, or some other big time weapon for a rod

I wonder if the front office restructuring will give anyone as much power as TT had here. When Thompson was in Seattle, he basically ran the draft, but it was other people who made the decisions on free agency and contracts.

We may have to put some of the kool-aid crowd on suicide watch.
    Hyperbole much?

I wonder if the front office restructuring will give anyone as much power as TT had here. When Thompson was in Seattle, he basically ran the draft, but it was other people who made the decisions on free agency and contracts.
    Maybe he’ll just go back to being head of scouting or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    RUSS BALL is a cap guy; he better not be the choice. We need a personnel guy to get some playmakers
    The playmakers get identified by the scouts. The guy in charge of the draft has to sort through the detritus and find out which opinions make the most sense.

THEN arrange the draft board.

THEN decide who to pick or when to trade.

The best GMs are not all super scouts. Ozzie Newsmen worked the other side of the personnel department far longer than he worked college scouting.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

Dumb both Cobb and Nelson and go get Sammy Watkins, or some other big time weapon for a rod
    Maybe not that extreme, but I'm hopeful to see some action on the first day of free agency.

restructure...don't dump.

Really?

Is that why we lost over half our posters when we switched from Fabre to Rodgers?
    There were a few ancillary issues there if you recall.

Not sure anyone is going to start the Official Ted is the GOAT Thread.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Supposedly the whole front office will be reorganized with new roles for all. Murphy will decide who is responsible for what.
    I hope to God you are exaggerating and he will simply name a GM from among the candidates.

I also hope he interviews others from outside, but I am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I hope to God you are exaggerating and he will simply name a GM from among the candidates.

I also hope he interviews others from outside, but I am not holding my breath.
    Chris Mortensen

@mortreport
    Ted Thompson will not return as the GM of the Green Bay Packers but will remain with the team. The front office will go through a reorganization with team president Mark Murphy defining new roles for current members of front office, per league and team sources.

5:44 PM - Jan 1, 2018

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport
    Russ Ball, Packers VP of football administration, player personnel director Brian Gutenkunst and possibly director of football ops Eliot Wolf are expected to have re-defined duties as Thompson moves to another role, per sources.

5:49 PM - Jan 1, 2018