Thread: Alonzo Highsmith Packs Bags for Cleveland

Alonzo Highsmith Packs Bags for Cleveland

He deserves a thread.

A. Highsmith @alonzohighsmith
    I have fond memories and wish nothing but the best for the Packers. In this business things change everyday and I won’t be the last person leave a organization because it’s part of the business.

For a while, until he or the team reeled it in, Alonzo ran about the only interesting feed out of an NFL front office. He was opinionated and often funny.

Highsmith is famously credited for two out of the way finds, Sam Shields and Donald Driver.

He's working directly for Dorsey now, and will be a VP of something per reports. They are still working on titles over there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tramon Williams Sr. @HighRizer22
    Replying to @alonzohighsmith
    Congratulations bro; well deserved! Thank you for seeing my worth and pushing Ted to bring me to Green Bay.

One more perhaps.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I saw this quote, was this a shot at Murphy? He seems to have a fondness for the Packers and I would guess his old boss TT...

“It feels good to go somewhere that you feel like you're trusted.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._highsmit.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    I saw this quote, was this a shot at Murphy? He seems to have a fondness for the Packers and I would guess his old boss TT...

“It feels good to go somewhere that you feel like you're trusted.''

Maybe, but his dealings with Murphy were likely few and far between. He might be of the opinion that Ball is going to get the job though because he did not think they would consider him for GM.

If he is truly the VP of Operations, he is running a department and probably got a nice pay hike.

Its also possible his support, Dorsey or Thompson or both, are now elsewhere.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...all-operations

The 52-year-old Highsmith said he did not think he would be considered as a replacement for Packers GM Ted Thompson, who will not return in that role next season.

Jeff Janis @jrjanis

Thank you Ted Thompson for taking a chance on a kid from Sagnasty!

The Peoples' Champion gets extra points for referring to the city by its best name.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Maybe, but his dealings with Murphy were likely few and far between. He might be of the opinion that Ball is going to get the job though because he did not think they would consider him for GM.

If he is truly the VP of Operations, he is running a department and probably got a nice pay hike.

Its also possible his support, Dorsey or Thompson or both, are now elsewhere.
    I read that to mean that he knows and trusts Dorsey and didn't take it to mean that he was throwing shade at the Green Bay front office. The move to VP of FO would be a step in the progression to GM. It's a solid offer and a measure of certaintty at a time when he merely might have been looking at a title change in Green Bay.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I read that to mean that he knows and trusts Dorsey and didn't take it to mean that he was throwing shade at the Green Bay front office. The move to VP of FO would be a step in the progression to GM. It's a solid offer and a measure of certaintty at a time when he merely might have been looking at a title change in Green Bay.
    You might be right on that take. New guy = uncertainty but I guess he thinks Dorsey has alot of trust in his skills, and as PB indicated they probably dropped some cash his way. Maybe now those guys won't draft like morons.

"We discussed so many ideas and all kinds of stuff,'' Highsmith said of his Tuesday interview. "I was exposed to so much stuff today. That's why I thought it was a great opportunity. ** It feels good to go somewhere that you feel like you're trusted. **''

Highsmith said he didn't think he'd get an interview for the GM vacancy in Green Bay.

"This is an opportunity to build something from the ground up, having an input, working with John Dorsey, who I respect a great deal," Highsmith said. "To watch his work ethic today - we watched film all day. *** He made me feel rejuvenated. ** It was a lot of fun today.

** Did Alonzo Highsmith feel slighted and NOT trusted in Green Bay? The answer to that will be left up to your interpretation of his statement above.

*** Add this portion to the rest and what do you have now ?

Does it seem to you that Alonzo Highsmith was happy in Green Bay? It doesn't to me and given the fact that twice former Packer GM Ted Thompson blocked him from prospective Job Offers by his former NFL Team ( where he played the RB Position) or the Houston Texans.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Good for him. He's getting quite a promotion with Cleveland. He and Dorsey have a lot of work to do over there. Perhaps this year they'll finally get a QB.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Everyone who gets a promotion says great things about their new job. I'm not reading anything into his comments.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-...wns--113134471

Former Packers executive explains why he left for Browns

Alonzo Highsmith was with the Packers for 19 years.

Brian Jones - Jan 3, 8:11 AM

" ..."It was a great 19 years," Highsmith said. "I hope I did my part for the Packers to make them better. Now I'm gone and you know what, I won't be the last guy."

The loss of Highsmith could be the start of a domino effect for the Packers. If executives Brian Gutekunst or Eliot Wolf aren't hired to the Packers new GM, there's a chance both could sign with other teams leaving the Packers with big losses in the scouting department. ..."
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau