View Poll Results: What should Green Bay do with Mike Mccarthy ??

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dude is a good coach. Keep Him !!

9 32.14%
  • More change is needed. Fire Him

2 7.14%
  • Hire the GM, and Give him time to decide

17 60.71%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH MIKE MCCARTHY ???

So did Ted do Mike a favor by extending him a year because he knew he was actually going to leave?

One way or another, that seems the only reason to do one year. To give Mike a bridge to the new front office.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So did Ted do Mike a favor by extending him a year because he knew he was actually going to leave?

One way or another, that seems the only reason to do one year. To give Mike a bridge to the new front office.
    I think this was planned by TT. Wanted to make sure he was not a lame duck.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

To my look at it, this whole thing has been planned for weeks, if not months. MM's stealthy extension, extending Adams and Lindsley. Those financial investments by TT were not done unilaterally. The Packers are a billion dollar franchise, one of the reasons Murphy was brought in.

TT is still around to help however he can in the transition. The new GM will understand his first mission is to get the defense up to, or close to, par. MM is the Head Coach and Assistant OC to AR.

We're all worked up about who is who, and who is going to be who. Look for an up and coming defensive position coach with some sort of added moniker like "Under Secretary to the Deputy Assistant to the Defensive Coordinator" to be hired. Youngish, hip and driven.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm in the category of hiring the GM and letting him assess Stubby. At the very least he should put him on a diet and treadmill regimen. On the other hand, Stubby might just keel over and save him the trouble of an evaluation. The local Golden Corral will suffer, however.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm in the category of hiring the GM and letting him assess Stubby. At the very least he should put him on a diet and treadmill regimen. On the other hand, Stubby might just keel over and save him the trouble of an evaluation. The local Golden Corral will suffer, however.
    Murphy was asked 2 questions about the GM/coach relationship.

Q: Will the new GM have the authority to hire the head coach?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will the new GM be told that Mike McCarthy is the coach?
    A: Yes. Mike is our guy.

The 2 question were not asked consecutively, or even in the same portion of the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Murphy was asked 2 questions about the GM/coach relationship.

Q: Will the new GM have the authority to hire the head coach?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will the new GM be told that Mike McCarthy is the coach?
    A: Yes. Mike is our guy.

The 2 question were not asked consecutively, or even in the same portion of the press conference.
    Sounds like the new GM will have the authority to make coaching changes (necessary for the position), but no mandate to do so right now. Since MM isn't the GM like Sherman was, he is more likely to work with a new GM. Also with TT still around in some capacity, I think the chances of a MM firing this year are almost 0.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Sounds like the new GM will have the authority to make coaching changes (necessary for the position), but no mandate to do so right now. Since MM isn't the GM like Sherman was, he is more likely to work with a new GM. Also with TT still around in some capacity, I think the chances of a MM firing this year are almost 0.
    They should be. Whoever the new GM is, he's going to need to spend the bulk of his time getting ready for free agency and the draft. Not interviewing head coaching candidates.

TT might not be the only one with a health issue. It's kind of shocking to see how MM has changed physically in 12 years. This for a guy whose brother died at a young age just a few years ago from a heart attack.

I’d like to know just when during this shitshow of a season, someone decided to reward m3 with another year on his contract

I hope it was during the first 5 games, because the last 11 were not worth rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I’d like to know just when during this shitshow of a season, someone decided to reward m3 with another year on his contract

I hope it was during the first 5 games, because the last 11 were not worth rewarding
    I actually agree with this. M3 waited until too late to assess the problem on D and supposedly, on offense.

He shouldn't have been rewarded for this delay. However, I bet it was done to eliminate distractions for the front office than reward M3.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm okay with them not wanting to have a lame duck coach.

It's a different dynamic now. The guy who will have the authority to fire MM is not the guy who hired him. Maybe that will make him more proactive about making needed changes.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

It's the height of absolute ( Edit: hogwash or hokum or bunk or phooey) and what we are finally learning about the disorganization in Green Bay.

Why did the Organization wait all this time to inform us that Mike McCarthy was extended some time during the Season?

Especially that and given what was obvious to anyone who watches it all carefully. The Body Language and Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy clearly spelled TROUBLE. How many here are missing this stuff?

" Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported last year the relationship between McCarthy and superstar Aaron Rodgers was "inching closer to implosion." Florio noted if things broke down further someone would have to leave, and "it won't be the quarterback."

The situation didn't appear as tenuous throughout the 2017 season as Rodgers' collarbone injury reduced expectations for much of the year prior to his Week 15 return. The team finished 7-9 and missed the playoffs."
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-03-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    TT might not be the only one with a health issue. It's kind of shocking to see how MM has changed physically in 12 years. This for a guy whose brother died at a young age just a few years ago from a heart attack.

We all change as we age. Look at the 2 people in your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It's the height of absolute Bullshit and what we are finally learning about the disorganization in Green Bay.

Why did the Organization wait all this time to inform us that Mike McCarthy was extended some time during the Season?

Especially that and given what was obvious to anyone who watches it all carefully. The Body Language and Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy clearly spelled TROUBLE. How many here are missing this stuff?

" Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported last year the relationship between McCarthy and superstar Aaron Rodgers was "inching closer to implosion." Florio noted if things broke down further someone would have to leave, and "it won't be the quarterback."

The situation didn't appear as tenuous throughout the 2017 season as Rodgers' collarbone injury reduced expectations for much of the year prior to his Week 15 return. The team finished 7-9 and missed the playoffs."
    I read and post on several Packers' message boards and you are the only one who is talking about discord and trouble in Titletown. I don't think the situation is as dire as you are suggesting. IMO all of this is rather healthy. A lot of folks felt that change was needed and now that it has come everything is gonna go to hell? You may not think highly of MM - and you wouldn't be alone here - but if we should fire him he'd be unemployed for a very short period of time.
    Last edited by Pugger; 01-03-2018 at 03:02 PM.

It's the height of absolute Bullshit and what we are finally learning about the disorganization in Green Bay.

Language!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I read and post on several Packers' message boards and you are the only one who is talking about discord and trouble in Titletown. I don't think the situation is as dire as you are suggesting. IMO all of this is rather healthy. A lot of folks felt that change was needed and now that it has come everything is gonna go to hell? You may not think highly of MM - and you wouldn't be alone here - but if we should fire him he'd be unemployed for a very short period of time.
    I don't care how long he'd be unemployed.

The fact he's employed now for two more Seasons does bother me. A lot more about how this went down and is being revealed really bothers me as a Packer fan that expects the very best and Super Bowl.

Too many people on here just don't see it as I obviously must see it as it's in your face.

I've never been one to sell out to the TRUTH and incompetence.

I know now that Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay is a certain remote possibility and retaining Mike McCarthy. Keeping Mike McCarthy is simply 'Just wrong'.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Language!
    What !?

Calling what we are learning out now and using the term BULLSHIT is language?

I'll try to find a more acceptable word for you Moderator ZOOL; but that will possibly be a challenge?

Let's see being a Co-Operative sort what I can come up with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Language!
    To be in compliance with your needs I Edited the word ' Bullshit ' in my above Post Zool.

I TRUST that pleases you.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I don't care how long he'd be unemployed.

The fact he's employed now for two more Seasons does bother me. A lot more about how this went down and is being revealed really bothers me as a Packer fan that expects the very best and Super Bowl.

Too many people on here just don't see it as I obviously must see it as it's in your face.

I've never been one to sell out to the TRUTH and incompetence.

I know now that Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay is a certain remote possibility and retaining Mike McCarthy. Keeping Mike McCarthy is simply 'Just wrong'.
    Just to calm the natives, you posted just a few days ago that TT, MM and DC were going to be with the Packers in 2018.

So...I am not going to take what you post as gospel.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Maybe, Your 'only' looking at and accepting that, which buys into your view as to what's correct and being a Packer Fan.

I believe this:

Being a Fan of any sport is coming to that Table with all your senses alert to what's most likely happening. To determine that and Being a Green Bay Packer fan is extremely challenging. Too often Packer fans cannot admit the TRUTH for some reason even to him/herself. That any dedicated Packer fan could possibly not see Issues and TT's health amazes me.

That Packer fans could not clearly see flaws in MM and his tiring game, bad disposition and obvious denial of his ability to even Coach Up and prepare his Backup QB is a real headshaker.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/corys-...-on-notice-155

Read this Page (See above) and you'll see plenty in here that agrees with having Packer HC Mike McCarthy placed on a very short Leash in the 2018 Season. MM's got to show us all a lot more next Season; or It must be Bye Bye Mike McCarthy and Good Luck.

Why!?

It's now all about his act working with arguably the BEST QB that possibly the NFL has ever seen in terms of ability/talent.

Winning NFCN Championships doesn't wash any more. It needs to be about a lot more.That's not at all and the past; rather all about now... NOW !

I'll not say this writer has all his ducks lined up; yet (he, I assume) makes a clear case and the obvious, that not all is GREAT and Packer HC Mike McCarty. MM has to be definitely placed on notice or that short leash. The TT Security Blanky has now officially been taken away. There was never going to be any way that TT would release Mike McCarthy. I'm not so sure that MM had TT's back. I do NOT trust Mike McCarthy.

It's been clearly and too often painfully obvious that Mike McCarthy doesn't do well under pressure.

(See LINK above Please)

Cory's Corner: Mike McCarthy is now on notice

By: Cory Jennerjohn on Jan 02, 2018 with 136 Comments
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-03-2018 at 05:05 PM.