View Poll Results: What should Green Bay do with Mike Mccarthy ??

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dude is a good coach. Keep Him !!

9 32.14%
  • More change is needed. Fire Him

2 7.14%
  • Hire the GM, and Give him time to decide

17 60.71%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH MIKE MCCARTHY ???

Fangio interviewed for Bears HC job yesterday. Bears are also reportedly interested in talking to both Vikings coordinators. Best case scenario is that Bears hire Vikings DC George Edwards, leaving Fangio available for the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That one hung in the air. I don't know what McCarthy thought he was selling by talking about improvement after his start. And I am not being snarky, I would love to know what he saw outside of a couple of games.
    and blown coverages.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did anyone catch the second line of questioning about defense? M3 said frankly, whatever else is happening, the defense needs to outplay the offense.

Radio was all over this like it was a burning bush. “Can you imagine the Packers with a defense like the Vikings?” They took it to mean M3 was changing the organizational mission to make the packer defense outplay the packer offense.

But I took it to mean the defense has got to win its matchup weekly regardless of scheme, injury or youth.

Opinions?
    Pretty self evident. He said the D has to stop the other teams O. It was a nothing TT like statement. The fact anyone could get something out of it is due to bias.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Pretty self evident. He said the D has to stop the other teams O. It was a nothing TT like statement. The fact anyone could get something out of it is due to bias.
    Its more than bias, nearly everyone who commented quickly was thrown by it, including myself while listening.

I had to go back and think about why he would say that (why use your offense as the measuring stick?) when it occurred to me it was an awkward sentence construction to convey a basic point. Defense needs to be better than average.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
    #Vikings OC Pat Shurmur, who is interviewing with the #Lions today, will have his interview with the #AZCardinals tonight, source said.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
    The #Lions spent the morning interviewing #Packers Associate Head Coach/Linebackers Winston Moss for their vacant head coach position.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
    #Patriots assistant interview plans: #Giants to Matt Patricia & Josh McDaniels Friday. ... #Colts talked with McDaniels last night. ... #Bears slated for McDaniels on Friday. ... #AZCardinals set for Patricia & LBs coach Brian Flores Saturday. #Lions get Patricia this weekend.

.Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
    The #Packers are interviewing Director of Football Operations Eliot Wolf for their now-vacant GM job today, source said. One of three strong in-house candidates.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
    The #Dolphins are naming Dowell Loggains as their new offensive coordinator, source said. Big hire.

Former OC Clyde Christensen likely to remain with the team and transition to another role.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I think fat mike sucks as a coach

His teams are very often unmotivated and unprepared for big games

He way too often goes conservative and takes his foot off the gas and ends up costing us

He doesn’t use the running game enough, he doesn’t make coaching changes fast enough. He doesn’t know how to use a TE to save his life

He’s horrible at time management

He had a chance earlier this year to make a move for a QB to keep us in playoff contention, but he wanted his own guy that he groomed. That guy didn’t work out to well. And the real McCarthy offense we saw was pathetic

IMO, we win in spite of him, not because of him. We win because a rod is mostly changing up the plays at the LOS and playing backyard ball

That is why we win. Would a new coach come in and let a-rod do his own thing while fixing all the other issues, or would he tighten the reins and neuter Rodgers making us less effective
    I agree with this except Aaron Nagler reported that Hundley was TT's guy. Not sure if that is true so if someone can confirm or contest that please do.

I need to drop this somewhere to read it later so it's going in this thread:

https://scout.com/nfl/packers/Articl...ches-113211198

‘Fit’ Fills McCarthy’s Thoughts on GM, Coordinator Searches

Mike McCarthy seeks the right fits as his coordinators while hoping there's a fit between himself and the new general manager.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau