View Poll Results: Who should be the next GM?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ted Thompson

1 3.57%
  • Eliot Wolfe

6 21.43%
  • Brian Gutekunst

7 25.00%
  • Alonzo Highsmith

0 0%
  • John Dorsey

1 3.57%
  • John Schneider

7 25.00%
  • Reggie McKenzie

0 0%
  • Other

6 21.43%
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next GM?

Who should be the next GM?

Who should be the GM? Please post your response and why you voted this way.

I would personally throw Seattle a R4, bring Schneider home and call it a day. I am a huge fan of what Dorsey and Schneider have done, but the advantage goes to Schneider in my opinion.

My first choice would be somebody not part of the organization now.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Observing the certain woes and the Seattle Seahawks and a decline this Season it seems a good time to bring John Schneider HOME to Green Bay.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Is the right hand man of Ozzie Newsmen still waiting for a job?

I would seriously consider that guy. Eric DeCosta.

wist wants a defense? That is your guy.

But I think this is internal and the Packers will interview Highsmith to satisfy the Rooney Rule and hire Russ Ball. Wolf and Gutenkist will get new titles and raises, possibly one will be in charge of draft.

I could live with the arrangement as long as Ball gets to hire and fire everyone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...son/994801001/

That link has been listed before but Silverstein has an interesting addition:

NFL Network first reported that Thompson no longer would be the general manager and a replacement would be sought. Other reports suggested the Packers would establish new roles for existing members of the department in a job-sharing arrangement, but the source said that was inaccurate.

The Packers will conduct a full search for a new general manager.

The search will not be limited to just in-house candidates, of whom there are several, including director of football operations Eliot Wolf, director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst, senior personnel advistor Alonzo Highsmith and vice president of football administration/player finance Russ Ball.

If true, this is going to take time and the DC might have to wait.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...son/994801001/

That link has been listed before but Silverstein has an interesting addition:

If true, this is going to take time and the DC might have to wait.
    And M3 is gonna be on a short leash.

Wow, this seems overstating it. At least one stays, and becomes the heir apparent with any ounce of good fortune:

If Murphy chooses Ball, whose primary duties are negotiating contracts but who has been studying personnel evaluation under Thompson, he almost certainly would lose all three personnel men, a source familiar with the Packers' front office said.

His hiring would signal to them that they had no chance of becoming general manager in Green Bay and would be better off elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    And M3 is gonna be on a short leash.
    Yeah, he would be. But its possible Mort was right and it will be all internal. The leak to Silverstein and JSO might just be cover for the Rooney Rule, though Highsmith would cover it.

Blog Entries
    Is the right hand man of Ozzie Newsmen still waiting for a job?

I would seriously consider that guy. Eric DeCosta.

wist wants a defense? That is your guy.

But I think this is internal and the Packers will interview Highsmith to satisfy the Rooney Rule and hire Russ Ball. Wolf and Gutenkist will get new titles and raises, possibly one will be in charge of draft.

I could live with the arrangement as long as Ball gets to hire and fire everyone.

F'ck Russ Ball; might as well just go interview capologists

Hire a personnel guy; the best one you can find to direct the best scouts you can find.

I'll take Alonzo flippin Highsmith over Russ Ball and he'd be the 3rd guy in my preference out of the GB guys
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    The non puke on myself if they are hired options are John Dorsey, John Schnieder, and the guy who's been groomed for years to lead them team and take them to the next level. The son of the best GM I've seen in Green Bay. The guy who directed my first RatBowl Championship ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    F'ck Russ Ball; might as well just go interview capologists

Hire a personnel guy; the best one you can find to direct the best scouts you can find.

I'll take Alonzo flippin Highsmith over Russ Ball and he'd be the 3rd guy in my preference out of the GB guys
    The Eagles guy Roseman is a former a capologist.

Panthers guy (now Giants guy) Gettleman was a reporter. You need best decision maker, not the best scout.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this seems overstating it. At least one stays, and becomes the heir apparent with any ounce of good fortune:
    I would agree; if you hire CapeyJoe those three leave with the middle finger raised to Mark Murphy

I would agree; if you hire CapeyJoe those three leave with the middle finger raised to Mark Murphy
    Kinda dumb. You go from being #3 or 4 in a four way with Ted to #2 with a cap guy. You want influence, you stay.

If they all leave they are not all going to be GMs in the first year gone. Seems like reporter hyperbole.

Blog Entries
    The Eagles guy Roseman is a former a capologist.

Panthers guy (now Giants guy) Gettleman was a reporter. You need best decision maker, not the best scout.

The Eagle guy knows personnel

A reporter ? good idea....let's hire Bob McGinn; I'm more entertained by him than CapeyJoe

Blog Entries
    Kinda dumb. You go from being #3 or 4 in a four way with Ted to #2 with a cap guy. You want influence, you stay.

If they all leave they are not all going to be GMs in the first year gone. Seems like reporter hyperbole.

If they hire CapeyJoe over you ya gotta feel you are not valued in the organization. And obviously if hanging around has not benetitted them when Ted leaves why stay.

The Eagle guy knows personnel

A reporter ? good idea....let's hire Bob McGinn; I'm more entertained by him than CapeyJoe
    Eagles guy only knows personnel because he crossed over, same as Ball would be doing.

The only problem with this line of succession is that there is a Jet GM who muddies the water severely.

Blog Entries
    FYI- John Schneider won't get an interview in Green Bay unless Seattle gives permission for him to make a lateral move. His last deal eliminated his out clause to explore Green Bay

If they hire CapeyJoe over you ya gotta feel you are not valued in the organization. And obviously if hanging around has not benetitted them when Ted leaves why stay.
    Its illogical to feel so wronged that you leave and make a lateral move to another organization who might not hire you to be GM later. Especially when there are 3 of you who are candidates on the same team. Stay and work yourself up.

Blog Entries
    Is it remotely possible to hire John Dorsey since he just took a long term deal with Cleveland ?