View Poll Results: Who should be the next GM?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ted Thompson

1 3.57%
  • Eliot Wolfe

6 21.43%
  • Brian Gutekunst

7 25.00%
  • Alonzo Highsmith

0 0%
  • John Dorsey

1 3.57%
  • John Schneider

7 25.00%
  • Reggie McKenzie

0 0%
  • Other

6 21.43%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next GM?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    a trade for Schneider would be the absolute best thing for Green Bay. the fact that sea knows he wants out might make things happen. fingers crossed for this!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    A lot of talent but a lot of baggage there.

But if you're going to be a practicing alcoholic, Wisconsin is the place to be.
    Its a risk. Maybe you just make him chief scout if he's still going to drink. Send him out on the road with a driver.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Fit in scheme, yes. How much left in tank or attitude? Only if they coached them.
    Yet still one step above a Cappie Joe
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    If I am Russ Ball and I lose BG or EW, I hire Scot to run college scouting and pipe in on the draft.
    AM I THINKING OF THE WRONG GUY....or is he same one who went on and essentially lost his job due to boozing....not that there is anything wrong with that...don't want Red mad at me.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Yet still one step above a Cappie Joe
    Baseball never thought it was going to be run by numbers guys either.

#fossils
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Its a risk. Maybe you just make him chief scout if he's still going to drink. Send him out on the road with a driver.
    CAN I VOLUNTEER MYSELF ???

Blog Entries
    Baseball never thought it was going to be run by numbers guys either.

#fossils

Good Idea !!!

SCREW CAPPIE RUSS

HIRE DAVID STEARNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both Wilde and Silverstein thinks its a road too far to get Schneider.

Spoon: https://t.co/3STQGytDqa

Wilde: https://t.co/aC4Tmc52M8

Lt. General Frederick "Boy" Browning: Well, as you know, I always felt we tried to go a bridge too far

Blog Entries

SOME INTERESTING FEATURES

One big question is whether Murphy’s pursuit of Schneider, Oakland’s Reggie McKenzie (turned down the interview), Minnesota’s George Paton (interview denied by the Vikings while they’re still in the playoffs) and Baltimore’s Eric DeCosta (no reports that he accepted the interview) is part of a real search, or a formality with Murphy knowing all along whom he’s going to hire

AND THEN...........
    I can see why coach Mike McCarthy would have concerns about Ball as GM, as has been widely reported in the last couple days. One NFL source told me that Thompson and Ball have been in lockstep on the team’s approach to acquiring players, which is the most draft-oriented approach in the NFL

Blog Entries

I've seen it written that it would take a 1st or 2nd round pick to land Schneider IF we could

Can I make that Call ?

DEAR PETE.....Bretsky here; we'd like to send you a 2nd round draft pick for Schneider

Bretsky, I think we can make that work

Thanks Pete, Jason Spriggs is on a plan for Seattle; he'll be there in about a half hour.

Thanks for your business.

It would be an absolute damn shame to give up a draft pick just to get a GM, I don't care who it is.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso
    If Green Bay offers Schneider control over 53-man roster — which I don’t believe he has with #Seahawks — Seattle can’t deny this.

The guy is a legitimate reporters (or, at least works for legitimate outlets). Whether he knows what he is talking about here is anyone's guess.

BTW, there is a feeling in Seattle that Schneider's best drafts were with Scot McCloughan in the room.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scot_McCloughan

Scot McCloughan

NOT exactly Russ Ball.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scot_McCloughan

Scot McCloughan

NOT exactly Russ Ball.

yup....SM actually has scouting and personnel background

Hell, if ya want a good guy hire somebody from the forum.

RED, you interested ?????

I can find you a Cappie Guy if Ball leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It would be an absolute damn shame to give up a draft pick just to get a GM, I don't care who it is.
    We once traded a pick for a coach and then a 1st for a guy who went in the 2nd the year before and sat on the pine for that year. It worked out ok.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I would be ok with giving up a pick for Schneider... would rather do that than just hand the reins over to Ball, which is what I think is going to happen.
    wist

Scot McCloughan has been run out of three other franchises and has an admitted drinking problem. You can't put him in charge.

At best you put him on top of the scout department.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    AND THEN...........
    I can see why coach Mike McCarthy would have concerns about Ball as GM, as has been widely reported in the last couple days. One NFL source told me that Thompson and Ball have been in lockstep on the team’s approach to acquiring players, which is the most draft-oriented approach in the NFL
    More than any scout, Ball gets his marching order directly from Thompson and he is under orders not to talk to the press.

We wouldn't know his approach until he had the job. Schneider and McKenzie didn't take about differences until they left for other teams. Spoon even says as much in the next paragraph.

What we won’t know unless and until he sits in the GM seat is whether he would maintain that approach while in charge.