Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson

So I know he’s black and all but how fucking bad do you have to be at QB to warrant even mild criticism? Since his Reign of Gum Chewing Confusion began, I have seen nothing but excuses and scapegoating just about everyone from the WRs to the OL to the Def to explain Hundley’s dismal play physically and mentally from everyone from local media to national announcers. Is this a social justice issue or is there a deeper conspiracy to continue to pretend that this guy has an inkling of an ability to do anything other than miss throws and not make decisions? Like when they told us that gay guy was a great player or that Capernick could start for most NFL teams... oh my gosh... that’s it! Is Hundly playing like a fucking shitstain to strengthen Kapernick’s collusion claims?! Or does he just suck bum butt?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

OMG, flashback.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Well it was either him or Lil Joe at QB. His confidence had to be getting rocked by his own shitty play, why would his teammates make him even worse by destroying him mentally? He looked like a rookie QB would look, he just happened to have 2 years of practice in the NFL too so he shouldn't have sucked so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Photoshop his head in there.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

I am at a loss to find a LACK of criticism of Hundley, except possibly broadcast TV. But they always try to fluff the QB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think playing QB in NFL regular season is hard. So many guys look OK in preseason, or they have timing issues that you think will correct over practice and coaching.

Hundley just doesn't have the talent to throw accurately in full speed game, never will.

I blame the 2017 fiasco squarely on NFL stubborn tradition. Name another sport where important players sit on the bench completely for two years? The backup QB should play in most games, at least for a series, so they get some experience, and the team knows how serviceable the guy is. I believe the Packers saw enough of Hundley in practice to reasonably guess he had potential, but guessing is foolish, and they got burned.

some media types think Hundley will be back next year. i personally think he most likely played his last game as a pro last sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think playing QB in NFL regular season is hard. So many guys look OK in preseason, or they have timing issues that you think will correct over practice and coaching.

Hundley just doesn't have the talent to throw accurately in full speed game, never will.

I blame the 2017 fiasco squarely on NFL stubborn tradition. Name another sport where important players sit on the bench completely for two years? The backup QB should play in most games, at least for a series, so they get some experience, and the team knows how serviceable the guy is. I believe the Packers saw enough of Hundley in practice to reasonably guess he had potential, but guessing is foolish, and they got burned.
    NHL and MLB have ridiculously deep minor league systems. NBA has a growing minor league system as well as Europe. NFL has college.

Playing a backup QB for 1 series a game is like a MLB player getting 1 at bat every 5 games. It's time they stop treating the NCAA as their minor league system.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    some media types think Hundley will be back next year. i personally think he most likely played his last game as a pro last sunday.
    I am partially saying this because of how well it worked in MN this year. A good bit of why it worked well is because they have really developed a good defense. Case Keenum turned out to be a better than expected signing for them. If Green Bay can find the next QB with NFL starting experience, but not considered a starter, I think that would be a good idea at this point in A-Rod's career.

Also, it would be real competition for Hundley, should they bring him back to see if he has learned from his time starting this year. That way you are not giving up on him too early (his value is pretty low anyway), but at least you can kick the tires this next off-season/TC/Pre-season and see if he can compete with an experienced QB for the backup job. The new GM might be willing to commit more cap money to a backup instead of having both backup QB's be green as grass.

I'll be concerned if they let it ride with Hundley and Callahan as competition for the backup, or of they just bring in a first year guy to add to that mix. If A-Rod were to get hurt, we'd be right back where we were this year, and nobody wants that.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I think Skinbasket is badmouthing Hundley so he can get him cheap on his FF team.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Case Keenum turned out to be a better than expected signing for them.
    Case Keenum had a number of NFL starts.

In hinder sight, Kap with his extensive NFL experience had a lot to offer as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am at a loss to find a LACK of criticism of Hundley, except possibly broadcast TV. But they always try to fluff the QB.
    Seriously? The weird thing is that so many people in here have an irrationally bad opinion of Hundley. It's dead obvious that his fault that you people stupidly find unacceptable was that he wasn't able to compensate for all the badness like Aaron Rodgers did. Not many QBs could do that.

And what the hell does Ferguson's name and pic have to do with anything?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I just 'membered that Tex thought Hundley was the next Dak Prescott.

Well, Prescott did have a down year.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    This is probably true. Bad QB's that start for the Packers when Rodgers goes down don't even have careers outside of Green Bay. Scott Tolzien couldn't even start for the 4-12 Colts except for 1 game where he was so bad and they knew it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well Mr Smartypants, I will have you know that my opinion is based on cursory peeks at the journal sentinel, a Pulitzer Prize winning publication, in which several articles blamed Nelson by name and other wr’s by association for hundly’s woes instead of the reverse. It is also based on a casual watching of games in various states of inebriation, where announcers were blaming running backs and offensive linemen for blown plays by default.

So my out of state casual view based on occasional reading of poorly written and thought out articles trumps your crass attempt at invalidating my feelings. That and I am obviously right.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I was listening to them tell me on the NFL network that Reggie McKenzie has done an 'outstanding' job as the Oakland GM.

In 6 years he is 36-60 with a single WC round loss in the playoffs.

Can we just hand out participation trophies and not play football anymore?

FYI: After all, that's the goal anyway - to destroy all remnants of male-dominated institutions.

Meanwhile I have to navigate the Boys Scouts allowing girls into the Scouts (why call it Boys Scouts then? Ah ha, that's the reason). Sorry, Skinbasket, but in today's world A is B so long as you are on the correct side of the PC fence. You do not what to run afoul of the Mob.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rand, wtf is up with your signature line?

Please provide context or I may “SWAT” you.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Well Mr Smartypants, I will have you know that my opinion is based on cursory peeks at the journal sentinel, a Pulitzer Prize winning publication, in which several articles blamed Nelson by name and other wr’s by association for hundly’s woes instead of the reverse. It is also based on a casual watching of games in various states of inebriation, where announcers were blaming running backs and offensive linemen for blown plays by default.

So my out of state casual view based on occasional reading of poorly written and thought out articles trumps your crass attempt at invalidating my feelings. That and I am obviously right.
    You might find relief in the game day threads then. There has been no shortage of mentions.

TV is just dumb.

After Hundley, the next two stories are Dom and coaches earning their way out the door and Nelson coming apart at the seams. There are only so many ways you can say Hundley went four games at home without a TD pass.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Rand, wtf is up with your signature line?

Please provide context or I may “SWAT” you.
    A google search would have given you this as the top hit:

The Star Trek Transcripts - The Menagerie, Part 2
    www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/16b.htm
    PIKE: All I want to do is get my hands on you. Can you read these thoughts, images of hate, killing? KEEPER: The other new arrival has considered you unreachable but now is realising this has changed. The factors in her favour are youth and strength, plus unusually strong female drives. PIKE: You'll find my thoughts more interesting, thoughts so primitive you can't understand.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I thought you were quoting one of the degenerates on this board.