Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turd Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    some media types think Hundley will be back next year. i personally think he most likely played his last game as a pro last sunday.
    If Hundly is back in the league Kapernick supporters will lose their collective shit.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    If Hundly is back in the league Kapernick supporters will lose their collective shit.
    I would, but I am pretty sure CK is done.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I say again, it's idiocy to trash Hundley. He played as well as could be expected under difficult circumstances - namely, mostly lame personnel around him.

As for the disgusting comparison to Kaepernick, yeah, Kaepernick may well not play again in the NFL, but that has very little to do with his football ability. Hundley has no such stains on his character that I've heard of.

Prediction: the Packers will trade him for somewhere between a 2nd and 5th round draft pick - or if he is cheap enough to extend, keep him as a back up QB.

And I ask AGAIN, how does Ferguson's name and pic get dragged into this stupid thread?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

They already have/did.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Please provide context or I may “SWAT” you.
    BTW, this sounded like a threat of some sort. Are you a moderator? I just want to know who I should insult to get banned.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I say again, it's idiocy to trash Hundley. He played as well as could be expected under difficult circumstances - namely, mostly lame personnel around him.
    Sorry, this is a bad take. I agree it's wrong to insult Hundley, and that he played as well as could be expected. But that just means that his best is pretty awful. And the coaching staff and GM should have known the kind of shit show he was going to drop on them if something happened to Rodgers. Plenty of other teams stock reasonably capable backups. My favorite was Shuan Hill for Detroit and Cade McNown. There are guys like that who can at least throw a decent ball who the Packers could have signed. They should have known how shitty Hundley is and/or that the scheme wasn't going to work with him running it. That's all on them. A better backup might have won a game or two more and kept them in the running.

As far as surrounding personnel: I guess - except that I saw Hundley miss open guys - both miss them as in not finding them and miss them as in throwing the ball thirty yards over their heads.

It very well could be that Murphy looked at the decisions leading to Hundley as backup and decided that that kind of GM and Coaching work was unacceptable. It's not an outrageous position to take.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Dude failed to make some throws a NFL ready QB should make and he didn't go through progressions well at all

It sucks that he had to play; odds are we were going to get a decent draft pick for him; now we're not getting much if anything
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    BTW, this sounded like a threat of some sort. Are you a moderator? I just want to know who I should insult to get banned.
    Thinking I’m a moderator is an insult to the mods. Or maybe it’s an insult to me. *shrug*

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    It's a combination of things on the offense. Hundley isn't very good, now he isn't terrible. He is not a starting QB in the NFL. Can he hold down the fort for a couple of games? Sure. I think Packer fans had this expectation that he was the next Aaron Rodgers waiting behind Favre, and those were ridiculous expectations that were given legs by McCarthy himself. I never thought he looked great in the preseason. He looked like a young backup. He was highly regarded talent going into his last year of college football. Some scouts hand him ranked as first to second round prospect. The fact that he fell to the 5th round speaks volumes about his overall talent as a QB. When it comes to Hundley the talent just isn't their to be a winning qb in the NFL.

The second contributing factor is that the Packers offensive line had it's struggles along the offensive line with injury. Injuries forced very raw players to play at key positions, and they got hurt. Hundley struggled to rely on protection from this group on a consistent basis which effected his ability to stay in the pocket, recognize his reads, and set his feet to make accurate throws.

The other issue was that the Packers receiving corps and tight ends are not as good as some thought. Nelson is not an elite receiver that makes his QB better, its the opposite. He is a good receiver that is made to look outstanding by Aaron Rodgers. Cobb was a star that burned out a bit early and makes too much damn money. The Packers have one elite receiver and that is Adams. He demonstrated that he is elite regardless who is tossing the football.

It is a bad combination of talent and events that led to Hundley's poor production. It is a shock to the system to Packer fan based on what type of production they have been used to.

Do they have any more shit to lose?

I'm not a CK fan, but there's no way I believe that he isn't possibly better than a significant number of QBs currently in the NFL.

He went from starter to pariah with no chance of redemption in 2.5 seconds. Obviously he didn't help himself, and the knee was only part of it, but I don't believe that a league that kept Tebow around for a year as a punt protector couldn't find a way he could help a team.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Do they have any more shit to lose?

I'm not a CK fan, but there's no way I believe that he isn't possibly better than a significant number of QBs currently in the NFL.

He went from starter to pariah with no chance of redemption in 2.5 seconds. Obviously he didn't help himself, and the knee was only part of it, but I don't believe that a league that kept Tebow around for a year as a punt protector couldn't find a way he could help a team.
    Kap can still reasonably play. But the dude may have tanked the whole league. Even stadiums with good teams in the playoff hunt were sometimes only 80% full. That plus the concussions, the soccer mom society, the tanking cable packages, and the league is finished in a few decades. Kap represents that tanking to ownership. Who the hell wants that around?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Thinking I’m a moderator is an insult to the mods. Or maybe it’s an insult to me. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    It's a combination of things on the offense. Hundley isn't very good, now he isn't terrible. He is not a starting QB in the NFL. Can he hold down the fort for a couple of games? Sure. I think Packer fans had this expectation that he was the next Aaron Rodgers waiting behind Favre, and those were ridiculous expectations that were given legs by McCarthy himself. I never thought he looked great in the preseason. He looked like a young backup. He was highly regarded talent going into his last year of college football. Some scouts hand him ranked as first to second round prospect. The fact that he fell to the 5th round speaks volumes about his overall talent as a QB. When it comes to Hundley the talent just isn't their to be a winning qb in the NFL.

The second contributing factor is that the Packers offensive line had it's struggles along the offensive line with injury. Injuries forced very raw players to play at key positions, and they got hurt. Hundley struggled to rely on protection from this group on a consistent basis which effected his ability to stay in the pocket, recognize his reads, and set his feet to make accurate throws.

The other issue was that the Packers receiving corps and tight ends are not as good as some thought. Nelson is not an elite receiver that makes his QB better, its the opposite. He is a good receiver that is made to look outstanding by Aaron Rodgers. Cobb was a star that burned out a bit early and makes too much damn money. The Packers have one elite receiver and that is Adams. He demonstrated that he is elite regardless who is tossing the football.

It is a bad combination of talent and events that led to Hundley's poor production. It is a shock to the system to Packer fan based on what type of production they have been used to.
    Not to mention the collapse of the TE position.

But most scouts had Hundley around 4-5. And I'd bet for every scout that had him 1-2, there were 3 who had him 7-FA.

The problem with Hundley wasn't that he didn't measure up to Rodgers, it was that he couldn't run a pro offense. He couldn't run the Packer offense, and the coaches could barely put together a game plan to win using his limited talents. The extent of the drop off from Rodgers is on the coaching staff and GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

I didn’t expect him to be a world beater but he was close to a dumpster fire. He’s terribly inaccurate and he freaks out when his first 2 reads aren’t open. He can’t make a throw farther than 10 yards down field.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Kap can still reasonably play. But the dude may have tanked the whole league. Even stadiums with good teams in the playoff hunt were sometimes only 80% full. That plus the concussions, the soccer mom society, the tanking cable packages, and the league is finished in a few decades. Kap represents that tanking to ownership. Who the hell wants that around?
    This season in particular has the character of a season of Survivor. Not Survivor when it was new, but a few seasons in when the strategy developed for the JAGs to gang up on anyone who was likeable, useful, or interesting and eliminate them first. I never saw a season of survivor beyond the first so if that's not accurate I apologize. I'm stealing this analogy from a bartender. Anyways this season everyone good or interesting got hurt leaving the healthy JV teams and their small-ball to inherit the league.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.