Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

Luke Getsy is moving to Mississippi State to be their OC.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...b4019cbcb.html

Wilde also has heard reports that Winston Moss is not expected back.

Edgar Bennett is not expected to be the OC next year, but could, possibly, return in a different capacity.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I wouldn't mind Bennett going back to the WR room.

Does anyone else have any feelings besides ambivalence/apathy towards Winston Moss? He may be super organized and invaluable as an administrator (thus the assistant HC title), but nothing else has ever come out about how he's an amazing coach.

And the OC decision from a couple years ago turned out to not be wise. Clements couldn't handle playcalling and is gone, and now reports that Bennett got Peter-principled. M3 can get hires right (see Zook), but he seems to like to get them wrong first. Hopefully the potentially new OC is better suited, and whomever he picks for DC is an improvement. Because the quotes from the players indicate it was less Dom and more of his staff that were the problem (ultimately which means it was DC's fault, but it also explains why the other staff is being let go too).
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Schefter and Demovsky and Mort

Edgar Bennett is out as Packers’ offensive coordinaor and Alex Van Pelt is out as Packers’ QB coach, per @RobDemovsky and @mortreport.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Edgar Bennett is out as Packers’ offensive coordinaor and Alex Van Pelt is out as Packers’ QB coach, per @RobDemovsky and @mortreport.
    Bringing back McAdoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bringing back McAdoo?
    Not as OC I hope. Maybe as QB coach.

Would prefer Philbin as OC if going back to the future. Would prefer not to go back to the future though.

Wilde says his source still thinks Bennett could end up with new job on staff. Mort and Demovsky don't make it sound that way though.

Officially, they are two days behind.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers announce that DC Dom Capers,ILBs coach Scott McCurley and DT coach Mike Trgovac have been fired. No mention of Bennett or Van Pelt.

yup...edger and van pelt are out.

packers-fire-offensive-coordinator-qb-coach

guess it's their fault Hundley sucked so bad. lol

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
    Can confirm Alex Van Pelt is out as quarterbacks coach in Green Bay, as @RobDemovsky & @mortreport said. His contract was up and was not renewed.

Bennett was under contract, however. It is not a slam dunk that he is leaving the organization. Still waiting to see what his future will be. AVP is free to pursue and OC job, which is what he admittedly was after.

Chicago Bears @ChicagoBears
    #Bears GM Ryan Pace interviewed Vic Fangio for the head coaching position today.

Confirmation that Bennett could stay on staff

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
    #Packers announce they’ve parted ways with DC Dom Capers and assistants Scott McCurley and Mike Trgovac. They’re also reassigning OC Edgar Bennett and QBs coach Alex Van Pelt’s contract won’t be renewed, sources tell @RapSheet and me. NFL’s most stable staff getting a big shakeup

It takes a while to get the Axe Sharp in Titletown...But when they do heads really Roll..

Quote Originally Posted by Gotarace View Post
    It takes a while to get the Axe Sharp in Titletown...But when they do heads really Roll..
    the loss of Rodgers this season really unmasked the amount of suck this team had.

Looks like M3 is putting Hundley's performance and that of the offense squarely on the shoulders of his QB coach and offensive coordinator. Interesting.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

reassigning OC Edgar Bennett
    well...that's good. always liked Edger.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the loss of Rodgers this season really unmasked the amount of suck this team had.
    And it seems like it wasn’t just us negative types that saw it, like many tried to say

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
    Can confirm Alex Van Pelt is out as quarterbacks coach in Green Bay, as @RobDemovsky & @mortreport said. His contract was up and was not renewed.

Bennett was under contract, however. It is not a slam dunk that he is leaving the organization. Still waiting to see what his future will be. AVP is free to pursue and OC job, which is what he admittedly was after.
    Aaron Rodgers is now the de facto OC. All others will perform in a supporting roll.

Hundley is getting a lot of people fired.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    And it seems like it wasn’t just us negative types that saw it, like many tried to say
    It's all very clearly as the A and B and C's of it and what we really had in TT as the Packers GM.

Simply take some time to see the Black and the White of it and the Poor Head Coach that Mike McCarthy is.

This LINK (Below) Blows the Cover off that TRUTH !

This Packer Fan NAILS Mike McCarthy as the Grade 'C' / 'D' Head Coach that he is. The clear TRUTH that Mike McCarthy clearly ' flies Under the Radar ' and on the Coattails of Aaron Rodgers Superior Talent/Skills.

Posters here want to believe that MM's a Superior Football Coach. That, if he was released too many other NFL Teams would leap at attaining him. I have clear reason and evidence that challenges any such opinion.

I would only agree to that if NFL Teams are neglecting their Homework and Mike McCarthy.

Check this LINK out and be informed about TT, MM, Dom Capers and Packer CEO Mark Murphy; and the Myth of Green Bay Packer strength and these 'Four', now reduced to Two:

Any conclusion and that as the TRUTH is plainly ridiculous.

If you desire to be a better informed Packer Fan moving forward, HERE'S THE TRUTH:

https://coachch.weebly.com/blog/category/all

************************************************** ******************************

What we are now stuck with again (at least for the next 2018 Season) and Mike McCarthy as the Packers Head Coach; is really just this, 'as a fact' I've clearly observed.

No man should ever turn his back on Mike McCarthy.

Watch for this and Mike McCarthy :

Karma has a way to deal with Foul Play !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-03-2018 at 07:16 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Looks like M3 is putting Hundley's performance and that of the offense squarely on the shoulders of his QB coach and offensive coordinator. Interesting.

That's clearly what Mike McCarthy does best.

He knows how to look after his own skin.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau