Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    " Some guys can look like geniuses when they have great players. Even Barry Switzer looked marginally competent with an all star cast."

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Exactly.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He not only has the stink of McAdoo's Giants offense, but also Jeff Fisher's Rams offense. Woof.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ch/1020201001/

Comment woodbuck27:

Does this hire make any sense? Is this a Hire with a proven Track Record of Success?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...jr/1021078001/

Packers retain, promote assistant coach Joe Whitt Jr.

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 7:44 p.m. CT Jan. 10, 2018

Comment woodbuck27:

There's a lot of info. in this Post in regards to the direction new DC Mike Pettine might go and rounding out his Defensive Coaching staff.

"Whitt will be coaching a different system that requires the cornerbacks to play press coverage a good portion of the time." - JSO article on Joe Whitt's promotion

This may be the best news of the entire offseason, since no Packer defensive back or linebacker on the roster seems to know how to play zone defense anyway.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Comment woodbuck27:

Does this hire make any sense? Is this a Hire with a proven Track Record of Success?
    Does a QB Coach really matter with Rodgers? I can see getting someone of note when you have a young QB who needs the help, but I don't think it's really all that important in GB. I'm not going to get too worked up about it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Does a QB Coach really matter with Rodgers? I can see getting someone of note when you have a young QB who needs the help, but I don't think it's really all that important in GB. I'm not going to get too worked up about it.
    There's always things he can work on, so having a QB coach can help.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I am afraid to go look up the QB coach's former offenses performance. I know two of them and I don't want to know the rest.

McCarthy hires too many former buddies. At least Pettine gets around that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers are hiring former #Giants DL coach Patrick Graham. He may coach LBs. That’s what he coached with the #Patriots. Highly regarded young coach who got high recommendation from Ben McAdoo to Mike McCarthy.

If he coaches LBs, who is catching D line? They are both gone.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Chicago Tribune: https://t.co/vj9indOshB

Brad Biggs‏ @BradBiggs
    Coordinator watch: #Bears waiting on Vic Fangio.

This is really interesting. Would indicate the #Packers still had a chance at Fangio when they hired Pettine. He has not returned to the #Bears as some reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Did you consider the hire might have something to do with MM's long term relationship with this hire instead of solid credentials and/or up and coming promise?

I am afraid to go look up the QB coach's former offenses performance. I know two of them and I don't want to know the rest.

McCarthy hires too many former buddies. At least Pettine gets around that.
    Yes.

#Packers are hiring former #Giants DL coach Patrick Graham. He may coach LBs. That’s what he coached with the #Patriots. Highly regarded young coach who got high recommendation from Ben McAdoo to Mike McCarthy.

If he coaches LBs, who is catching D line? They are both gone.
    http://www.packers.com/team/coaches.html

This Guy survived to today:

Winston Moss - Associate Head Coach/Linebackers

Mike McCarthy Fired this Guy ( Assistant Linebackers Coach Scott McCurley ) who looked after Coaching the ILBer's, or as I understood that to be true..

It's difficult to say, the way their doing things now; if they have a specific plan for a ILBers Coach.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Brad Biggs‏ @BradBiggs

This is really interesting. Would indicate the #Packers still had a chance at Fangio when they hired Pettine. He has not returned to the #Bears as some reported.
    Still didn't want Fangio. I just don't get the love.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-assistant/

Jim O'Neil, former DC for Pettine in Cleveland when MP was head coach, is going to the Raiders.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-assistant/

Jim O'Neil, former DC for Pettine in Cleveland when MP was head coach, is going to the Raiders.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    [O'Neil] had reportedly interviewed with #Packers to coach LBs under Pettine. Was Pettine’s DC with Browns.

Brad Biggs‏ @BradBiggs

There was some speculation that Fangio, being a Capers disciple, might not want to replace a fired Capers. Perhaps he just turned down a chance to interview for the Packers job.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Whitt will be coaching a different system that requires the cornerbacks to play press coverage a good portion of the time." - JSO article on Joe Whitt's promotion

This may be the best news of the entire offseason, since no Packer defensive back or linebacker on the roster seems to know how to play zone defense anyway.
    Have the Packers hired Whitt's replacement yet?

If not, and since Al Harris - dude sure knows the art of press coverage - is under contract with the Chiefs, McCarthy should hire moi to coach the corners. I was a shutdown corner in HS, and I shut down Darren Charles in a game. Plus, I play alotta Madden, so I know defense.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There was some speculation that Fangio, being a Capers disciple, might not want to replace a fired Capers. Perhaps he just turned down a chance to interview for the Packers job.
    Could very well be.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...-winston-moss/

According to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, the Packers are not expected to retain associate head coach and linebackers coach Winston Moss after McCarthy passed him over for the open defensive coordinator job.