Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

Fangio is staying with the Bears as DC. You had to figure the Packers knew this was likely and went with Pettine rather than stringing this out.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    ESPN's @AdamSchefter reports that ex-#Packers QBs coach Alex Van Pelt lands in Cincinnati, where he'll work with @andydalton14. Guessing @AaronRodgers12 would give a strong recommendation.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here's what we have as of Sunday 13 Jan. 2018@6:11 AM CST:

We have Mike Pettine and (Joe Philbin - Reportedly) as DC and OC:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-coordinators

Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy hired a New QB's Coach Frank Cignetti Jr, previously of the New York Giants.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...mike-mccarthy/

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches.html

The rest and noticeably missing is a new a new DL Coach after the release of Mike Trgovac:

Also missing (and *** based on the Defensive Coaching Structure for the 2017 Season ***) are the following:

*** ... Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz544FcdyMn

** Defensive Coordinator

** Defensive Quality Control

** Assistant Linebackers

** Defensive Front Assistant
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I think the corners could actually be a pleasant surprise next year if they're forced to press every play. I am so sick of playing 5 yards off and playing soft.

Randall is very physical and a former safety. For whatever reason, I think Rollins will be dramatically improved if he plays outside and bumps. King is hugely long and looks like he'd naturally be very phyiscal. House is a solid bump-and-run player.

Maybe it's just off-season optimism but add another high pick to this group and I think they're okay. I would not object at all to making a big splash and signing the top CB on the FA market. It'll be expensive but any player that we find that is a stud at the position will receive market rate after a few years anyway.

Rollins had some trouble outside previously due to speed. Maybe he can learn to bump and run.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Darren Perry to be interviewed by Texans. Not for DC.

If Perry leaves and Whitt gets the entire defensive backfield, we will get a clean test of why D communications back there so often looked troubled.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If Perry leaves and Whitt gets the entire defensive backfield, we will get a clean test of why D communications back there so often looked troubled.
    Im guessing Pettine has someone in mind for the job. That's good.

Have all of the assistant openings been filled?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Have all of the assistant openings been filled?
    Nope. Safeties, asst LB (who had ILBs last year), 2 DL coaches.

Oh, okay. I suppose McCoach won't make an formal announcements until all these positions are filled?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    There are some rumors out there saying that Whitt won't coach the corners anymore due to his promotion to "passing game coordinator."

I've shipped my resume out to McCarthy. Fingers crossed. Trust me, I know how to teach the press coverage, as I've spent hours watching films of Al Harris on youtube. Hire me and King will morph into a shutdown corner in no time.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    There are some rumors out there saying that Whitt won't coach the corners anymore due to his promotion to "passing game coordinator."

I've shipped my resume out to McCarthy. Fingers crossed. Trust me, I know how to teach the press coverage, as I've spent hours watching films of Al Harris on youtube. Hire me and King will morph into a shutdown corner in no time.
    70% of the world is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris. Or so I've read.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    70% of the world is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris. Or so I've read.
    And a great, great acquisition by General Bill Tecumseh Sherman's great, great nephew, Mike.

And a great, great acquisition by General Bill Tecumseh Sherman's great, great nephew, Mike.
    Shermy had a few GM gems - mostly with Hatley. Then 2004 happened.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Shermy had a few GM gems - mostly with Hatley. Then 2004 happened.
    What some folks refuse to believe is that in addition to Hatley, brasses like Schneider, Dorsey, McKenzie, the Young Wolf and probably even the German Shepard (Gutey) all consulted Sherman. Still, it was Sherman's show and his show was a carbon copy of Wolf's.

(PS: McKenzie, Scheider, Dorsey are all GM in the NFL today. You don't see them subscribing to that Draft and Develop bull manure.)

Belichickism would be called Wolfism today if Wolf would've just drafted Randy Fucking Moss instead of that bum Vonnie Holiday. Favre and Moss in their primes together in the Green and Gold, man, the Packers would've won a tons of Super Bowls.

What some folks refuse to believe is that in addition to Hatley, brasses like Schneider, Dorsey, McKenzie, the Young Wolf and probably even the German Shepard (Gutey) all consulted Sherman. Still, it was Sherman's show and his show was a carbon copy of Wolf's.
    not exactly. Sherman fell in love with players and maneuvered to get them, often overspending. Wolf recognized that draft picks fail at predictable rates, and was more careful with them. Sherman had more misses than hits, and moving up to get guys cost him numbers. Still, even in his two worst draft years he found some good players (Wells and Williams at the bottom of 2004, Nick Barnett and Hillenmeyer in 2003). Just far too few to maintain a roster. Wolf's second last season (2000) was probably the second best of his life - it carried the Packer through 2004. Shermy need a year like that in 2003 or 2004 to remain competitive.

Belichickism would be called Wolfism today if Wolf would've just drafted Randy Fucking Moss instead of that bum Vonnie Holiday. Favre and Moss in their primes together in the Green and Gold, man, the Packers would've won a tons of Super Bowls.
    Randy Moss was 1998's Aaron Rodgers.

Joe Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Joe Johnson
    Didn't he get injured disembarking the plane into Green Bay?

Alex Marvez

@alexmarvez
    Source tells @sportingnews that @Colts defensive line coach Gary Emanuel has interviewed for same position with @packers

7:14 AM - Jan 17, 2018