Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 176

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

  1. #121
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,852
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    " Some guys can look like geniuses when they have great players. Even Barry Switzer looked marginally competent with an all star cast."

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Exactly.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  2. #122
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,852
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He not only has the stink of McAdoo's Giants offense, but also Jeff Fisher's Rams offense. Woof.



    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ch/1020201001/
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ch/1020201001/

    Comment woodbuck27:

    Does this hire make any sense? Is this a Hire with a proven Track Record of Success?
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  3. #123
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,852
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...jr/1021078001/

    Packers retain, promote assistant coach Joe Whitt Jr.

    Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 7:44 p.m. CT Jan. 10, 2018

    Comment woodbuck27:

    There's a lot of info. in this Post in regards to the direction new DC Mike Pettine might go and rounding out his Defensive Coaching staff.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  4. #124
    Neo Rat HOFer Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    15,116
    "Whitt will be coaching a different system that requires the cornerbacks to play press coverage a good portion of the time." - JSO article on Joe Whitt's promotion


    This may be the best news of the entire offseason, since no Packer defensive back or linebacker on the roster seems to know how to play zone defense anyway.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

    KYPack

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ch/1020201001/

    Comment woodbuck27:

    Does this hire make any sense? Is this a Hire with a proven Track Record of Success?
    Does a QB Coach really matter with Rodgers? I can see getting someone of note when you have a young QB who needs the help, but I don't think it's really all that important in GB. I'm not going to get too worked up about it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Does a QB Coach really matter with Rodgers? I can see getting someone of note when you have a young QB who needs the help, but I don't think it's really all that important in GB. I'm not going to get too worked up about it.
    There's always things he can work on, so having a QB coach can help.
    Fire James Campen!

  7. #127
    I am afraid to go look up the QB coach's former offenses performance. I know two of them and I don't want to know the rest.

    McCarthy hires too many former buddies. At least Pettine gets around that.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  8. #128
    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers are hiring former #Giants DL coach Patrick Graham. He may coach LBs. That’s what he coached with the #Patriots. Highly regarded young coach who got high recommendation from Ben McAdoo to Mike McCarthy.

    If he coaches LBs, who is catching D line? They are both gone.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  9. #129
    Chicago Tribune: https://t.co/vj9indOshB

    Brad Biggs‏ @BradBiggs
    Coordinator watch: #Bears waiting on Vic Fangio.

    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    This is really interesting. Would indicate the #Packers still had a chance at Fangio when they hired Pettine. He has not returned to the #Bears as some reported.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  10. #130
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Does a QB Coach really matter with Rodgers? I can see getting someone of note when you have a young QB who needs the help, but I don't think it's really all that important in GB. I'm not going to get too worked up about it.
    Did you consider the hire might have something to do with MM's long term relationship with this hire instead of solid credentials and/or up and coming promise?
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  11. #131
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,852
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am afraid to go look up the QB coach's former offenses performance. I know two of them and I don't want to know the rest.

    McCarthy hires too many former buddies. At least Pettine gets around that.
    Yes.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  12. #132
    Moose Rat HOFer woodbuck27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28,852
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers are hiring former #Giants DL coach Patrick Graham. He may coach LBs. That’s what he coached with the #Patriots. Highly regarded young coach who got high recommendation from Ben McAdoo to Mike McCarthy.

    If he coaches LBs, who is catching D line? They are both gone.
    http://www.packers.com/team/coaches.html

    This Guy survived to today:

    Winston Moss - Associate Head Coach/Linebackers

    Mike McCarthy Fired this Guy ( Assistant Linebackers Coach Scott McCurley ) who looked after Coaching the ILBer's, or as I understood that to be true..

    It's difficult to say, the way their doing things now; if they have a specific plan for a ILBers Coach.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-11-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    * To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    * If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    * Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chicago Tribune: https://t.co/vj9indOshB

    Brad Biggs‏ @BradBiggs
    Coordinator watch: #Bears waiting on Vic Fangio.

    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    This is really interesting. Would indicate the #Packers still had a chance at Fangio when they hired Pettine. He has not returned to the #Bears as some reported.
    Still didn't want Fangio. I just don't get the love.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

  14. #134
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-assistant/

    Jim O'Neil, former DC for Pettine in Cleveland when MP was head coach, is going to the Raiders.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  15. #135

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-assistant/

    Jim O'Neil, former DC for Pettine in Cleveland when MP was head coach, is going to the Raiders.

    Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
    [O'Neil] had reportedly interviewed with #Packers to coach LBs under Pettine. Was Pettine’s DC with Browns.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  17. #137
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    20,168
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Chicago Tribune: https://t.co/vj9indOshB

    Brad Biggs‏ @BradBiggs
    Coordinator watch: #Bears waiting on Vic Fangio.

    Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    This is really interesting. Would indicate the #Packers still had a chance at Fangio when they hired Pettine. He has not returned to the #Bears as some reported.
    There was some speculation that Fangio, being a Capers disciple, might not want to replace a fired Capers. Perhaps he just turned down a chance to interview for the Packers job.

  18. #138
    Senior Rat All-Pro Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The crumbling walls
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Whitt will be coaching a different system that requires the cornerbacks to play press coverage a good portion of the time." - JSO article on Joe Whitt's promotion


    This may be the best news of the entire offseason, since no Packer defensive back or linebacker on the roster seems to know how to play zone defense anyway.
    Have the Packers hired Whitt's replacement yet?

    If not, and since Al Harris - dude sure knows the art of press coverage - is under contract with the Chiefs, McCarthy should hire moi to coach the corners. I was a shutdown corner in HS, and I shut down Darren Charles in a game. Plus, I play alotta Madden, so I know defense.
    He said, I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
    If you can tell me something worth fighting for

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    There was some speculation that Fangio, being a Capers disciple, might not want to replace a fired Capers. Perhaps he just turned down a chance to interview for the Packers job.
    Could very well be.

  20. #140
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    20,168
    http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...-winston-moss/

    According to Jason Wilde of the Wisconsin State Journal, the Packers are not expected to retain associate head coach and linebackers coach Winston Moss after McCarthy passed him over for the open defensive coordinator job.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •