So we all agree that 2017 was a disappointing season.

The D, while hurt as usual, underperformed in stretches and had numerous communication issues.
The O, while losing its MVP QB, struggled with Hundley at the helm.

The HC, who sure the fuck ain’t going to fire himself, needs to fix the problems he sees in the organization before the next season?

What do you do?

I would fire the DC and any other D coaches that are leading to the communication errors. This has to be fixed right away. As a coach you can bitch about talent but the reality is you get the players the GM gives you. If the players don’t have the experience to run the scheme you want you dumby the scheme down to where your team can play it. If all you have left is Donnetello Brown to play slot CB let him play and keep your S at safety running the back end and don’t make him play slot corner.

On the O side I am not sure what I would do but Edgar didn’t really seem to be pushing the O forward. The QB backup situation was a mess. I am not sure that is on coaching or talent but I was high on Hundley to start. I thought after 3 or 4 games he would be serviceable and after the Pitt game thought he was turning the corner. We went with more read option and run at the end when Hundley’s limitations were evident. Maybe Edgar did design the read option part or maybe he didn’t. Maybe Edgar’s insistent that the Packers run the same O is what made MM realize he was expendable.