Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

Holy carp the Colts defense was awful. Worse than the Packers.

I am not liking this new Packer coaching staff. Looks a lot more like McCarthy's first rather than his second.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Joe Johnson
    Joe Johnson has nothing on BJ Sanders.

Sherm the Great kept two punters and let Hillenmeyer go to the Bears.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Holy carp the Colts defense was awful. Worse than the Packers.

I am not liking this new Packer coaching staff. Looks a lot more like McCarthy's first rather than his second.
    Don't know much about Emanuel, but not sure how much can be blamed on the DL coach. That was a BAD team overall. They were 26th against the run, but only because they were 3rd in rushing attempts against. Their YPC allowed was in the top 10. Maybe they were on the field too much because the offense was so bad? I know they were 31st in stopping 3rd down conversions. Packers were almost as bad. How much of that would you blame on the DL coach? Just saying you can have a decent coach on a bad team.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Is this the same Colts DL coach who got 11 sacks out of Erik Walden?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Is this the same Colts DL coach who got 11 sacks out of Erik Walden?
    Wouldn’t that be a LB coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Don't know much about Emanuel, but not sure how much can be blamed on the DL coach. That was a BAD team overall. They were 26th against the run, but only because they were 3rd in rushing attempts against. Their YPC allowed was in the top 10. Maybe they were on the field too much because the offense was so bad? I know they were 31st in stopping 3rd down conversions. Packers were almost as bad. How much of that would you blame on the DL coach? Just saying you can have a decent coach on a bad team.
    True. But McCarthy seems to be collecting them or his former friends.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Joe Johnson has nothing on BJ Sanders.

Sherm the Great kept two punters and let Hillenmeyer go to the Bears.
    Yes, theoretically, trading up in the 3rd round to draft a punter seems like an unwise strategy. But Sanders was the 53rd man on the roster his rookie year, so in the grand scheme of things, that move was a no biggie. I mean, thanks to the NFL's idiotic deactivation rule of allowing only 46 players to suit up on any given Sunday, the 53rd player, whether it be Sanders or Joe Dirt, likely won't play anyway.

The Sanders fuck up is actually not as bad as the one that saw Thompson cut bona fide NFL punter Jon Ryan for Derek Frost.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Trgovac going to The Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Yes, theoretically, trading up in the 3rd round to draft a punter seems like an unwise strategy. But Sanders was the 53rd man on the roster his rookie year, so in the grand scheme of things, that move was a no biggie. I mean, thanks to the NFL's idiotic deactivation rule of allowing only 46 players to suit up on any given Sunday, the 53rd player, whether it be Sanders or Joe Dirt, likely won't play anyway.

The Sanders fuck up is actually not as bad as the one that saw Thompson cut bona fide NFL punter Jon Ryan for Derek Frost.
    Since we don’t know who the 53 player would have been, hard to put a ceiling on how bad that was. But it was completely an effort to save face. Not keep a talent.

Ryan for Frost on the other hand is when scheme got in the way of talent. A rarity on the Packers in terms of final roster.

Since we don’t know who the 53 player would have been, hard to put a ceiling on how bad that was. But it was completely an effort to save face. Not keep a talent.

Ryan for Frost on the other hand is when scheme got in the way of talent. A rarity on the Packers in terms of final roster.
    87 Green Bay Packers B.J. Sander P Ohio State
    88 Minnesota Vikings Darrion Scott DE Ohio State
    89 Philadelphia Eagles Matt Ware DB UCLA
    90 Atlanta Falcons Matt Schaub QB Virginia
    91 St. Louis Rams Anthony Hargrove DE Georgia Tech
    92 Tennessee Titans Rich Gardner CB Penn State
    93 Kansas City Chiefs Keyaron Fox LB Georgia Tech
    94 Carolina Panthers Travelle Wharton G South Carolina
    95 New England Patriots Guss Scott SAF Florida
    96 Cincinnati Bengals Landon Johnson MLB Purdue

Any of those picks was better than HJ Sander.

How about this

126 Kansas City Chiefs Jared Allen DE Idaho State
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer
    Scott McCurley is rejoining the Packers defensive coaching staff, sources told ESPN. He coached inside linebackers under Dom Capers but was initially let go with Capers. He may have a different role under new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. Also, special teams assistant Jason Simmons will shift to a defensive position. Maurice Drayton comes from the Colts to take Simmons' old role.

There are Ravens connections with former Pagano's staff in Indy so that might explain some of this. But hoo boy their D was hideous for years under him.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...es/1048924001/

This article states that Whitt will NOT be coaching CBs and that CB coach could be the position Simmons is elevated too.

Paul Kuharsky

@PaulKuharskyNFL
    5h5 hours ago

Hearing Mike Vrabel is looking to hire Darren Perry. Maybe for DC. Has coached DBs for #Packers since 2009. #Titans

TomSilverstein tweeted:

#Packers are hiring Bowling Green safeties coach Ryan Downard, the university announced Monday. Downard was a defensive assistant for Mike Pettine in Cleveland before going to BGSU. Not sure if this means Darren Perry isn't returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    TomSilverstein tweeted:

#Packers are hiring Bowling Green safeties coach Ryan Downard, the university announced Monday. Downard was a defensive assistant for Mike Pettine in Cleveland before going to BGSU. Not sure if this means Darren Perry isn't returning.
    I'd say that's a good way to read it. One way or the other, I don't see Perry coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'd say that's a good way to read it. One way or the other, I don't see Perry coming back.
    The kid doesn't have anything other than assistant to the traveling secretary for the safeties coach on his resume in the NFL. He is going to be the Quality Control guy to replace Tim McGarigle.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packer...medium=twitter

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The kid doesn't have anything other than assistant to the traveling secretary for the safeties coach on his resume in the NFL. He is going to be the Quality Control guy to replace Tim McGarigle.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packer...medium=twitter

As a result, Perry may experience the other opportunities he has on the table.
    The Packers will never get anywhere with passive voice descriptions like these. Need to be more aggressive: "He's fired!"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Weird.

Jason Wilde
    ‏On @WildeAndTausch ~ In honor of Jerry Montgomery returning to #Packers staff after (briefly) leaving for Texas A&M, what's the shortest time you've had a job before quitting/being fired/leaving? Share via the @FestFoods Twitter feed.

The staff has been officially announced. And I recognize so few names. Hopefully they're all up and comers.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Weird.

Jason Wilde
    ‏On @WildeAndTausch ~ In honor of Jerry Montgomery returning to #Packers staff after (briefly) leaving for Texas A&M, what's the shortest time you've had a job before quitting/being fired/leaving? Share via the @FestFoods Twitter feed.
    Hmm...
    I got hired by McDonalds on a Monday (truth is I worked at the place a year before - this was after my freshman year in college), worked a shift on Tuesday, got a call on Tuesday afternoon from Kohl's bakery, quit the McDonald's job, and worked the Tuesday night shift at Kohl's.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck