Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

I believe they gave E.Wolf a new title or promotion after declining permission.
    Is it surprising or unusual for a superior to fire his assistants if things aren't going well? Eventually that person's superior will fire them if things don't change... I don't see this as M3 saving his skin so much as a logical move. Capers D wasn't working, Getsy had a job offer, AVP wanted to shop around. I don't see the issue here.

I neither like nor dislike the man; I don't know him. I do think he has his flaws. Doing nothing this offseason would have been foolish.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I don't know. This forum presents a few opportunities to do just that.
    QFT

hahahaha
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Chances of #Packers assistant coach Edgar Bennett moving on look pretty strong, according to a source. Plenty of opportunity out there with all the coaching changes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
    That was fast. The #Lions are blocking defensive coordinator Teryl Austin from interviewing with the #Packers. Perhaps when they hire a HC…

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Bears DC Vic Fangio isn't a free agent until next Tuesday at 12:01 a.m. Teams must ask for permission from #Bears to interview for a lateral position until then. #Packers likely waiting until then since Fangio is #Bears head-coaching candidate.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Report Darren Perry front-runner for Packers DC job. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...e-coordinator/

the more i think about it, the more i have a problem with keeping fat mike

not letting mike goes means he's here for at least 2 more year, even if he continues to hold the team back

because.....

hes getting to hire a new d-cord. the new guy is gonna come in and hopefully fix the defense. if fat mike doesn't pick it up and where to get fired by the new GM after next season, then that would more then likely mean having to get another new d-cord

so at this point the new GM has his hands tied as soon as mike picks his new guy, unless he wants the defense to be even more of a mess then it already is

i wonder if this whole thing wasn't mikes idea knowing it would buy him a couple more years, when the pitchforks were out for him

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Report Darren Perry front-runner for Packers DC job. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018...e-coordinator/
    NO NO NO

how is this a step forward?

he safety play might be the biggest problem with the D. there is no communication back there, and no brains

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That's clearly what Mike McCarthy does best.

He knows how to look after his own skin.
    My God.

I agree with Woodbuck.

Armageddon is nigh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Fritz, I've considered joining the piss and moan squad mesself.

Things are beyond shaky at 1265.

I've got my own little DC candidate.

Joe Whitt Jr. I like the way he runs the CB's. He can coach 'em up. Can he run a D? I think so, but who knows?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Fritz, I've considered joining the piss and moan squad mesself.

Things are beyond shaky at 1265.

I've got my own little DC candidate.

Joe Whitt Jr. I like the way he runs the CB's. He can coach 'em up. Can he run a D? I think so, but who knows?
    Charles Woodson agrees with you.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Alex Marvez

@alexmarvez
    The @Packers have a new WRs coach. Source tells @SportingNews that Jim Hostler is leaving the @Colts for same position in GB

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the more i think about it, the more i have a problem with keeping fat mike

not letting mike goes means he's here for at least 2 more year, even if he continues to hold the team back

because.....

hes getting to hire a new d-cord. the new guy is gonna come in and hopefully fix the defense. if fat mike doesn't pick it up and where to get fired by the new GM after next season, then that would more then likely mean having to get another new d-cord

so at this point the new GM has his hands tied as soon as mike picks his new guy, unless he wants the defense to be even more of a mess then it already is

i wonder if this whole thing wasn't mikes idea knowing it would buy him a couple more years, when the pitchforks were out for him
    Mike McCarthy has only one Agenda:

Mike McCarthy Looking after Mike McCarthy.

Clearly Mike McCarthy has completely LOST it and MUST be dismissed at all cost that must happen ASAP...like tomorrow.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Clearly Mike McCarthy has completely LOST it and MUST be dismissed at all cost that must happen ASAP...like tomorrow.
    Be careful what you wish for...

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    My God.

I agree with Woodbuck.

Armageddon is nigh.
    Any Packer fan would have to have his head 'lost in space'; not to see the HUGE error here now is Mike McCarthy.

I have absolute confidence that Mike McCarthy is as good as gone !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    My God.

I agree with Woodbuck.

ArmaTeddon is nigh.
    Fixed it for you.

I fear you are destined for disappointment.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    So we all agree that 2017 was a disappointing season.

The D, while hurt as usual, underperformed in stretches and had numerous communication issues.
    The O, while losing its MVP QB, struggled with Hundley at the helm.

The HC, who sure the fuck ain’t going to fire himself, needs to fix the problems he sees in the organization before the next season?

What do you do?

I would fire the DC and any other D coaches that are leading to the communication errors. This has to be fixed right away. As a coach you can bitch about talent but the reality is you get the players the GM gives you. If the players don’t have the experience to run the scheme you want you dumby the scheme down to where your team can play it. If all you have left is Donnetello Brown to play slot CB let him play and keep your S at safety running the back end and don’t make him play slot corner.

On the O side I am not sure what I would do but Edgar didn’t really seem to be pushing the O forward. The QB backup situation was a mess. I am not sure that is on coaching or talent but I was high on Hundley to start. I thought after 3 or 4 games he would be serviceable and after the Pitt game thought he was turning the corner. We went with more read option and run at the end when Hundley’s limitations were evident. Maybe Edgar did design the read option part or maybe he didn’t. Maybe Edgar’s insistent that the Packers run the same O is what made MM realize he was expendable.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What is it about him personally that you don't care for? I find it incredible someone would dislike a person they never really met...
    Dislike Mike McCarthy? I simply don't want him to be the Packers Head Coach anymore

In posting here I make observations and try to use accurate words to inform the membership of why I have certain views and Mike McCarthy as the Packer Head Coach.

I've been given an excellent education and life, enabling me to be qualified to have a well informed opinion on things Packers and NFL in general.

I've been mentored by people who would size another up very well; after some attention and care to simple observation. These people taught me what to observe in anyone, in terms of their ethical and morale values. Their Integrity as people who are decent or fair with others and in specific terms to their Trustworthiness. To determine who is truly dedicated Vs the part timers. To see the Team Players Vs the comers and goers. To see winners Vs losers. To see the intelligence, smartness and wisdom in people. To know the difference between a decent person and a troublemaker. To discern between a person to trust, as an evaluator of others Vs the prejudiced and Ego Hyped racist.

I've dealt with people as a very well Educated and Trained Leader, Supervisor, Foreman, Shop Steward, Teacher, Facilitator, Past Sports Team Captain, Multi Sports Champion and MVP. I have qualifications, high intelligence much experience and LIFE and a good deal of acquired wisdom.

I observe as much and Mike McCarthy and Green Bay Packers HC as I can.

I'm a dedicated Packer fan and a lot more:

A) I've been a Packer Fan for nearly 6 Decades

B) I've extended my Fan Interest to another level, than simply seeing how their doing in the Standings and watching the occasional Packer Matchup.

1) I've been a member of Green Bay Packer and NFL Team Forums for 2 Decades. I've demonstrated a certain dedication there with an approx. 40K Posts. ie I've > 28 K Posts here on Packerrats. I've contributions overall more so to this Forum (Packerrats) as a dedicated Member who has started a by far larger number of Threads than I'd 95% of all Members in the Lifetime of Packerrats.

2) I've expanded my Fan Interests from, 'just a Packer fan', to studying as much as I can and all 32 NFL Teams as an Amature NFL Analyst. Success in PRO PICKEMS over a Dozen Seasons is IMO imperative and having a real grasp on the NFL overall. I've personally reached an excellent level of achievement setting and achieving my goals. Proof of that (without my need to do so here) cannot be challenged.

3) Rarely do I go a day without the NFL Network TV Programing being on for a minimum of 4 Hours.

4) As A Packer fan I am 'all in' and the most realistic way to see the Packers win another Super Bowl within the window of Aaron Rodgers remaining Prime Years. As things are headed right now and Packers Coaching and Executive ie GM needs; that window might have slammed shut already.

Aaron Rodgers can leave Green Bay and write his own Contract with an NFL Team dedicated to just winning Super Bowls. That certainly wasn't the case in the last 3-4 Seasons and the TT and MM and Dom Capers Era.

I do lay the most blame for that on Ted Thompson's style of not being a 'All In GM' and not being successful and drafting on the Packer 'D'. Ted Thompson totally frustrated me as a Packer fan. I'm beyond overjoyed that he has been removed as the GM.

Mike McCarthy should have removed Dom Capers many Seasons ago. MM has demonstrated clear stubbornness and making Coaching Staff decisions that even a marginal Packer fn knew was necessary. Then after this SEason we see him making decisions and Coaching Staff dismissals that are plainly questionable and won't as a result bode well for future Coaching hires in Green Bay.

I do not enjoy watching how MM calls plays in games. I dislike his conservative approach to how to win in difficult Matchups.

Right now we are seeing a huge MESS already developed in Green Bay and I believe that's the case because MM didn't go out the door along with TT and Dom Capers. What's going on isn't intriguing.

From the standpoint of my LOVE for the Green Bay Packers, it's downright SCARY !

Green Bay Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy has as I see it now his head in a vice. He has to get this GM choice really right or the shit will very possibly hit the fan

The Packers have made a Cardinal Error:

They are putting the cart before the horse. Mark Murphy has to elect his next GM ASAP.

Mike McCarthy is going as he has to do with his ways or 'all hairy snarry', and dismissing members of his Coaching Staff before he hires a DC. MM is is acting certainly for the past three Seasons, like he's less and less the Head Coach the Packers need to work with Aaron Rodgers. The body language between Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy wasn't a good indication of harmony between them last Season. MM's real value as a Packer Head Coach is perfectly obvious without Aaron Rodgers behind Center.

Easily it's now come down to dismissing MM ASAP (if his complaints about leaving Green Bay if Mark Murphy goes with Russ Ball as Packer GM (is the TRUTH) and Russ Ball as Packer GM comes to fruition.

I'll add this:

President and CEO Mark Murphy certainly has a real need NOW, and an expertise for 'Damage Control' and the historical reputation of The Green Bay Packers.

woodbuck27

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I fear you are destined for disappointment.
    I'm a dedicated Packer fan.

Whatever happens I'll remain a dedicated Packer fan.

If I was Mark Murphy, my decision after a solid communication session with Aaron Rodgers, would be clearly to dismiss Mike McCarthy, if Aaron Rodgers agreed with my overall assessment of Mike McCarthy.

I'm not in the position or 'the Hot Seat' that Mark Murphy is certainly in today.

What will Mark Murphy do to preserve any 'real integrity' of the current Green Bay Packers?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

3) Rarely do I go a day without the NFL Network TV Programing being on for a minimum of 4 Hours.
    Jiminy Christmas
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck