Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Assistant Coach Shuffle 2018

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm a dedicated Packer fan.

Whatever happens I'll remain a dedicated Packer fan.

If I was Mark Murphy, my decision after a solid communication session with Aaron Rodgers, would be clearly to dismiss Mike McCarthy, if Aaron Rodgers agreed with my overall assessment of Mike McCarthy.

I'm not in the position or 'the Hot Seat' that Mark Murphy is certainly in today.

What will Mark Murphy do to preserve any 'real integrity' of the current Green Bay Packers?
    And what if ARod says he wants MM to stay? Then what do you do as Mark Murphy?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Jiminy Christmas
    I didn’t even get to that point of that post before I stopped reading it. Tldc.

I applaud you for your perseverance.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post

I applaud you for your perseverance.
    "TLDC" lol

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

The Packers have made a Cardinal Error:

They are putting the cart before the horse. Mark Murphy has to elect his next GM ASAP.
    So did the Vatican.

P.S. You don't elect GMs.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

read it. You might enjoy some madness for a while.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Mike McCarthy is going as he has to do with his ways or 'all hairy snarry'
    There are Swedish clinics where you can fix that now.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    read it. You might enjoy some madness for a while.
    Ok, Billy.

-Tim Harmston

I think Woodbuck would be much happier if he just ordered up those 30 minute Super Bowl winner summary videos produced each year by SI or whomever. Just plug those in and you can see the sun shining out of everyones' asses as they sail the ripple-free waters on their trouble-free journey to the championship. Just forget the 31 other teams that failed miserably because they 'don't care about winning Superbowls' and bathe in the luxurious warmth of GM perfection married to Coaching infallibility that the Packer organization can't manage because all they care about is making money off of 5% grade sledding hills and refrigerator magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Alex Marvez

@alexmarvez
    The @Packers have a new WRs coach. Source tells @SportingNews that Jim Hostler is leaving the @Colts for same position in GB
    I keep reading that as Jeff Hostetler and getting exited for the 'stache to return to the NFL.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jiminy Christmas
    That wouldn't leave any time for PackerRats.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Better than McAdoo. But I am not too enthusiastic about comebacks.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
    The #Packers are expected to interview their own former offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, source said, about rejoining the staff.

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
    The Packers are expected to hire Joe Philbin back to their offense staff, a source told ESPN. The former offensive coordinator will have a similar — if not the same — role. He spent the last two seasons as the Colts O-line coach after his head-coaching... https://t.co/JAzQVEHtgr

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Tom Silverstein Retweeted Tom Silverstein
    Just to clarify, McAdoo has not been contacted about an interview yet. May depend on what Philbin does.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-06-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Philbin coming back; best news I've heard if he comes back as the OC and not head coach
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Philbin coming back; best news I've heard if he comes back as the OC and not head coach
    That move to bring Joe Philbin back as Packer OC makes sense and maintaining 'the Packer Family' Thing.

Philbin looked out of his League and as a HC in Miami.

He absolutely looked terrible in that role and specifically denying accountability and knowledge of what was going on in his Dolphins Locker Room. I felt that BS was going to be the end of him in Miami.

Joe Philbin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Philbin
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Agreed. Didn't we go 15-1 when he was in GB before?

Its hard to bag on Philbin for that Giants game, but hoo boy was that a terrible game for the offense.

One thing we can say is that the O line in Indy was a tire fire. But that was largely personnel issues.

Blog Entries
    I'd go for Philbin as OC. he seemed like the last true OC we had. Clements and Edgar seemed like look-outs for a crap game on our sideline.

Joe gave that "calm hand on the tiller" approach.

Let Philbin crank up a gameplan AND send in the plays (although he didn't that last time).

The head coach needs to run the whole team.

Mike is in love with that freakin' trifold laminated play sheet.

Watch the game and coach the players and staff.

Bellichik is the template for this. And Parcells and Lombardi.

Have one finger in all phases.

Take an educated gamble in crunch time now and then.

Build your new staff and mix things up, Tollbooth Mikey.

And what if ARod says he wants MM to stay? Then what do you do as Mark Murphy?
    As I informed you, I'm a solid Texas Holdem' Poker Player. It doesn't take me long to size up my opponent (s) and seize an advantage.

If I was Packer President and CEO Mark Murphy and selecting the next Packer GM:

I'd select the man in my view as the very best candidate for the GM's Position.

As President and CEO of the Green Bay Packers it's not my job to specifically satisfy Aaron Rodgers and /or Packer HC Mike McCarthy. Frankly any such complaints and the TRUTH are out of line.

If Aaron Rodgers bucks my choice and MM quits as Packer HC, after I decide on my choice as Packer GM.

A.) That's Mike McCarthy's business and personal life decision NOT mine.

I'd say " Thanks Mike for your service to the Green Bay Packers and Good Luck to you and your Wife and your future."

B.) Given all that, and Aaron Rodgers didn't come around to my decision of choice and the New Packer GM and wanted to bolt Green Bay:

I'd 'simply recommend', using the Franchise Tag on Aaron Rodgers as that might become necessary.

The ultimate decision RE: Aaron Rodgers and any Future Contract, is the business of my Hire as Packer GM, not mine.

So there you go ThunderDan. Apply that lesson 'Sonny' to what it would be like facing me on a Poker Table and a One On One Showdown. Like 98% of Poker Players around the World YOU WOULD LOSE.

See I'm all this , and wanting to see Aaron Rodgers win another Super Bowl Ring. I believe I would convince him, that my hire as GM, is the best choice I decided on. Next up ... on with the Program to get that Ring.

It's all so very easy, all so good.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I'd go for Philbin as OC. he seemed like the last true OC we had. Clements and Edgar seemed like look-outs for a crap game on our sideline.

Joe gave that "calm hand on the tiller" approach.

Let Philbin crank up a gameplan AND send in the plays (although he didn't that last time).

The head coach needs to run the whole team.

Mike is in love with that freakin' trifold laminated play sheet.

Watch the game and coach the players and staff.

Bellichik is the template for this. And Parcells and Lombardi.

Have one finger in all phases.

Take an educated gamble in crunch time now and then.

Build your new staff and mix things up, Tollbooth Mikey.
    Yes:

Get rid of the fricken large Crib sheet.

Look like a NFL HC thst might be able to think on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Alex Marvez

@alexmarvez
    The @Packers have a new WRs coach. Source tells @SportingNews that Jim Hostler is leaving the @Colts for same position in GB
    Jim Hostler:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Hostler

glad philbin's back.