Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Fun of being an Informed Packer Fan Corner. At least you can LAUGH !

The Fun of being an Informed Packer Fan Corner. At least you can LAUGH !

https://coachch.weebly.com/blog/category/all

This Packer Fan has an interesting perspective on what's generally deemed the TRUTH. Remember when TRUTH was 'the Best Policy'? Where did those times go to?:

This Packer fan has the Facts and he's HONEST 'with a twist', as he keeps a lot of it humorous.

Isn't that refreshing (or having a few good laughs) after watching the Lame Joke Sure Mike', that was HC Mike McCarthy and his QB Development Skills and Backup QB Brett Hundley this past Season.

WARNING Cool Aid Drinkers!

It's damning and Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy; so maybe you might ignore this Post and shuffle right on down to the 'Cool Aid Stand'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The following is based on the LINK provided in the first Post of this thread. All credit goes to the Author of that Blog.

" The chart below shows that the Defense remains bad (to slightly trending worse) and the Offense is declining….and, no surprise, the extremely important Point Differential is really trending in the wrong direction."

NOTE: The typical Super Bowl winning team median point differential is 10 points for the season.

" The aggregate of Murphy/Thompson/McCarthy/Capers have had 4 of their 9 teams realistically in the hunt, and three of those four were ’09 – ’11. In the last four years only one team, the “Seattle-meltdown-team-of-2014”, was statistically a Super Bowl Team. "

Why has it gotten to this?

a) Packer GM Ted Thompson has not been efficient for many years after the last Super Bowl or adding guys to the roster who can play at a high caliber.

Ted hompsonT didn't draft well and especially so on 'D'. The proof?

Zero Pro Bowl Players.

The Green Bay Packers have very few solid to high quality players to show for so many DRAFTS of Ted Thompson and his Draft Team focusing on Defense. DC Dom Capers was supposed to co-ordinate what Ted Thompson gave or took away from him; but there's no evidence that anything is actually coordinated during Football Games.

b) Dom Capers Defense has been consistently BAD and amongst the worst in the league over the last decade.

'The Myth' and a solid Green Bay Packer Offense:

Mike McCarthy’s offense has been trending in the wrong direction for 6-7 years.

" Both the Ranking and the Pts/gm are trending in the wrong direction (Points down and ranking sliding toward yellow). It’s interesting how much better the Offense was that last time Rodgers was out in 2013 than it has been 2017. "
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-04-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Can anyone blame the losing Season (last) to Injuries and poor Defensive play and that hold up?

This Chart is taken from the LINK above.

it shows that, yet again, the Packers are about average for both the number of injuries and the impact of the players lost.

It demonstrates that well run teams like Philadelphia and New England actually have more injuries, but somehow tend to win anyway.

Is that a factor of LUCK or good management (good coaching) ?

I'll go with the latter and a Pro Sport.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

It demonstrates that well run teams like Philadelphia and New England actually have more injuries, but somehow tend to win anyway.

Is that a factor of LUCK or good management (good coaching) ?

I'll go with the latter and a Pro Sport.

Philly is 59-53 over the past seven seasons with two playoff appearances, and hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. Is that the model you want the Packer organization to follow?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Philly is 59-53 over the past seven seasons with two playoff appearances, and hasn't won a playoff game since 2008. Is that the model you want the Packer organization to follow?
    Wait until woodbuck discovers the Packers were 30th in adjusted man games lost in 2010 (30th as in 3rd MOST games lost) when they won the Super Bowl. He will immediately demand the Packers organization be styled just like that supremely well run franchise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Exactly, it was Seattle and before that NO. When those teams fall on bad times the complainers just pick the next up and coming team. Next year will be the LA Rams until they have a bad season.

The reality is there are ~25 teams in the NFL wishing they could have the consistency of NE, PITT or GB. And if it was that easy to duplicate every team in the league should be 8-8 because everybody would be doing the exact same thing.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

And the teams to emulate have high draft picks. Except NE.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Some of you act like those of us that want change wanted drastic all or nothing changes. TT was good at a few things but terrible at not using all available options to better the team. No not go out and sign 10 free agents every year. But one or two in needed positions, and not the cast offs he recently got either. It always seemed like Ted wanted to win his way or no way. That's fine if you have a lot of time. But they don't, and it isn't going to be pretty at the QB position once Rodgers is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Some of you act like those of us that want change wanted drastic all or nothing changes. TT was good at a few things but terrible at not using all available options to better the team. No not go out and sign 10 free agents every year. But one or two in needed positions, and not the cast offs he recently got either. It always seemed like Ted wanted to win his way or no way. That's fine if you have a lot of time. But they don't, and it isn't going to be pretty at the QB position once Rodgers is done.
    There are a slew of FAs signed and contributing to wins that argue against this. Plus a Super Bowl win.

This year those FAs delivered squat except for J Evans.

User every available avenue is fine, but the failure rate is as bad and its more expensive.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I can only speak for myself but I feel that the implication here is that Rodgers is a once in a lifetime opportunity and despite the 'success' the Packers have had since his arrival that 'success' has been largely due to his talents alone. The powers that be should have done all they could to maximize Rodgers presence and cash it in. I don't feel that was done to the extent it could have been and I don't feel I'm alone in that sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I feel that the implication here is that Rodgers is a once in a lifetime opportunity and despite the 'success' the Packers have had since his arrival that 'success' has been largely due to his talents alone. The powers that be should have done all they could to maximize Rodgers presence and cash it in. I don't feel that was done to the extent it could have been and I don't feel I'm alone in that sentiment.
    OK. I'd love to hear what you'd have done differently. It would be nice if you had a track record of directions you wish the team had taken so we could see how well that played out. There are naysayers here who asked for specific draft picks and in some cases, they were right that certain guys the Packers passed on played better for other teams. But I'm just gonna ignore the 20/20 hindsight crap.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Some of you act like those of us that want change wanted drastic all or nothing changes.
    you sure come across that way. When you start posts with the word "Fire" you're not leaving much room for reasonable debate.

OK. I'd love to hear what you'd have done differently. It would be nice if you had a track record of directions you wish the team had taken so we could see how well that played out. There are naysayers here who asked for specific draft picks and in some cases, they were right that certain guys the Packers passed on played better for other teams. But I'm just gonna ignore the 20/20 hindsight crap.
    Then why did you respond to my post?

Then why did you respond to my post?
    Good point. I guess I lost my discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wait until woodbuck discovers the Packers were 30th in adjusted man games lost in 2010 (30th as in 3rd MOST games lost) when they won the Super Bowl. He will immediately demand the Packers organization be styled just like that supremely well run franchise.
    Havn't many Packer fans considered that not much more than an ** anomaly ** given the way it's gone in any other Season of the Murphy, Thompson, McCarthy and Capers Era?

** that's a politically correct choice of words **

I will say off the top of my head that passing on TJ Watt was a mistake. Yes you always want good cb's but if you have a pass rush your cb's get better.

I will say off the top of my head that passing on TJ Watt was a mistake. Yes you always want good cb's but if you have a pass rush your cb's get better.
    Fwiw I wanted Watt at that pick as well. But I know fuck all about player evaluation and the rest of the decision making process behind the pick. Yes, Watt had a better rookie season than King, but whether the pick was a mistake can't be accurately judged for some time, maybe not until both their careers are over.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fwiw I wanted Watt at that pick as well. But I know fuck all about player evaluation and the rest of the decision making process behind the pick. Yes, Watt had a better rookie season than King, but whether the pick was a mistake can't be accurately judged for some time, maybe not until both their careers are over.
    I too was disappointed we didn't take Watt but we needed a corner and King looked good until that shoulder of his put him on IR. Maybe that'll be fixed and he'll be a fine corner for us for years. Now that we will be picking at #14 this is the year to get that EDGE player we so desperately need.

It's so clearly all right here.

I represent Packer Nation.

I represent the Packers and Aaron Rodgers and another Super Bowl the Right Way. That excludes Mike McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It's so clearly all right here.

I represent Packer Nation.

I represent the Packers and Aaron Rodgers and another Super Bowl the Right Way. That excludes Mike McCarthy
    The team is in disarray, Rodgers doesn't want Ball and nobody wants to come to GB to be our DC so we aren't winning any Super Bowls any time soon. Murphy will hire a bean counter as our next GM so McCarthy will bolt anyway.