Thread: The Fun of being an Informed Packer Fan Corner. At least you can LAUGH !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    OK. I'd love to hear what you'd have done differently. It would be nice if you had a track record of directions you wish the team had taken so we could see how well that played out. There are naysayers here who asked for specific draft picks and in some cases, they were right that certain guys the Packers passed on played better for other teams. But I'm just gonna ignore the 20/20 hindsight crap.
    I will say off the top of my head that passing on TJ Watt was a mistake. Yes you always want good cb's but if you have a pass rush your cb's get better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    I will say off the top of my head that passing on TJ Watt was a mistake. Yes you always want good cb's but if you have a pass rush your cb's get better.
    Fwiw I wanted Watt at that pick as well. But I know fuck all about player evaluation and the rest of the decision making process behind the pick. Yes, Watt had a better rookie season than King, but whether the pick was a mistake can't be accurately judged for some time, maybe not until both their careers are over.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fwiw I wanted Watt at that pick as well. But I know fuck all about player evaluation and the rest of the decision making process behind the pick. Yes, Watt had a better rookie season than King, but whether the pick was a mistake can't be accurately judged for some time, maybe not until both their careers are over.
    I too was disappointed we didn't take Watt but we needed a corner and King looked good until that shoulder of his put him on IR. Maybe that'll be fixed and he'll be a fine corner for us for years. Now that we will be picking at #14 this is the year to get that EDGE player we so desperately need.