Thread: Who's the scapegoat now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the talent you have is young, have you failed to secure talent or did you fail to put a plan in place for the talent, young though it might be, to succeed?

You cannot always have vet backups and veteran starters. Its expensive that way. Its also the reverse of the entire Packers MO.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

scapegoat? it's clear the team doesn't have enough talent. that's on TT. and it's clear that the defense took the brunt of the talent shortage...that's on TT. it's clear, that despite the defensive talent gap, that year after year they rolled over millions in unused cap money...that went unused the next year...and so on. that's on TT. now we're finding out, it seems, TT didn't give other's input much value. that it was his way only. that's on TT. as for Capers, he kept in place a complex defense despite the lack of talent to run it. that's on Capers. Edger? who knows about him yet. i never really saw his stamp on the o considering MM's involvement in it. seemed like a title in name only. he probably just passed on MM's plans (a middle man) in meetings. he's probably still around because MM know's he's a good coach that can add something and that he's willing to take a demotion to stay there. the QB coach supposedly told them he wanted to go last off season. scapegoat implies someone got fired who was blameless. i don't think that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If the talent you have is young, have you failed to secure talent or did you fail to put a plan in place for the talent, young though it might be, to succeed?

You cannot always have vet backups and veteran starters. Its expensive that way. Its also the reverse of the entire Packers MO.
    And largely the MO of every long term successful team.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.