Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
"Have some talent" is the key. You have to assume that any coach is gonna get his players to execute at near the top of their ability on the pro level. As for other teams catching on, that's where you need to adjust and compensate and keep on being one step ahead. That's where Capers was great IMO. It's possible he wasn't the greatest motivator - which is reason to get him a whip-cracking helper, not get rid of him. A lot of people in here liked Kevin Greene - I didn't much. I saw him as 90% motivator and 10% brains, where a coordinator needs to have the balance the other way. I just hope we get somebody a LOT more like Capers as DC and much less like Greene.

Of course, having a GM who will upgrade the talent level significantly while Aaron Rodgers is still at the top of his game is an even more important factor.

So who gets scapegoated next? Hopefully nobody, but if we don't win big and win consistently the guy making the decisions on the replacements gets the blame.

Somebody in this thread talked about if the Packers were really all that bad; Of course they weren't. But it's like the current staff started out on third base and couldn't score. Well, the new guys will be starting out on third base too (third base being having Aaron Rodgers at QB). Hopefully they can get home.
It is unrealistic to compare ourselves to the Patriots. What they are doing is unprecedented but even they went 10 years without a ring. The only other team in the league up until this year that has been in the playoffs as consistently is the one in a small city in WI.