Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mike McCarthy: Brett Hundley Wasn’t Prepared

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think it was somewhat telling that he looked best against the 3s and 4s in his rookie preseason. Since then, he looked much more pedestrian versus 1s and 2s since Rodgers did not play much.

Same thing with Janis.

I still think Janis would be much better if given more opportunities. Look at all the drops and fails the fraud got.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Same thing with Janis.
    Janis looked pretty good against Patrick Peterson.

It's not Janis fault McCarthy has a Neanderthal IQ. The Fat Man couldn't figure out a way to weaponize Janis, ala Sherman with Billy Schroeder. Plus, Rodgers refused to trust Janis b/c he feared Janis was gonna replace Nelson.

Put Janis in NE and he's a Pro Bowler.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I still think Janis would be much better if given more opportunities. Look at all the drops and fails the fraud got.
    I think there is some truth to this, but it may be with another team with a different QB. Both Patler and Maxie think there is some truth to this, that Janis' talents could be used even if it was only for certain specific plays.

But McCarthy and Rodgers like no huddle, options, (seeming) complexity and scheming. Janis is probably better in a system with fewer calls where his job is to just get open. I could see him working well with Bortles or maybe Roethlisberger as those guys will just stand tall and wait for someone to break open.

That said, Janis SHOULD be valuable in the Rodgers offense scramble drill. If he broke off a route and jetted across a formation, who would catch him? But he isn't reliable enough for the regular offense to get the reps.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

It's not Janis fault McCarthy has a Neanderthal IQ. The Fat Man couldn't figure out a way to weaponize Janis, ala Sherman with Billy Schroeder. Plus, Rodgers refused to trust Janis b/c he feared Janis was gonna replace Nelson.

Right. That explains the trade offers.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Right. That explains the trade offers.
    If Gutekunst stupidly allows Janis to walk, don't be surprised to see Janis sign with NE. Belichick has a thing for special team aces. Slater is getting old and I think he has an expiring contract. J-Mac would find a way to weaponize Janis at receiver.

If Gutekunst stupidly allows Janis to walk, don't be surprised to see Janis sign with NE. Belichick has a thing for special team aces. Slater is getting old and I think he has an expiring contract. J-Mac would find a way to weaponize Janis at receiver.
    So if he signs in NE, you are predicting starting Pro Bowl WR?

The thing is, the Packers hate to give guys opportunities after they're drafted. Fat Mike would rather give opportunities to undrafted rookie WRs than a guy they spent a 7th rounder on 3 years ago.

Rodgers hates having weapons to throw to also and basically has no say in who plays WR. If only they would give Uncle Rico.....I mean Janice a chance, he would be Randy Moss 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Tebow would like Janis.

janis also has the brain the size of a walnut and couldn't run a route to save his life

"Dude, I'll run super-fast down the field, then cut to the right where that fat assistant coach is standing on the sideline, and you throw it as far as you can."

- Janis's route tree.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Dude, I'll run super-fast down the field, then cut to the right where that fat assistant coach is standing on the sideline, and you throw it as far as you can."

- Janis's route tree.
    Give him some credit. There's also the route he runs so close to another receiver that one defender can cover 2 receivers.

Just for the record, Rodgers was 6-10 in his first year, not 8-8. But he was also clearly already the best QB in the NCFN. Hundley, on the other hand, was hands down the worst in his first year. I don't see much room for optimism here.

Of course McCarthy could get a guy like Matt Flynn to look like an NFL QB but Matt looked terrible everywhere else...

Janis is not a Pro Bowler...at WR. He did garner some All-Pro votes as a gunner. I doubt Rodgers is afraid Janis is gonna replace Nelson. Nelson's problem right now is he is getting long in the tooth and has slowed down. What Nelson has over Janis is he is a much better route runner. If Janis was a better WR he'd be in there. There is a reason he can't beat out Geronimo as the #3/4 guy on the depth chart.

So if he signs in NE, you are predicting starting Pro Bowl WR?
    Yep.

J-Mac has a reputation for molding short, slow receivers of European ancestry into Pro Bowlers. Sure, Tommy B is the GOAT, but imagine what J-Mac could do with a tall, fast player like Janis.

I think there is some truth to this, but it may be with another team with a different QB. Both Patler and Maxie think there is some truth to this, that Janis' talents could be used even if it was only for certain specific plays.

But McCarthy and Rodgers like no huddle, options, (seeming) complexity and scheming. Janis is probably better in a system with fewer calls where his job is to just get open. I could see him working well with Bortles or maybe Roethlisberger as those guys will just stand tall and wait for someone to break open.

That said, Janis SHOULD be valuable in the Rodgers offense scramble drill. If he broke off a route and jetted across a formation, who would catch him? But he isn't reliable enough for the regular offense to get the reps.
    This makes me think of Bishop. All I heard was how unreliable he was. He couldn't crack the lineup. When Stubby was forced to play him he produced. I can't say how good Janis can be, but his physical talent is remarkable. He needs to be given a fair chance to suck at least.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    The thing is, the Packers hate to give guys opportunities after they're drafted. Fat Mike would rather give opportunities to undrafted rookie WRs than a guy they spent a 7th rounder on 3 years ago.

Rodgers hates having weapons to throw to also and basically has no say in who plays WR. If only they would give Uncle Rico.....I mean Janice a chance, he would be Randy Moss 2.0
    But you can't deny that MM has earned the nickname stubby. He stuck with Hawk through that imbeciles inability to take on a blocker forever. MM is human. He gets opinions on guys and has trouble breaking from that opinion. Overall it has benefited him, but sometimes he is wrong.

PS...they also refuse to move Clay to the inside where he belongs. Every time they were forced to do so the defense was remarkably better.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    PS...they also refuse to move Clay to the inside where he belongs. Every time they were forced to do so the defense was remarkably better.
    Its stunning how many people refuse to acknowledge this.

But its as much to do with Perry as run defender as Matthews as effective ILB. A few people you hear talk about the Packers at least acknowledge Perry's strength versus the run now.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    janis also has the brain the size of a walnut and couldn't run a route to save his life
    Janis scored 30 on the Wonderlic. He's smart enough to master McCarthy's offense. Can he run routes like another Michigan native, Greg Jennings, used to do splendidly in the Green and Gold? Probably not. But if you're in shape, it ain't that hard to run the bomb route, the jerk route, the sluggo route, the sail route, the angle route and the such.

I'm not the shutdown corner athlete I was in my prime, but I can still run the aforementioned routes pretty well playing flag football.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 03-03-2018 at 10:08 AM.