Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On HC Mike McCarthy's Purge Of Packer Coaches. What makes any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Ok, but your graph is specifically titled an AR/MM led offense. That's NOT accurate.
    That Graph wasn't created by anyone here at Packerrats.com. That Graph comes from an outside of Packerrats source.

Of course, that Graph for Seasons 2013 and 2017 would look differently, if it was draw to specifically determine the MM and Aaron Rodgers led Packer 'O'.

The Packer 'O' performs much better with Aaron Rodgers behind Center.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That Graph wasn't created by anyone here at Packerrats.com. That Graph comes from an outside of Packerrats source.
    And yet somehow, someone posted it on Packerratd. A misleading/mislabeled graph. Then that person at Packerrats said that proved that the Packer O with AR is slipping,

I wonder who that was?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's not calculated then drawn specifically (just for games that Aaron Rodgers) played. Of course, that Graph for Seasons 2013 and 2017 would look differently, if it was draw to specifically determine the MM and Aaron Rodgers led Packer 'O'.
    Exactly. There is no free fall for MM/AR led offense as you asserted from the start. You just got this one wrong.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And yet somehow, someone posted it on Packerratd. A misleading/mislabeled graph. Then that person at Packerrats said that proved that the Packer O with AR is slipping,

I wonder who that was?
    If you absolutely need to whine about how the Author (s) of that Graph labeled it that's just who you are.

I'll stick with what the Author (s) of that Graph claimed as the main argument and a Packers declining Offense.since it's Hey Days back in the 2011 Season. Take Aaron Rodgers away from the Mike McCarthy HC Offense and it's significant what Aaron Rodgers NOT Mike McCarthy means to the success of the Green Bay Packers.:

Both the Packers 'Offensive' NFL Ranking and Pts/gm are trending in the wrong direction (Points down and ranking sliding toward yellow). It is also alarming, just how much better the Offense was the last time Rodgers was injured and lost significant games (2013) than it was in this past Season 2017.

I support that position:
    My position isn't 'hardly', an indictment of Aaron Rodgers.

My position is clearly aimed at Packers HC Mike McCarthy, as not being the outstanding Offensive Play Caller; nor 'the QB Whisperer' that some Packer fans insist he is.

Packers Offense NFL Ranking:

2017 Rank 21st ... See Ranking in Season 2013 or the last Season when Aaron Rodgers missed significant games The decline here is significant.

MM's backup QB that he had considerable confidence in is Brett Hundley.That game after game Mike McCarthy refused to blame for any and every Packer loss as Hundley went 3-6 and 1-5 at Lambeau Field. The games at Lambeau Field included the Packers Mike McCarthy Coached Offense being Shut Out TWICE!

2016 Rank 4th

2015 Rank 15th

2014 Rank 1st

2013 Rank 8th

2012 Rank 5th

2011 Rank 1st

2010 Rank 10th
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The decline was significant because of the play of the QB. NO offense is gonna be any good if your trigger man stinks. What good would it have done if McCarthy threw his young QB under the bus to the media? When Rodgers went down there weren't a lot of options. Until Brett actually started in a regular season game did we learn he didn't have it. Preseason and practice doesn't really tell ya much. I suppose you can blame Ted for not investing in a veteran backup QB but until AR was lost nobody complained when we spent our cap on other positions. Hindsight is always convenient.

Losing Rodgers for basically the season might turn out to be a blessing in disguise and has forced folks at 1265 to make the changes that were needed. I for one am very excited for 2018.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    It only took 53 posts and 4 days to go from:

This Graph indicates a Green Bay Packers MM/Aaron Rodgers Led Offense, now in a CLEAR Free Fall.

To:
    I'll stick with what the Author (s) of that Graph claimed as the main argument and a Packers declining Offense.since it's Hey Days back in the 2011 Season. Take Aaron Rodgers away from the Mike McCarthy HC Offense and it's significant what Aaron Rodgers NOT Mike McCarthy means to the success of the Green Bay Packers.:
    Two very different statements. I agree that the Packer O without ARod was horrible. The MM/AR O is not "in a CLEAR Free Fall."
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

To:

Two very different statements. I agree that the Packer O without ARod was horrible. The MM/AR O is not "in a CLEAR Free Fall."

Want a whip !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Want a whip !
    That's Woodys selfie from last night, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    That's Woodys selfie from last night, btw.
    Shhssh, !'m keeping that Secret from Mae.

She thinks it's just my next Halloween Costume.

To:

Wrestle with this one:

The above Graph was produced by the Packer Fans at: *** ... https://coachch.weebly.com/blog/category/all

" ... The aggregate of Murphy/Thompson/McCarthy/Capers have had 4 of their 9 teams realistically in the hunt, and three of those four were ’09 – ’11. In the last four years only one team, the “Seattle-meltdown-team-of-2014”, was statistically a Super Bowl Team. ..." *** <<< Quoted from Source.

Shhssh, !'m keeping that Secret from Mae.

She thinks it's just my next Halloween Costume.
    Lol. Why keep it a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    The decline was significant because of the play of the QB. NO offense is gonna be any good if your trigger man stinks. What good would it have done if McCarthy threw his young QB under the bus to the media? When Rodgers went down there weren't a lot of options. Until Brett actually started in a regular season game did we learn he didn't have it. Preseason and practice doesn't really tell ya much. I suppose you can blame Ted for not investing in a veteran backup QB but until AR was lost nobody complained when we spent our cap on other positions. Hindsight is always convenient.

Losing Rodgers for basically the season might turn out to be a blessing in disguise and has forced folks at 1265 to make the changes that were needed. I for one am very excited for 2018.
    But that's what he did last time Rodgers went down. They tried Tolzein (who had come from another team), then Seneca Wallace, and had even dipped their toes in the Vince Young experiment in the offseason. Then Matt Bloody Flynn comes in and wins a couple of games (finally). All of fandom was screaming for a talented college QB to be groomed instead of a late round flyer. So TT drafted a guy pundits were expecting in rounds 2-3.

So which is it? A veteran QB? A mid round QB? Or a high draft pick that won't help the team immediately?

Honestly, I could see taking a 2nd round flyer on a guy. But definitely not the first. Unless Gute establishes he's a guru at drafting 2nd round WRs or 4th round lineman, we wouldn't be giving up the next Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, or Davante Adams.

As an aside, I would keep TT on board just for his ability to pull the trigger on the right WR in round 2. That's an impressive list considering.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    But that's what he did last time Rodgers went down. They tried Tolzein (who had come from another team), then Seneca Wallace, and had even dipped their toes in the Vince Young experiment in the offseason. Then Matt Bloody Flynn comes in and wins a couple of games (finally). All of fandom was screaming for a talented college QB to be groomed instead of a late round flyer. So TT drafted a guy pundits were expecting in rounds 2-3.

So which is it? A veteran QB? A mid round QB? Or a high draft pick that won't help the team immediately?

Honestly, I could see taking a 2nd round flyer on a guy. But definitely not the first. Unless Gute establishes he's a guru at drafting 2nd round WRs or 4th round lineman, we wouldn't be giving up the next Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, or Davante Adams.

As an aside, I would keep TT on board just for his ability to pull the trigger on the right WR in round 2. That's an impressive list considering.
    A solid suggestion and a key focus for TT because the Packers have a certain need at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post

You get an experienced vet to back up Rodgers. When he gets closer to the end of the road, you go after a top college QB to groom. This "Let's draft a mid round guy & develop him into somebody we can trade later for a high round pick" approach should stop.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

IT depends on the QB and the circumstances. Flynn had several productive games in relief in 2013, notably the second half against Dallas and I think the Pittsburgh game IIRC. He also had a monster game against Detroit in 2011 which got him starting money from a genius GM somewhere else.

You have to be a simpleton to put everything on Stubby. Like most very successful coaches he has many strengths, but also some limitations, and he is also limited by the personnel he gets, which is affected by the teams' success. The comprehensive big picture matters.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If Hundley plays at a Flynn level, TT and MM are geniuses and a Hundley should be traded for a 2nd and a 3rd before the draft. Unfortunately, when the lights came on, college Hundley showed back up and now TT and MM are morons.

Is it possible that it’s somewhere in the middle? That maybe they’ve both been employed In the NFL for a couple decades because they are actually pretty good at their jobs? Maybe, just maybe, they overestimated Hundley. Then again, so did most in here. Not by watching practice every day. Or pouring over tape. Or coaching the kid. Nope we read press releases and thought they should have traded him on draft night for a couple picks because he’s going to be good.

If you think you know more than guys who have been in the NFL for a couple decades, should you not also be employed by the NFL? Is it the money that’s holding you back? Are you taking time away from the field to spend it with your family? Maybe you’re just too smart for these bozos?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If Hundley plays at a Flynn level, TT and MM are geniuses and a Hundley should be traded for a 2nd and a 3rd before the draft. Unfortunately, when the lights came on, college Hundley showed back up and now TT and MM are morons.

Is it possible that it’s somewhere in the middle? That maybe they’ve both been employed In the NFL for a couple decades because they are actually pretty good at their jobs? Maybe, just maybe, they overestimated Hundley. Then again, so did most in here. Not by watching practice every day. Or pouring over tape. Or coaching the kid. Nope we read press releases and thought they should have traded him on draft night for a couple picks because he’s going to be good.

If you think you know more than guys who have been in the NFL for a couple decades, should you not also be employed by the NFL? Is it the money that’s holding you back? Are you taking time away from the field to spend it with your family? Maybe you’re just too smart for these bozos?

NOBODY was bitching about our offense until AR went down and because Hundley was worse than anyone could foresee McCarthy is now a moron. Did anyone complain that Ted didn't sign a veteran FA QB and instead signed a TE, RG, OLB, DT and CB?

NOBODY was bitching about our offense until AR went down and because Hundley was worse than anyone could foresee McCarthy is now a moron. Did anyone complain that Ted didn't sign a veteran FA QB and instead signed a TE, RG, OLB, DT and CB?
    No, but we're much better at hindsight than foresight.

Uh, some of us were. I, for one, have repeatedly complained about how our O Line always made it necessary for Rodgers to scramble and throw on the run. I also mentioned a few times that our WRs were basically overrated because they had the best QB in the history of the world throwing to them.

And about the FAs Ted went out and got, yeah, quantity-wise, he picked up a few more than usual, but literally all of those were rejects that virtually nobody else wanted including the teams they came from - same ol' same ol'.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

No. They are morons. Winning = genius. Losing = morons. Why mess that up with nuance and subtlety?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack