Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
OK I'll therefore remove my post content. I tried to demonstrate clearly why I have taken my stance VS Mike McCarthy. I took considerable time and attention to that to do so.

I appreciate the criticism.

I don't think it's valid. While I liked Edgar Bennett as a player MM offered him different jobs as both RB and WR coach and then promoted him to a job that to be honest I was never convinced he was qualified for. He did a lot for Bennett. And if he removed him as OC he has that right. And going back to Philbin was a no brainer. It's a head coached job to evaluate his staff. And I don't think he's a horrible person to concluded they are not doing a good enough job. I have a hard time using that logic against any head coach.

And I don't think there is anything with him sitting in on the GM search and offering his views, whether they are right or wrong. Mark Murphy could have told him to fly a kite and told him to mind his own business but he did not.

Record wise.....it's very obvious Hoody Genius is the best in the NFL.

Cases can definitely be made for Pete Carrol and Mike Tomlin being better coaches

And while I don't love MM by any means, it's tough to build a statistical case based on wins and losses.......or...even in looking at him as an OC versus when he let Tom Clement call play (trainwreck).....that he's a bad coach.

I have no issues with anybody hammering on MM for being too loyal to his assistants and keeping them around too long (Bob Saunders/Capers come to mind). That's a very common criticism...........but if you go that route (which I tend to agree with) then I certainly am not going to call him a hearless jerk for letting assistants go too fast.

And for the record....I can certainly agree with anybody who wants to light up MM for being too loyal/overestimating/not preparing Huntley to replace Rodgers. MM is not w/o fault; he has plenty

But I don't think he's a terrible human being, and I don't think the numbers lead to him being a horrible head coach