Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Bretsky, if you're going to go toe-to-toe with Woody, you've got to learn the style. I tried to help you out above.

For the record, I'm in the unusual and slightly awkward position of agreeing in part with Woodbuck and Anti-Polar. It's the bit you wrote about MM not having Hundley ready. The guy sat and watched and trained for the very moment into which he was thrust, and he simply pooped the bed. Like, diarrhea-splattered the bed.

MM's calling card is his work with QB's. That is his foundation for the claim he's a fine head coach - as others pointed out above, he gets a lot of credit for helping Rodgers develop into the All-World QB that he is.

So for me, the fact that MM didn't have Hundley ready, and couldn't figure out a good game plan to use for Hundley ("we're going to run a lot . . . no, wait, we're going to put the game on Hundley's arm") is a serious, serious indictment.

He had TWO YEARS. QB school or no, he said over and over that Hundley was his guy, and obviously Hundley was his guy for the very situation into which he was put. This was no Seneca Wallace story; MM put his money on and his time into Hundley. And Hundley was bad, in an epic way.

To me, MM is becoming increasingly arrogant yet does not have the results with Hundley to back it up. And he's becoming more public about his arrogance, which is the real sin here.
Times a thousand.

MM mismanaged this whole Hundley deal to the max. The biggest beef I had was his gameplan for Hundley. His plays were cut to the bone. If you are gonna play a guy, play him. MM has to take the blame for this whole debacle. He gave Hundley the backup spot, it was a key job. Big Mac must've seen the flaws in Brett 2's game. He screwed this up on his watch.

All that said, Are all you guys going to insist that they can McCarthy, like, NOW?

Have the Goot hire a new coach for his first gig?

We know you don't like 'ol MM, but nobody wants to hear you guys bleat about McCarthy for a year or whatever.