Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On HC Mike McCarthy's Purge Of Packer Coaches. What makes any sense?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, if you're going to go toe-to-toe with Woody, you've got to learn the style. I tried to help you out above.

For the record, I'm in the unusual and slightly awkward position of agreeing in part with Woodbuck and Anti-Polar. It's the bit you wrote about MM not having Hundley ready. The guy sat and watched and trained for the very moment into which he was thrust, and he simply pooped the bed. Like, diarrhea-splattered the bed.

MM's calling card is his work with QB's. That is his foundation for the claim he's a fine head coach - as others pointed out above, he gets a lot of credit for helping Rodgers develop into the All-World QB that he is.

So for me, the fact that MM didn't have Hundley ready, and couldn't figure out a good game plan to use for Hundley ("we're going to run a lot . . . no, wait, we're going to put the game on Hundley's arm") is a serious, serious indictment.

He had TWO YEARS. QB school or no, he said over and over that Hundley was his guy, and obviously Hundley was his guy for the very situation into which he was put. This was no Seneca Wallace story; MM put his money on and his time into Hundley. And Hundley was bad, in an epic way.

To me, MM is becoming increasingly arrogant yet does not have the results with Hundley to back it up. And he's becoming more public about his arrogance, which is the real sin here.
    Times a thousand.

MM mismanaged this whole Hundley deal to the max. The biggest beef I had was his gameplan for Hundley. His plays were cut to the bone. If you are gonna play a guy, play him. MM has to take the blame for this whole debacle. He gave Hundley the backup spot, it was a key job. Big Mac must've seen the flaws in Brett 2's game. He screwed this up on his watch.

All that said, Are all you guys going to insist that they can McCarthy, like, NOW?

Have the Goot hire a new coach for his first gig?

We know you don't like 'ol MM, but nobody wants to hear you guys bleat about McCarthy for a year or whatever.

Bretsky, if you're going to go toe-to-toe with Woody, you've got to learn the style. I tried to help you out above.

For the record, I'm in the unusual and slightly awkward position of agreeing in part with Woodbuck and Anti-Polar. It's the bit you wrote about MM not having Hundley ready. The guy sat and watched and trained for the very moment into which he was thrust, and he simply pooped the bed. Like, diarrhea-splattered the bed.

MM's calling card is his work with QB's. That is his foundation for the claim he's a fine head coach - as others pointed out above, he gets a lot of credit for helping Rodgers develop into the All-World QB that he is.

So for me, the fact that MM didn't have Hundley ready, and couldn't figure out a good game plan to use for Hundley ("we're going to run a lot . . . no, wait, we're going to put the game on Hundley's arm") is a serious, serious indictment.

He had TWO YEARS. QB school or no, he said over and over that Hundley was his guy, and obviously Hundley was his guy for the very situation into which he was put. This was no Seneca Wallace story; MM put his money on and his time into Hundley. And Hundley was bad, in an epic way.

To me, MM is becoming increasingly arrogant yet does not have the results with Hundley to back it up. And he's becoming more public about his arrogance, which is the real sin here.
    This is 'a Forum' and FREE Speech is the essence of a person's right to express him/herself.

Since the Regular Season ended; Mike McCarthy has certainly been in dire PANIC Mode. The evidence of that is now overwhelmingly pointing to that TRUTH.

He had TT write his ticket to the end of the 2019 Season or got that 1 year extension that gave him 'a necessary Safety Net. After that why not simply relax until the announcement was finally made, that TT was going to be reassigned; then wait until a replacement for Packer GM was finalized?

All this Rumour and MM waffling and flopping around like a beached whale. He'll quit as Packer Head Coach if that Guy is the GM. He needs this and that for ' HIS Correct FIT'. Is over the TOP too much noise from a Head Coach. When the TOP Packer Priority now was who was going to be the next Packer GM or his BOSS.

** MM needed to demonstrate some confidence in 'the Packer Way and Process' that would get the correct MAN in place as Packer GM. He's always telling us about 'the Packer Way' and 'the Packer Process' in place to ensure that it gets to RIGHT. Why was he hitting the PANIC BUTTON? Does a competent clear headed Leader act that way?

** MM needed to simply get himself into a position to interview the best qualified candidate for his next Defensive Coordinator. He might have realized that to make the best decision, it would be expedient that the NEW Packer GM was named.

** MM needed to see where he needed to upgrade hos Coaching Staff and NOT necessarily downgrade it. If you examine his decisions there to date it's obvious he made questionable decisions and Coaching Dismissals. I strongly believe that MM hurt himself a lot since this Season ended and TRUST.

Mike McCarthy simply demonstrated exactly what he is and isn't; and what it takes to be a Head Coach of a legitimate Super Bowl contender in the Prime Years and Aaron Rodgers.

Mike McCarthy acted to save his own skin, and in so doing, turned out looking like his own worst enemy.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Times a thousand.

MM mismanaged this whole Hundley deal to the max. The biggest beef I had was his gameplan for Hundley. His plays were cut to the bone. If you are gonna play a guy, play him. MM has to take the blame for this whole debacle. He gave Hundley the backup spot, it was a key job. Big Mac must've seen the flaws in Brett 2's game. He screwed this up on his watch.

All that said, Are all you guys going to insist that they can McCarthy, like, NOW?

Have the Goot hire a new coach for his first gig?

We know you don't like 'ol MM, but nobody wants to hear you guys bleat about McCarthy for a year or whatever.

Come on, KY, you're an old hand around here. You know the routine. I'm going to beat up on Mikey-Mike all offseason, but if the Packers start winning, I'll quiet my criticism, amping it up only when they lose. IF the Packers win it all, I'll trumpet about what a great coach MM is, and how I knew it all along.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Come on, KY, you're an old hand around here. You know the routine. I'm going to beat up on Mikey-Mike all offseason, but if the Packers start winning, I'll quiet my criticism, amping it up only when they lose. IF the Packers win it all, I'll trumpet about what a great coach MM is, and how I knew it all along.
    Not Me. I'll go on record as saying I'm lukewarm about stubby whether he wins or loses. I don't think he's the worst coach, but he's far from the best.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This isn't a woodbuck27 mistake or 'a mistake' by any other Packerrat or (Green Bay Packer knowledgeable fan) that see's all things Packers and 'the forest for the trees'.

This is the TRUTH:

This Graph indicates a Green Bay Packers MM/Aaron Rodgers Led Offense, now in a CLEAR Free Fall.

Well then I say this data clearly shows that Rodgers is in decline and can no longer cut it at the NFL level despite what the coaches are doing to help him.

Or ,since Rodgers calls most of the plays at the line, his ability to call plays that put them in scoring position is severely lacking.

Or, lets grab some sack numbers and say his inability to escape pressure is what is causing the down tick in production.

See, I can use the available data to support a completely different opinion. Data does not equal fact. Data is just data.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I'm simply and over the TOP disgusted with Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy.

At the same time, 'the fact' he keeps escaping dismissal, in spite his incompetence and scapegoating negative personality is somewhat intriguing.

Murphy/Thompson/McCarthy/Capers have had 4 of their 9 teams statistically in the hunt.

** 3 of those 4 were in the 09 – ’11 Seasons.

** In the last 4 Seasons just one team, ** the “Seattle-meltdown-team-of-2014”, was statistically a Super Bowl Team. That alone might have gotten MM ready for being FIRED !

** Mike McCarthy's head wasn't in the game that day. Are we really expecting that to change and 'the REALLY BIG GAME " or are we going with some LAW Of Averages?!?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Well then I say this data clearly shows that Rodgers is in decline and can no longer cut it at the NFL level despite what the coaches are doing to help him.

Or ,since Rodgers calls most of the plays at the line, his ability to call plays that put them in scoring position is severely lacking.

Or, lets grab some sack numbers and say his inability to escape pressure is what is causing the down tick in production.

See, I can use the available data to support a completely different opinion. Data does not equal fact. Data is just data.
    OK Zool !

What do you prefer the 2011 Season Packer Offense or the 2015-16 Season Offenses?

Twist those FACTS around Zool.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Murphy should've traded McCarthy to the Browns.
    Cleveland didn't have a roll of tape to spare.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Not Me. I'll go on record as saying I'm lukewarm about stubby whether he wins or loses. I don't think he's the worst coach, but he's far from the best.
    exactly. If the Packers win now, you all will dig in and say it's in spite of Stubby.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    My bad, Fritz. I meant to yell at Woody.

Actually, I wanted to revive the old Bob Harlan model.

Fire both of 'em and have that GM build the whole organization over again. it worked with Wolf.

The new GM keeping the old coach failed with TT keeping Sherm around for that year.

Renew, start afresh with new blood is my motto.

Now that they've screwed that up, wait and see what MM does to save that job.

The new GM keeping the old coach failed with TT keeping Sherm around for that year.
    I saw that differently. That was tough on 'ol Sherm, but it didn't fail - except by design. Thompson came in and changed the whole structure, and Sherm was the fall guy. You bring in a new coach in that year while you're scuttling the roster to bring back cap responsibility and re-stock the shelves and that coach takes it on the chin for no reason. Also, Shermy was a winning coach and GM, and it's easier to fire him as coach after a rotten year, than after making the playoffs 4 straight years as GM and Coach. Plus, wasn't it Harlan who came up with that plan after Hatley croaked? Maybe the same thing is happening with Stubby. If he's really a good coach, he'll find a way to win this next year, possibly as the organization goes in a new direction. If he fails, then you can bring in the new guy. The only problem with that scenario, if true, is recruiting assistant coaches who believe they may be gone in a year too. What say you? Think assistants will bail, or trust in Stubby/BG/Murphy/Ball?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    This is his prove it year in red letters. I am not in the Woody camp of wanting him gone yesterday. If the Packers have some better luck with player injuries next year, they sign some key players, they have some younger guys make a jump, Rodgers stays healthy, and the D improves enough to hold up their end of the bargain, then I think you'll see years more like 2014 and 2011, rather than up and down years like 2015 and 2016, save for the run the table to save the season.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Sherman the GM got Sherman the coach fired.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries

I have no goal to go vs. Woody.....I like Woody......we just agree to disagree on many things with MM

I do agree he did a terrible job after AROD went down and the lack of quality play from Huntley is all on MM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I saw that differently. That was tough on 'ol Sherm, but it didn't fail - except by design. Thompson came in and changed the whole structure, and Sherm was the fall guy. You bring in a new coach in that year while you're scuttling the roster to bring back cap responsibility and re-stock the shelves and that coach takes it on the chin for no reason. Also, Shermy was a winning coach and GM, and it's easier to fire him as coach after a rotten year, than after making the playoffs 4 straight years as GM and Coach. Plus, wasn't it Harlan who came up with that plan after Hatley croaked? Maybe the same thing is happening with Stubby. If he's really a good coach, he'll find a way to win this next year, possibly as the organization goes in a new direction. If he fails, then you can bring in the new guy. The only problem with that scenario, if true, is recruiting assistant coaches who believe they may be gone in a year too. What say you? Think assistants will bail, or trust in Stubby/BG/Murphy/Ball?
    Bob Harlan royally screwed the pooch by giving the coach/GM gig to the Sherm. No coach can function as half a GM (Cepting B Beli) they will always opt for short term solutions over long term strategies. I hope that in all this fury of the new GM, MM didn't get his finger in the personnel pie. That can be ruinous to a team.

Maybe MM is Goot's "buffer". Goot has a year or two with Stubby, then can make his move.

The asst's?, they will ignore the swirl in GB to get an NFL job. Maybe a Pettine type can get a shot at the big chair that way.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK Zool !

What do you prefer the 2011 Season Packer Offense or the 2015-16 Season Offenses?

Twist those FACTS around Zool.
    Both, unless I can find stats that support my current feeling, then I’ll pick neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The asst's?, they will ignore the swirl in GB to get an NFL job. Maybe a Pettine type can get a shot at the big chair that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mraynrand
    The only problem with that scenario, if true, is recruiting assistant coaches who believe they may be gone in a year too.
    OMG, maybe the only assistant Stubby can get is a guy who is used to be canned after just one year....

OMG, maybe the only assistant Stubby can get is a guy who is used to be canned after just one year....
    Just keep swapping resources with the Browns then. They are used to different job titles week to week.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Just keep swapping resources with the Browns then. They are used to different job titles week to week.
    lol

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Cleveland didn't have a roll of tape to spare.
    The fucking Browns have plenty of draft capitals. Before Lewis signed his extension, they should've traded Hue Jackson to the Bengals. And then trade for McCarthy.

Packers, after trading McCarthy, would then hire J-Mac to run the whole shebang.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    The fucking Browns have plenty of draft capitals. Before Lewis signed his extension, they should've traded Hue Jackson to the Bengals. And then trade for McCarthy.

Packers, after trading McCarthy, would then hire J-Mac to run the whole shebang.

The Packers then should have traded for Hoody Genius....or hired Hoody Genius Jr
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?