Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Thoughts On HC Mike McCarthy's Purge Of Packer Coaches. What makes any sense?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Did you see him run the wrong route versus Minnesota and nearly collide with the WR screen that was supposed to be run?
    I read Janis ran that one correctly and it was the guy who ran into him who messed up.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I read Janis ran that one correctly and it was the guy who ran into him who messed up.
    I read the reverse, but I might have read it here.

Do you remember where?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I feel the need for speed
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Its an aggregate of each player's single top recorded speed in a game this year by team, averaged. It says nothing about average speed. There doesn't appear to be a minimum amount of plays for the player to be counted. It's not great data, but it could be a bit telling I suppose.

I've often said Packer WRs can't get open. Top end speed doesn't help much with that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I would have zero problem totally rebooting the WR and pass rushing groups this off-season. The Packers haven't been able to get open or get deep since early 2015. Remember 2011 where we seemingly hit a 50 yard bomb weekly. I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would have zero problem totally rebooting the WR and pass rushing groups this off-season. The Packers haven't been able to get open or get deep since early 2015. Remember 2011 where we seemingly hit a 50 yard bomb weekly. I miss that.
    Yep. Difference makers on offense aged out and/or replaced by 'meh' as well. Who is left? Rodgers and Bacteria. Maybe a running back.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Well, it is one thing to be fast. It is completely different to be fast, catch the ball and actually run the play that was called.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

We do need "speed demons" - more accurately, we need to make more use of the ones we already have, Janis at the top of the list, but Davis and Yancy also. The lack of speed at WR allows defenses to pack it in and make it a lot more difficult even for shorter throws.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

How is the secondary communication any better with (Half) Whitt in charge?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    How is the secondary communication any better with (Half) Whitt in charge?
    You seem to think he's pretty stupid. Is there reporting that suggests he was the problem with the communications issues? Or that he's stupid?

I like that Simmons guy getting promoted. He's pretty bright.

I like the promotion of Whitt to defensive passing game coordinator. They need someone to oversee the whole operation and determine where the breakdowns are. Whitt is kind of a no-nonsense guy who won't be afraid to bruise some egos if necessary. I doubt Perry will want to work under him.