Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Thoughts On HC Mike McCarthy's Purge Of Packer Coaches. What makes any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    James Jones was a press coverage escape artist.
    Its the paradox of no speed. If a tiny DB bumps you and you are already slow, does it actually have a measurable effect?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its the paradox of no speed. If a tiny DB bumps you and you are already slow, does it actually have a measurable effect?
    Most definitely: the tiny DB goes backwards. As you alluded to in your earlier comment, a good deep threat doesn't necessarily need blazing speed. Knowing how to use positioning and hands, and being able to do something after catching the ball, are just as important. What made Jones especially tough is that he was hard to bring down and had some quickness, so those 30 yard back shoulder throws had a way of turning into 65-yd TDs.

How is the secondary communication any better with (Half) Whitt in charge?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    How is the secondary communication any better with (Half) Whitt in charge?
    You seem to think he's pretty stupid. Is there reporting that suggests he was the problem with the communications issues? Or that he's stupid?

I like that Simmons guy getting promoted. He's pretty bright.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I like the promotion of Whitt to defensive passing game coordinator. They need someone to oversee the whole operation and determine where the breakdowns are. Whitt is kind of a no-nonsense guy who won't be afraid to bruise some egos if necessary. I doubt Perry will want to work under him.