Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
I am not convinced that this is all desperation mode. Before Rodgers went down the Packers looked to be as good as any team in the NFC. Under Hundley the offense suddenly became inept and the defense proved unable to bottle and reproduce its early brilliant performance against Seattle. But if you could replay the season and avoid the key injuries, I would wager that the 2017 Packers would be as good if not better than the 2016 version.

Moving forward, the departure of Capers is related to the defense's underperformance over the past two years, but it is far less clear what prompted the reassignment of TT. Was it because his efforts to restock talent have failed? Or was it because health and/or age were preventing him from carrying out all of his duties? I am not convinced that we are seeing a revolution here. And McCarthy's continued presence is evidence that the surrounding pieces may be moving for various reasons.
I don't think the moves on offense are desperation. But I cannot shake the feeling that Capers would be here if they made the playoffs again. And the same dynamic would be in place unless the new GM wants to stock defense with vets.

And since that is backwards from how good franchises work, I think the wholesale changes on D are a bit of desperation.