Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MCCARTHY WANTS MORE TALENT FROM THE NEXT PACKERS GM......JS

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It doesn't look like desperation - more of an admission that the current situation wasn't working. Whomever does in as GM and DC will have to work out the same issues, but it's likely that guys will be hired with that working a requirement.
    The track record here is not encouraging though. It should have been solved a few years ago by the same two guys still working (Murphy and McCarthy).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rodgers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    He makes Nelson look like Jerry Rice, because without Rodgers Nelson is a ghost.
    besides Rodgers all we've seen throw to Nelson are sub-par backups. he also runs routes longer than 5 five yards which these back-ups can't go to because the game's too fast for them.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The track record here is not encouraging though. It should have been solved a few years ago by the same two guys still working (Murphy and McCarthy).
    I know, it's worrisome. But hopefully Murphy, the next GM and Stubby will be skipping hand in hand in hand with the new DC.

(Stubby is the one without a brain)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It would have been nice for M3 to have this sense of urgency prior to 2018.

Frankly this kinda reeks of panic now that the revolution is going outside. I am not impressed with his throwing other people under the bus in this manner.

I kinda wished they had started over. If they were going to dump Ted, dump the coach too and put the new GM in charge of fixing on the fly.

I have been through this before. Half measures don't normally work. Half measure get you Bud Carson, Mike Sherman as GM and Buddy Nix. I don't think it was broken (except to decide between Dom and Ted's approach) but sacking the two of them means the third should have gone too.
    Your so correct.

That Mike McCarthy is demonstrating so much moxy is way beyond anything and rational common sense and reality.

How Mike McCarthy is pulling this off, is like nothing else I've ever seen in my 60 Years as a Pro Sports Fan.

I keep hoping that someone, with the good sense to know differently; will suddenly do what is necessary to get rid of this incorrigible back stabbing scapegoating imposter.

That sensable minds will pull the carpet out from under Mike McCarthy's feet and dump him on his fat ass.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-05-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Your so so so correct. That Mike McCarthy is demonstrating so much moxy is way beyond anything and rational common sense and reality.

How Mike McCarthy is pulling this off is like nothing else I've ever seen in my 60 Years as a Pro Sports Fan.

I keep hoping that someone with the good sense to know differently; will suddenly do what is necessary to get rid of this incorrigible back stabbing imposter.

That sensable minds will pull the carpet out from under Mike McCarthy's feet and dump him on his fat ass.
    Pulling off what, pray tell?

This thread title is shocking. Since when did head coaches want more talent??

In my NFL days, we knuckled down and made do with what we had, like Colonel Nicholson in "The Bridge Over the River Kwai".

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

In my NFL days, we knuckled down and made do with what we had, like Colonel Nicholson in "The Bridge Over the River Kwai".
    I watched that movie over Christmas. Perfect antidote to schmaltz.

MADNESS!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I watched Mike's presser and I didn't get the impression he was throwing Ted under the bus. What did he say that gives you and other here that impression that I'm missing here?
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...gm/1004040001/

Silverstein: Mike McCarthy wants more talent from next Packers GM

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 5:19 p.m. CT Jan. 4, 2018
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...on/1009029001/

Silverstein: GM hire puts Mike McCarthy in must-win situation

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 5:23 p.m. CT Jan. 7, 2018 | Updated 5:28 p.m. CT Jan. 7, 2018

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

HOW DARE THEY ask for a sense of urgency to win a championship. Complete Crap !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...gm/1004040001/

Silverstein: Mike McCarthy wants more talent from next Packers GM

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 5:19 p.m. CT Jan. 4, 2018

HE SHOULD
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I sure as hell hope he does. WTH. TT made a pick for the ages when Arod dropped into his lap...that just doesn't happen very often. But he ha made some real blunders along the path to 2018. Gunk better load this train up and make a run for it before Rodgers is gonzo.
    C.H.U.D.

This thread - the title and article anyway - is a breath of fresh air. The one who ain't in Rand's Wizard of Oz pic is the "wicked witch". Ding Dong Ted is gone!

Everybody here, some of us a lot more than others, really really want more talent from the next GM and think that indeed everything possible was NOT being done to Make the Packers Great Again during the Ted Thompson era.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I sure as hell hope he does. WTH. TT made a pick for the ages when Arod dropped into his lap...that just doesn't happen very often. But he ha made some real blunders along the path to 2018. Gunk better load this train up and make a run for it before Rodgers is gonzo.
    I'm lazy, but I would bet that TTs picks in rounds 1-5 average more years in the league than nearly anyones.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm lazy, but I would bet that TTs picks in rounds 1-5 average more years in the league than nearly anyones.
    bobble, did you hear the news? The coach says its the talent not the coaching.

While he has fired or reassigned 4 assistant coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    TTs heaven reliance on draft and develop also adds to this. We had to keep guys on the roster who shouldnt have been there because we had no other options.

8-10 picks for year, you have to keep 52+ps, means the average lifespan of a TT pick was 5-6 years

If Tt had used free agency more, a lot of those guys would have been out of the nfl sooner imo

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    TTs heaven reliance on draft and develop also adds to this. We had to keep guys on the roster who shouldnt have been there because we had no other options.

8-10 picks for year, you have to keep 52+ps, means the average lifespan of a TT pick was 5-6 years

If Tt had used free agency more, a lot of those guys would have been out of the nfl sooner imo
    The hit rate on free agents is no more than the draft. We are talking about a couple of bodies each year. And the older the team, the less FA you can sign.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I watched that movie over Christmas. Perfect antidote to schmaltz.

MADNESS!
    I watched "Death Before Dishonor" (this is peak 80's)

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The hit rate on free agents is no more than the draft. We are talking about a couple of bodies each year. And the older the team, the less FA you can sign.
    If you take my little example of a 5 to 6 year period. Say you sign a couple more free agent backups every year. That means 10-12 less draft picks on your team

If these free agents are better then those draft picks

And if that’s is the case, then you would have less TT draft picks on the team. IMO all tts draft picks are not staying in the league (on our team) based on talent, but more because of how our team is built
    Last edited by red; 01-08-2018 at 12:01 PM.

this just in: drunk wants more booze from bartender.

also: death before dishonor LOL Joanna Pacula was way out of Fred Dryer's league.