Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MIKE MCCARTHY ISN’T FOND OF RUSS BALL

MIKE MCCARTHY ISN’T FOND OF RUSS BALL

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...ond-russ-ball/

MIKE MCCARTHY ISN’T FOND OF RUSS BALL
    .... 01/05/2018

" ... Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy has known director of player finance Russ Ball since 1993. In years past, McCarthy has praised Ball and talked about what a great general manager he would make.

Things have apparently soured in that relationship. Former Packers beat writer Bob McGinn wrote a lengthy piece on Friday detailing the relationship. In it, he suggests that if Ball is hired as the Packers’ general manager, McCarthy may consider leaving the Packers. ... "

Comment woodbuck27:

How many Rings are in this Circus?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

don't let the door hit you in the ass

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    don't let the door hit you in the ass
    red I'm praying to the Packer Gods that the roof falls in on Mike McCarthy.

For the life of me; I cannot get over the fact that so many here are missing the clear fact Mike McCarthy is not a good Guy.

MM either Scapegoated on, or made incredibly poor or clearly unfair decisions in regards to his Coaching Staff from 2017.

It's so clearly assessed and reported:

2017 Season OC Edgar Bennett (Why MM? Where was your loyalty working with him since 2006?)

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...tal+Packers%29

McCarthy: Brett Hundley Wasn’t Prepared

Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy says Hundley wasn’t prepared.

“I felt that he should’ve been better prepared for the situation that he was put into,” McCarthy said.

So whose fault is that?

Obviously McCarthy — to some degree — scapegoated quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt and offensive coordinator Edgar Bennett when he fired them this week.

QB's Coach Alex Van Pelt (Classic Scapegoating MM !) (MM has waffled out of that one in MM's way of waffeling.)

DL Coach Mike Trgovac (That FIRING made zero sense MM as the Packer DL was a bright spot on a lousy Packer 'D' !) " The Packers ranked eighth in rushing yards allowed per carry (3.9), compared to 12th in 2016 and 26th in 2015. In what way was Trgovac failing at his job? "

One of the youngest on The staff Assistant Linebackers Coach Scott McCurley at age 37 Let go. His entire 12-year coaching career has been spent with the Packers. " It’s a little curious that the assistant, McCurley, would go while Moss remains. ILB was perhaps the brightest position on the team in 2017. Second-year man Blake Martinez went from a part-time player to being tied for the league lead in tackles something no Packers player has accomplished in decades.

Jake Ryan had his second consecutive year of 80-plus tackles. ... injuries (and age) slowed down Clay Matthews, Nick Perry and Vince Biegel. FA Ahmad Brooks met expectations and Reggie Gilbert showed unexpected promise

It’s not Assist. LBer Coach Scott McCurley’s fault that the team let Julius Peppers, who recorded 11 sacks on the year, go back to Carolina.

The way still HC Mike McCarthy let these Coaches go will get around the NFL Pronto. Very likely hamper any quality Coaching hires for the immediate future, or untill Mike McCarthy is FIRED.

It's all right here:

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...tal+Packers%29

Comment woodbuck27:

PLEASE:

Save the inevitable pain for Packer Nation and FIRE Mike McCarthy ASAP.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-05-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...ed-gm-nfl-2018

Packers could retain Brian Gutekunst, lose Mike McCarthy if Russ Ball named GM, per report

The Packers still look poised to name Russ Ball as their next general manager, but the incumbent head coach doesn’t appear to be sold on that decision.

" ...(Bob) McGinn says McCarthy directed his anger about Green Bay’s conservative approach to player acquisition at Ball in the recent past. “Russ and Mike were really tight, but they’ve not seen eye-to-eye in a couple of years,” a source told McGinn. Another source also told McGinn that McCarthy told his staff Thursday that he “planned to leave Green Bay for another job” should Ball ascend to the GM seat.

All of this remains speculative for the time being. The Packers could still pivot towards another GM candidate or McCarthy could warm to the idea of working for Ball, with whom he previously had a strong relationship. Still, ..."

Comment woodbuck27:

How does Mike McCarthy slide ..... out of this mess !?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ire/ar-BBHVn65

Report: McCarthy could depart Packers depending on GM hire

Larry Brown Sports Larry Brown Sports

Grey Papke ........5 hrs ago

Bob McGinn✔@BobMcGinn
    At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : Looks like it'll be GM Ball-Exec VP Gutekunst in Green Bay, leaving McCarthy to make decision whether he wants to continue coaching #Packers or not.

12:01 PM - Jan 5, 2018

Have the Green Bay Packers actually selected GM Ball and Exec VP Gutekunst in Green Bay !?

If so and MM follows through on his threat he's going to resign as the Green Bay Packers Head Coach very soon.

Now he might decide that his skin is safer in Green Bay all the same and eat CROW. The thing is he's Irish and known to be stubborn. It sure looks now like TT and MM buddied up late in the 2017 Season and very quietly MM signed a Contract extension to the end of the 2019 Season.

My money is on MM getting around to saving his skin and the Status Quo in Green Bay.

Blog Entries
    like the thread title

Truth be told, hardly anybody would be fond of Cappie Russ if you listen to the media guys and mass of fans calling in
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I can't get my head around a cap guy getting the big chair.

Both Wolf and TT were personnel/scout guys.

Aren't we going away from the template here?

it's veeerrry disappointing if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    like the thread title

Truth be told, hardly anybody would be fond of Cappie Russ if you listen to the media guys and mass of fans calling in
    Here is how it was two days ago:

http://www.1057fmthefan.com/media/au...all-packers-gm

This says it will be Russ Ball.

Who really knows with the Green Bay Organization as the Season was over before we learned that Mke McCarthy was extended one more year to the end of the 2019 Season.

The Packer fans reaction is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I can't get my head around a cap guy getting the big chair.

Both Wolf and TT were personnel/scout guys.

Aren't we going away from the template here?
    Yes, but you are used to Ron and Ted making the call in the draft room. Russ could put BG or EW in charge of the draft, or have them choose the consensus pick and have Russ give final thumbs up.

I don't think success in the draft comes from being a scout who is in charge. Its valuing the picks, knowing that none of them is 100% guaranteed and listening to the right scouts on the player evaluations.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

maybe having a non scout makes sense.

i'm not saying this happened, but lets say TT spend the full year scouting, along with all the scouts. come draft time, TT only drafts the guys he likes and completely ignore what the rest of his scouts think. wouldn't that be a bad thing?

Maybe a great scout would make a shitty GM. I like to eat, that doesn’t make me a world class chef.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    maybe having a non scout makes sense.

i'm not saying this happened, but lets say TT spend the full year scouting, along with all the scouts. come draft time, TT only drafts the guys he likes and completely ignore what the rest of his scouts think. wouldn't that be a bad thing?
    It would. Which is why there are usually disaster stories when this happens across the league. People can't keep quiet when their (correct) analysis is ignored.

I'm guessing that was not an issue with TT, that he set the board fairly based on the scouts' inputs. Otherwise they'd be running to greener pastures long ago.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    It would. Which is why there are usually disaster stories when this happens across the league. People can't keep quiet when their (correct) analysis is ignored.

I'm guessing that was not an issue with TT, that he set the board fairly based on the scouts' inputs. Otherwise they'd be running to greener pastures long ago.
    the first thing Highsmith said after being hired by Dorsey was how nice it will be to be someplace where he would be trusted. that was your Senior Personnel Executive talking there.
    Last edited by gbgary; 01-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.

If Jerry Jones' son can learn to draft, I am going to guess that Ball can.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yes, but you are used to Ron and Ted making the call in the draft room. Russ could put BG or EW in charge of the draft, or have them choose the consensus pick and have Russ give final thumbs up.

I don't think success in the draft comes from being a scout who is in charge. Its valuing the picks, knowing that none of them is 100% guaranteed and listening to the right scouts on the player evaluations.

This job, I THOUGHT.....was an elite NFL Job for a GM

If we hire a cappie it will be a sad state and maybe to be frank I was wrong and elite candidates don't want to be here
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries

Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the first thing Highsmith said after being hired by Dorsey was how nice it will be to be someplace where he would be trusted. that was your Senior Personnel Executive talking there.
    High smith was climbing up the charts in GB. He was trusted plenty.

They don't stay quiet if you are losing. There are suddenly a lot of leaks in GB, though most seem to be from the exec board.