Thread: Could the Russ Ball experiment work for the Green Bay Packers?

Could the Russ Ball experiment work for the Green Bay Packers?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...t-ted-thompson

2018 PACKERS GM SEARCH

Could the Russ Ball experiment work for the Green Bay Packers?

After years of turning out high-quality personnel evaluators, the Packers appear uniquely set up to succeed with a non-scout GM.

By: Peter_Bukowski@Peter_Bukowski Jan 5, 2018, 8:45am CST

Comment: woodbuck27

It seems that by Mon. 1/8/2018 we'll know who the new Packer GM will be. Will it be as it at least seems to be the trending speculation Russ Ball? This Guy?:

RUSS BALL

2008-Present: Packers — VP of Football Administration/Player Finance
    2006-07: Saints — VP of Football Administration
    2002-05: Saints — Senior Football Administrator
    2001: Washington — Director of Football Administration
    1999-2000: Vikings — Senior Football Administrator
    1997-98: Chiefs — Administrative Assistant to the Head Coach
    1990-96: Chiefs — Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
    1982-89: Missouri Tigers — Head Strength & Conditioning Coach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Ball
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...t-1/349589001/

Packers' Russ Ball a man of immense influence and intrigue

The widely respected lead contract negotiator and salary-cap guru has extensive behind-the-scenes responsibilities and a body of work that makes him a compelling candidate as a team president or general manager.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...art/349607001/

Packers' Russ Ball plays hardball with a heart

What's it like to sit across the bargaining table from Russ Ball, the Packers' vice president of football administration/player finance? NFL agents pull back the curtain and explain the art of dealing with Green Bay's chief negotiator and salary-cap savant.

Blog Entries
    CAPPIE RUSS

Is this a frickin Joke, a Bad Dream, or BOTH ??????????????????????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If the Green Bay Packers hire the next GM from within.

I've got my $$$$$ on Russ Ball being the next Packer GM because this MAN is respected by Former Packer GM Ted Thompson. Russ Ball is generally respected by by far most he deals with if your bent to believing what I posted in this thread. Russ Ball is a dedicated and a hard working 'nose to the grindstone' type that really cares about people and getting it right.

Getting it right means, he doesn't have a huge EGO and he enjoys getting to know people and developing a real relationship that's ongoing. Tapping into all he meets and learning ,growing as a person.

Extending that personality of Russ Ball's to the Man responsible for the right hire or President and CEO of the Packers Mark Murphy:

I believe that Russ Ball will not only get the position of Packer GM. He's simply creditable and deserving as a rather unique Man placed in a unique position as a Packer GM; that will be given a Bona Fide respect throughout the NFL

Welcome Russ Ball as the next Green Bay Packer GM.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-06-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cappie Joe is not thread worthy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Cappie Joe is not thread worthy
    You need to do better with your nicknames. Capyrus would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I want to place this LINK (story here).

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/lo...9539f0944.html

Packers: GM search gives Mark Murphy chance to show his football chops

JASON WILDE For the State Journal Jan 3, 2018 Updated Jan 4, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    If the Green Bay Packers hire the next GM from within.

I've got my $$$$$ on Russ Ball being the next Packer GM because this MAN is respected by Former Packer GM Ted Thompson. Russ Ball is generally respected by by far most he deals with if your bent to believing what I posted in this thread. Russ Ball is a dedicated and a hard working 'nose to the grindstone' type that really cares about people and getting it right.

Getting it right means, he doesn't have a huge EGO and he enjoys getting to know people and developing a real relationship that's ongoing. Tapping into all he meets and learning ,growing as a person.

Extending that personality of Russ Ball's to the Man responsible for the right hire or President and CEO of the Packers Mark Murphy:

I believe that Russ Ball will not only get the position of Packer GM. He's simply creditable and deserving as a rather unique Man placed in a unique position as a Packer GM; that will be given a Bona Fide respect throughout the NFL

Welcome Russ Ball as the next Green Bay Packer GM.
    As I went to bed last night I had a strong Gut feeling that the Accountant wasn't the best choice for Mark Murphy.

I came to the realization after a days thinking that very possibly our Complaints and issues with TT might have been directed to the wrong person and TT was delegating over the TOP too much and Packer Purse Strings to Russ Ball.

Throughout this GM Hiring Process we learned more about how the Vatican of the Green Bay Packers is actually run.

We might assume that TT almost or totally handed over Contract and CAP decisions to Russ Ball ?!

I noted that Russ Ball was forbidden (by his bosses as I read that) to ever talk to the Media. Think about that Packer Hierarchy RULE !

Whenever he was relaxing at the Cottage with Family members he did any work and GreenBay Packers all alone and on the QT.

Why talk to Player Agents and (always it seemed to them bring TT) into 'the New Contract Talks Equation'? Was that a coverup to make the Agent think that TT actually was 'hands on' and Contracts; when that was hardly the case in total?

There are a lot more things we might add to an analysis and what was TT's actual ROLE in TOTAL.

It seems really all rather Tight Lipped and the Inner Sanctum of the Green Bay Packers; except for one loose Cannon; his name is Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy? I hope that Guy is placed under the microscope in the 2018 Season.

Mike McCarthy should have been let go. The time to do that was right now and PERFECT.

In my clearest observation; M3 (Mike McCarthy) is definitely 'a weak link' and another Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers as the Packers finest player. With another 3-5 year window Program I don't get any Pact and Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy. Watch their Body Language ..... NOT together.