Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Wild Card Weekend Thread

Chiefs lead 21-3 at halftime and Kareem Hunt, the NFL's leading rusher, gets 5 2nd half carries. Abandoning the run has always been a knock against Reid. Gotta believe the knives will be out in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Seems like they allow it now. In the old days that was a no-no and would get flagged but now it never gets called.
    I was surprised it wasn't flagged.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chiefs lead 21-3 at halftime and Kareem Hunt, the NFL's leading rusher, gets 5 2nd half carries. Abandoning the run has always been a knock against Reid. Gotta believe the knives will be out in KC.
    I didn't know M3 branched from that coaching tree? Ugh...Reid deserves to be canned for that alone.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I was surprised it wasn't flagged.
    It should have been. The NFL rules don't say anything to prohibit pushing the ball carrier. But they clearly state that no offensive player can pull the ball carrier in any direction.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    KC got jobbed.

Mariotta got destroyed by a blitzing Chief. He fumbled the ball on the way to the ground. The ref called that the qbs forward progress was stopped. I have never seen a qb with a clean hit coming up the middle been called down because he is driven back by the sack while not touching the ground. If that is the case anytime your qb goes backwards on a sack no fumble is possible.

Now the 2 point forward progress had been stopped I agree with. It wasnt a clean to the ground tackle. The S had made first contact 3 yards earlier and pushed the qb back before finally getting him to the ground.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

It helps to score more than 0 points in the second half too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

In the NFL it used to be that you could not push the runner either. O lineman, including many Packers, got around that by blocking the pile. Mack just grabbed the RB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
    QB play might decide this one, but not in a good way. It'll be Tyrod taking sacks as the lesser of two evils with Bortles tossing picks.

Now THAT is analysis.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

2 mediocre QB's going up against good defenses. Punters gonna get a workout.

Having a tough time adjusting to playoffs without Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Broncos and Ravens. Maybe good for the league to get some new teams in there, but odd.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Today I learned that Brett Hundley could have started for the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he would have been an upgrade!

Tyrod Taylor got his head smashed into the ground.....didn't look good. Bills down to around 1 minute to get down the field and score.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Jacksonville-Buffalo is like watching Hundley vs. Hundley.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Bortles has a playoff win as a QB. Of course, Trent Dilfer is an SB winning QB!

87 yards passing, 88 yards rushing.

One thing I have to say, the NFL needs to do much better job when it comes to determining if something is a catch or not. At the end of the game they ran at least half a dozen replays of Ramsey's INT from different views in super slow-mo to try and decide if the ball may have moved due to the ball hitting the ground. It really ruined the flow at the end of the game, to the point that I went into the kitchen to get something to drink.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

^^^ Didn't you think the Bills were gonna win because that stable genius call of having him start in the middle of the season - to gain experience, of course - would eventually pay off?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Looks like the Panthers forgot to pack their defense for the trip to NO. Or maybe they brought the Packers defense by mistake.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Looks like the Panthers forgot to pack their defense for the trip to NO. Or maybe they brought the Packers defense by mistake.
    Things are going 'just swell' pour moi (knock on wood).
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

This just in: Ladarius Gunther plays for the Panthers
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    This just in: Ladarius Gunther plays for the Panthers
    'plays'

Dumbest decision I've seen a coach make in some time. Go for it at midfield up 5 with less than two minutes left? Unbelievably stupid move by Sean Payton.