Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Official Wild Card Weekend Thread

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Dumbest decision I've seen a coach make in some time. Go for it at midfield up 5 with less than two minutes left? Unbelievably stupid move by Sean Payton.
    That throw by Brees to what? ... five Panthers and 'of course' Picked.

'blind madness' for a Vet QB.

I didn't know I could leap off the floor that high anymore !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    'plays'
    Hey he came and layed the wood on someone on a little check down throw by brees. Those plays typically absent from our DBs.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Hey he came and layed the wood on someone on a little check down throw by brees. Those plays typically absent from our DBs.
    congrats
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That throw by Brees to what? ... five Panthers and 'of course' Picked.

'blind madness' for a Vet QB.

I didn't know I could leap off the floor that high anymore !
    Actually it was a brilliant play by Brees. Stupid play by the d-back.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

One final word on the weekend games, specifically Jacksonville-Buffalo. I made comments during the season that starting caliber QBs cannot be long sequestered as back-ups because the league doesn't have 32 starting caliber QBs. Buffalo and Jacksonville prove this point. Holy hell, Bortles and James was picked #3 overall IIRC, and that guy is a train wreck at QB. And Tie-rod Taylor is even worse, if that can be conceived of. And these are playoff teams. Man alive, the QBing in the league is awful. And just so you know, I'm not excuse-making here. Packers leadership still gets a severe downgrade for not knowing how awful Hundley would be as a backup and for allowing the level of play to collapse due to a Rodgers injury. Perhaps if it hadn't already happened once (2013) it would be somewhat forgivable, but they all had to have known what would happen, and they didn't have a proper plan to deal with it.

Still, you can at least give them some leeway because the NFL QB talent overall is pretty dismal.

Actually it was a brilliant play by Brees. Stupid play by the d-back.
    Yep, pass just like a punt. Might as well give it a shot. I am sure that was the last word from Peyton on the sideline.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

One final word on the weekend games, specifically Jacksonville-Buffalo. I made comments during the season that starting caliber QBs cannot be long sequestered as back-ups because the league doesn't have 32 starting caliber QBs. Buffalo and Jacksonville prove this point. Holy hell, Bortles and James was picked #3 overall IIRC, and that guy is a train wreck at QB. And Tie-rod Taylor is even worse, if that can be conceived of. And these are playoff teams. Man alive, the QBing in the league is awful. And just so you know, I'm not excuse-making here. Packers leadership still gets a severe downgrade for not knowing how awful Hundley would be as a backup and for allowing the level of play to collapse due to a Rodgers injury. Perhaps if it hadn't already happened once (2013) it would be somewhat forgivable, but they all had to have known what would happen, and they didn't have a proper plan to deal with it.

Still, you can at least give them some leeway because the NFL QB talent overall is pretty dismal.
    It just shows even more how important a solid defense and running game are.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Dumbest decision I've seen a coach make in some time. Go for it at midfield up 5 with less than two minutes left? Unbelievably stupid move by Sean Payton.
    Questionable to be sure. But Brees picking up 2(3?) yards to seal the game is not the worst bet you can make. The db let 'em off the hook a little by catching the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    that's one way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Kinda a partial solution though. For instance, this week seems like a plan to lose to NE.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Kinda a partial solution though. For instance, this week seems like a plan to lose to NE.
    NE always does seem to draw the weaker one-dimensional opponents to pick off early in the playoffs. It's almost magical.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    NE always does seem to draw the weaker one-dimensional opponents to pick off early in the playoffs. It's almost magical.
    Captain Comeback has a list of the QBs they have faced in the Divisional Round and its most amusing.