Thread: Gutekunst vs TT (injury prone players)

Gutekunst vs TT (injury prone players)

Seems to me Goot puts more weight on injuries than Thompson. Thompson took a lot of injury prone players both in the draft and in bigger second contracts. I think goot is better in this way.

Yes
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

No.

Cutting Perry is not a sign of something different around injuries.

Alexander missed some time last year, so perhaps be careful about jinxing more draft picks with only one class under his belt.

I think Thompson, for him, was in win now mode since 2011. And that led to some need picks, need picks that were bad. Also led to some poor signings on second contracts (Perry).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No.

Cutting Perry is not a sign of something different around injuries.

Alexander missed some time last year, so perhaps be careful about jinxing more draft picks with only one class under his belt.

I think Thompson, for him, was in win now mode since 2011. And that led to some need picks, need picks that were bad. Also led to some poor signings on second contracts (Perry).
    Agreed. I think that Thompson, who though not totally averse to free agency was quite cautious, relied therefore on the draft, so he started trending toward need with his drafts. Amazing, wasn't it, how much his later drafts featured picks who somehow were the BPA while also filling a glaring need?

This can only work if you hit on a big, big percentage of picks. And Ted did, early on, when need did not seem to factor in quite so strongly - or that there were needs everywhere, so he really could just go BPA and it would likely fill a need.

Going back to the trade-up in the second round for Jerel Worthy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Both Gute and TT have a bad habit of valuing athletes over football players in the draft. So far Gute has valued football players in FA. TT maybe was same, but he didn't use FA a lot. In fairness we had guys to resign most of TTs tenure and right now we had no one to use the cap money on. Gute has a very different situation than TT did most of his career.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.