Thread: Packers hire Brian Gutekunst as GM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Huh.

One more conspiracy minded theory before I buy in. Gutekunst was being represented (or identified might be a better term) by the search firm that was helping the Texans search for a GM. He was identified this weekend as a finalist for interviews next week for Houston. Murphy has used that search firm before and one of that firms partners is advising Murphy about the GM search.

Is it a coincidence that Gutekunst got the nod a little faster than expected?

Brian Gutekunst is the least objectionable choice of the three know candidates. And this is fine. Its also a reason not to be that excited. I hope he is just as ruthless as Ted and that includes stuffing McCarthy in a box and dropping him in the Fox River if he keeps whining about everyone else not doing their job.

I am not very excited.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Huh.

One more conspiracy minded theory before I buy in. Gutekunst was being represented (or identified might be a better term) by the search firm that was helping the Texans search for a GM. He was identified this weekend as a finalist for interviews next week for Houston. Murphy has used that search firm before and one of that firms partners is advising Murphy about the GM search.

Is it a coincidence that Gutekunst got the nod a little faster than expected?

Brian Gutekunst is the least objectionable choice of the three know candidates. And this is fine. Its also a reason not to be that excited. I hope he is just as ruthless as Ted and that includes stuffing McCarthy in a box and dropping him in the Fox River if he keeps whining about everyone else not doing their job.

I am not very excited.
    Yes.
    So much for the “extensive search” Murphy said to the media last week.
    I think he hit the panic button as soon as he heard the Texans were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Yes.
    So much for the “extensive search” Murphy said to the media last week.
    I think he hit the panic button as soon as he heard the Texans were interested.
    Media moaning is often self serving and basically meaningless, but Nagler and Oates made good points on Twitter in the last 24 hours.

The publicly owned team would not comment on its GM search or interview process. Have they even confirmed that Getsy left, Bennett has been stripped of his job and Van Pelt has left? The Bears had comments on each interview after it happened.

That kind of secrecy I can forgive in football operations, where you fear giving the opposition good intel or draft nuggets. But its dumb when hiring the top of the franchise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.