Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gute the Genius official thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think Tom Oates asked the killer "HC reports exactly what to Murphy" query. Best question of the (football not calendar) year.

"Game Plans"

Bunch of doofuses. The only acceptable move now is the sign Rodgers and then fire M3 the next time he chokes down a chicken wing.
    Agreed.

Maybe his last name's not McCarthy but Macbeth.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Gute one

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Gute, Gute gumdrops!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Gute, Gute, Gute, Gute of Earl, Earl, Earl...

BG big on building relationships.

Asked about being public face versus just M3 out there. BG thinks he will be out there more.

Concerns came out during interview process, things even NBH knew about being closer to football Ops in last couple of years.

What if there is a dispute? NBH will get and mediate. However, he backs up, and says if its related to the roster or FA, BG will win out.

Was it Ted causing silos? NBH answers that it wasn't just Ted. Same structure for most of recent history, before Ted.

Did not enter interview process with restructure in mind (but remember Mort's report) but he did have sense there were underlying issues

BG fell in love with scouting after internship with Packers but also after they offered a paying job. Likes Wolf's scouting process still, after all these years.

Scot McCloughan trained BG the most over the first three years, he was the guy who would answer questions when they were too afraid to ask Ron.

Loves Ted strength of character and calmness, steady on purpose.

Will BG be on road? Yes. Main priority is team as 1265, but will be on road like Ted.
    Alright. Here goes. Speculation aplenty, but it seems to fit:

The discord coming out of 1265 and the new structure heavily implies that communication or perception of successful communication was lacking under TT. I'm guessing TT would listen, then continue to do things the way he felt was best. The "very successful head coach" did not like his opinions and requests seemingly ignored (even if TT didn't ignore them but instead couldn't make it work within his system). Thus, the comments from Murphy heavily implying communication dysfunction.

So the structure was changed. And the bolded part above is the most important part.

Murphy is saying the right things about Gute having full control of the roster. Implicitly in the comment above is the expectation that M3 will have a seat at the personnel table. The biggest reason the GM is in charge isn't to consolidate a bunch of titles or to have a "buck stops here" guy (although it helps). It's to provide unity of vision and player acquisition that is not compromised. M3 may be a great coach. But he is not a scout. He is not an expert at evaluating talent. He is not even an expert at "how much a guy has left in his tank". Those are all personnel things. And giving a voice to people who aren't experts, enough that disagreement and remediation are expected by Murphy, will compromise Gute's ability to build a roster.

It sounds like TT was just as bad communicating behind the scenes as he was to the media. Okay, fine. In that case, Harlan hired a great scout but not a great leader. That part is in the past now. But the pendulum is swinging too far the other way, giving voice and weight to someone who shouldn't have it. And that is admitting that the right things are being said about "Gute has final say." It shouldn't even be necessary to be remediated by Murphy. Gute should build the roster. Period. That's it. No worries about anyone else.

Until the Triangle of Authority is abolished, Gute is really just the lead personnel guy. He isn't a general manager. Like pb said (I think it was pb), Murphy is the defacto GM now.

Maybe they can make it work. But if M3 was unhappy enough to squeeze his way into not reporting to the GM, his pride in his football knowledge will undermine the ability of Gute to make talent decisions along a singular vision: his.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good right now.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

^ Agree. McCarthy might have a list for FA shopping, but it still has to fit in the rest of the plan.

It could get bad, because if FA doesn't go your way, and it can get very expensive to make it so, then this preference could affect the draft. Someone mentioned that Ted would occasionally select players that coaches have said will have trouble with the scheme.

No idea whether that would work out or not at times, but we have seen coaches in charge of personnel before and its not good.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

https://www.totalpackers.com/2018/01...t-man-mystery/

BRIAN GUTEKUNST – MAN OF MYSTERY

McCarthy’s Unseemly Maneuvers

01/08/2018
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Alright. Here goes. Speculation aplenty, but it seems to fit:

The discord coming out of 1265 and the new structure heavily implies that communication or perception of successful communication was lacking under TT. I'm guessing TT would listen, then continue to do things the way he felt was best. The "very successful head coach" did not like his opinions and requests seemingly ignored (even if TT didn't ignore them but instead couldn't make it work within his system). Thus, the comments from Murphy heavily implying communication dysfunction.

So the structure was changed. And the bolded part above is the most important part.

Murphy is saying the right things about Gute having full control of the roster. Implicitly in the comment above is the expectation that M3 will have a seat at the personnel table. The biggest reason the GM is in charge isn't to consolidate a bunch of titles or to have a "buck stops here" guy (although it helps). It's to provide unity of vision and player acquisition that is not compromised. M3 may be a great coach. But he is not a scout. He is not an expert at evaluating talent. He is not even an expert at "how much a guy has left in his tank". Those are all personnel things. And giving a voice to people who aren't experts, enough that disagreement and remediation are expected by Murphy, will compromise Gute's ability to build a roster.

It sounds like TT was just as bad communicating behind the scenes as he was to the media. Okay, fine. In that case, Harlan hired a great scout but not a great leader. That part is in the past now. But the pendulum is swinging too far the other way, giving voice and weight to someone who shouldn't have it. And that is admitting that the right things are being said about "Gute has final say." It shouldn't even be necessary to be remediated by Murphy. Gute should build the roster. Period. That's it. No worries about anyone else.

Until the Triangle of Authority is abolished, Gute is really just the lead personnel guy. He isn't a general manager. Like pb said (I think it was pb), Murphy is the defacto GM now.

Maybe they can make it work. But if M3 was unhappy enough to squeeze his way into not reporting to the GM, his pride in his football knowledge will undermine the ability of Gute to make talent decisions along a singular vision: his.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good right now.
    Mike McCarthy is the Weakest LINK.

He must be replaced ASAP.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I'm looking at Brian Gutrkunst's Initials or B G.

So from now on and in my Green Bay Packers World. I'll possibly refer to him as:

Bee Gee.

That is an elaboration of pbmax's simple :

BG .... but I'm the sort that appreciates a little colour.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm looking at Brian Gutrkunst's Initials or B G.

So from now on and in my Green Bay Packers World. I'll possibly refer to him as:

Bee Gee.

That is an elaboration of pbmax's simple :

BG .... but I'm the sort that appreciates a little colour.
    So...he sings falsetto?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    So...he sings falsetto?
    Guinness it's been wild here for the last 5 days.

I'm just watching Jon Gruden being introduced formally as the Oakland Head Coach.

What a down to earth BLUE Collar Guy.

THe NFL Broadcasting Media loses Gruden and gained Tony Romo.

I enjoy every Tony Romo and Jim Nantz called NFL game.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Gutekunst translated from german means good art. Hmm...
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Among the internal candidates Gutekunst will likely consider for assistant GM or director of player personnel are college scouting director Jon-Eric Sullivan and pro personnel director John Wojciechowski.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Gootie.
    This is what Tauscher and Wilde call him on their radio show...

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Among the internal candidates Gutekunst will likely consider for assistant GM or director of player personnel are college scouting director Jon-Eric Sullivan and pro personnel director John Wojciechowski.
    Do they call Wojciechowski Woojie?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Do they call Wojciechowski Woojie?
    All Wojciechowski and similar are always know as Woj.

Barney Miller, Duke. Its universal.