Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gute the Genius official thread

Gute the Genius official thread

Gutekunst is obviously a genius. Hasn't missed the playoffs as a GM yet. So obviously not just a genius, but a Super Genius!

I for one, look forward to the new era of Packers football with the new general manager
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Does Acme have a pro football scouting Division?

Like BLESTO?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't like the family tree. Gute the UM coach was meh.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I don't like the family tree. Gute the UM coach was meh.

Turrible as Charles Barkley would say.

No Gute, No Glory

Can we just start calling him Glutes and get it over with?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Can we just start calling him Glutes and get it over with?
    I am disappointed Guteus Maximus has not taken off, but oh well.

Inside the building they call his Gutey (GOO-dee). Because they have no sense of humor or originality.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I fear I will be calling him Guteus Minimus.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gootie.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it true his team has never lost a game?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am disappointed Guteus Maximus has not taken off, but oh well.

Inside the building they call his Gutey (GOO-dee). Because they have no sense of humor or originality.
    If we can come up with PSL for Sherman, certainly we can do better than Gutey. Then we need someone to start tweeting the name out while tagging players. Let’s make this happen people.
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Press conference starts at 1 PM.

No McCarthy on stage, just Murphy and Gutekunst.

Not Bob Harlan pleased with process, just over a week. 4 candidates (BG, EW, RB, DW)

M3 interviewed all four people then sat down with Not Bob Harlan to discuss his impressions

Also Ed Policy, Nicole Ledvina, Jason Wohlers involved (plus Jed Hughes as consultant), Charlie Casserly also consulted with Not Bob Harlan

Final decision was Not Bob Harlan and his rookie year roommate (Casserly)

Seems to have identified some issue on football side of organization, interviews revealed some silos that walled off people from each other

Ted had three titles, GM, Director of Football Operations, EVP. Very broad.

BG is GM (draft, 90 man roster, 53 man roster, FA), RB is Director of Football Operations. Basic recognition of how Ted used RB previously (also still cap and salary negotiations)

To really improve communication he thought M3 should report to Not Bob Harlan as well. Specifically will meet each week to improve communication and collaboration.

Excited by BrianG, natural leader, calming presence. Viewed as rising star in NFL.

Asked for draft reports on top three picks in last three years from BG.

NBH has high regard for Ball. Promotion recognizes his contributions. Nothing very specific.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-08-2018 at 01:13 PM.

introductory presser happening as i type this on periscope and fb and the Packers site.

BG gets emotional immediately, starts by thanking Jesus, his family, Murphy and Thompson in that order.

Thompson taught him discipline, thanks Wolf for letting him in the door. Also mentions the Big Four (JS, JD, RM, McCloughan)

Now parents, who really got short shrift here

Wants to get back to high level success. packers are cornerstone franchise and he is please to be here.

Murphy is not as funny as he thinks he is.

What is Packers way: excellence, people and winning. Process or system that is in place and worked here for a long time. Good answer.

How will he be different than Ted? Will retain core of draft, develop or retain. But may be more aggressive in other areas of player acquisition. Will actually be in running for FA and not on sideline.

No word on Eliot Wolf yet, BG wants him back. NBH says Wolf will be GM somewhere someday

Does NBH have authority to hire/fire coach? NBH says there are 13/14 teams with coach reporting to owner. Says practically they would consult either way, but he has final authority.

NBH will not veto player acquisition. He will not make football decisions (except HC).

NBH asked, if BG and RB handle players, what is M3 reporting on? NBH caught a little off guard, names "Game Plans" as first thing which probably is a surprise to M3. Then mentions games, coaches, strength coaches (probably under RB already). Not a very good answer. Doesn't seem well considered. As if this was worked out as a way for Mike to complain about player talent he needs. Murphy doesn't seem to know what else it would be about.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-08-2018 at 01:37 PM.

BG big on building relationships.

Asked about being public face versus just M3 out there. BG thinks he will be out there more.

Concerns came out during interview process, things even NBH knew about being closer to football Ops in last couple of years.

What if there is a dispute? NBH will get and mediate. However, he backs up, and says if its related to the roster or FA, BG will win out.

Was it Ted causing silos? NBH answers that it wasn't just Ted. Same structure for most of recent history, before Ted.

Did not enter interview process with restructure in mind (but remember Mort's report) but he did have sense there were underlying issues

BG fell in love with scouting after internship with Packers but also after they offered a paying job. Likes Wolf's scouting process still, after all these years.

Scot McCloughan trained BG the most over the first three years, he was the guy who would answer questions when they were too afraid to ask Ron.

Loves Ted strength of character and calmness, steady on purpose.

Will BG be on road? Yes. Main priority is team as 1265, but will be on road like Ted.

Ted's role: BG plans on leaning on him as much as Ted wants to be involved

Lots of quality on team but need competition at some groups. have needs, need competition. Not very far away, substantial amount of work to do but can be done quickly.

Avoids answers what went wrong without Rodgers. Doesn't even mentioned Hundley.

Foundation is draft, but FA is a must as accessory piece. Unlike Ted, they will try to recruit and in the know on available FAs (unlike Ted who would not bring in guys if they had to have contract numbers beforehand)

BG made it to Houston on Saturday, but Murphy called him and offered job during dinner with Texans.

NBH afraid of losing BG on Saturday? No, last interview was Sat, they decided quickly he was the top candidate but he was on his way to Houston.

and feed is lost

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    BG had the good sense to freeagent-signal like he was Dan Snyder.

The terms "collaboration", "communication", and "work together" seem only to refer to opening lines of complaint where previously there was only Ted's dead stare.

All members of the media have blood coarsing into their collective laps.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

BG had the good sense to freeagent-signal like he was Dan Snyder.

The terms "collaboration", "communication", and "work together" seem only to refer to opening lines of complaint where previously there was only Ted's dead stare.

All members of the media have blood coarsing into their collective laps.

I think Tom Oates asked the killer "HC reports exactly what to Murphy" query. Best question of the (football not calendar) year.

"Game Plans"

Bunch of doofuses. The only acceptable move now is the sign Rodgers and then fire M3 the next time he chokes down a chicken wing.

Guuuuuuuuuuute
    Go PACK