Thread: Triangle of Authority is Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It's not that Ted never signed free agents - just look at the parade of mediocrity last season. He only signed retreads, rejects, etc. - second or third tier players that virtually nobody else wanted. I HOPE Gutekunst feels pressured to go after one or more big time free agents this season and future seasons. Jimmy Graham would be a great start; The top cover Corner available would be good to get also. With the always increasing cap, the money should be available, and you can always structure contracts to make them work under the cap.

We got rid of Ted - FINALLY. Hopefully we also got rid of his way of doing things.
    All free agents are retreads and all carry hefty price tags in comparison to their production. Just because someone signs someone in the stupid money segment of the offseason is no guarantee of better success.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    All free agents are retreads and all carry hefty price tags in comparison to their production. Just because someone signs someone in the stupid money segment of the offseason is no guarantee of better success.

I like Spielman's method of targeting guys coming off their first contracts ala Linval Joseph.