Thread: Triangle of Authority is Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll say this about Murphy. He inherited an organizational structure that he felt was no longer working as well as it used to. Rather than continue with the status quo, he made changes, knowing he will be blamed if it doesn't work. Aren't most people around here unsatisfied with the status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'll say this about Murphy. He inherited an organizational structure that he felt was no longer working as well as it used to. Rather than continue with the status quo, he made changes, knowing he will be blamed if it doesn't work. Aren't most people around here unsatisfied with the status quo?
    When a root cause of failure is determined to be "communication", the solution is often to reorganize. Get the right people in the right places, break down silos, move to the cloud.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    When a root cause of failure is determined to be "communication", the solution is often to reorganize. Get the right people in the right places, break down silos, move to the cloud.
    Exactly. Ted may not have caused the hard feelings, but he didn't solve them either.

BG has been told its not just his job to do it, Murphy will mediate.

And Wolf has been left out to dangle a bit. Taking his title and giving it to Ball is hard to read as just a promotion for Ball. Seems like a message.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Exactly. Ted may not have caused the hard feelings, but he didn't solve them either.

BG has been told its not just his job to do it, Murphy will mediate.

And Wolf has been left out to dangle a bit. Taking his title and giving it to Ball is hard to read as just a promotion for Ball. Seems like a message.
    I thought I read somewhere that last year both TT and wunderkind had the same title "Director of Football Operations". Perhaps I misread.

To the comment about maybe wunderkind being the source of the leaking: maybe. He's still young, could be very hotblooded in an industry that demands confidence and assertiveness. And the patient, steady leadership needed to run a franchise may not be there yet. Of course, I'm pulling this all from the Dark Dimension...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I mentioned in another thread that the move puts Murphy's head on the chopping block if things go south. If nothing else, I admire his willingness to put the target on his back. I have no idea if the structure will work; I suspect it's highly dependent on the quality of the people in the several leadership positions. Stubby seems like a decent person but I don't know anything about the other three.

I still say they need to bring in some assistants from other successful front offices. Let Wolf go cut his teeth elsewhere - he can come back in 10 years or so to take over after Gute steps away following his third Superbowl.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck