Thread: Triangle of Authority is Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    As for the new structure, someone mentioned that there are a handful of teams that have their front office structured in a similar way. Possible that Murphy wanted to structure his role like that of a traditional team-owner in the NFL? I hope he doesn't become as ever-present and overbearing as Jerry Jones, but I don't see Murphy as a media hound.

I know we are not used to the structure, but the real question is, what will it take for it to work well?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    As for the new structure, someone mentioned that there are a handful of teams that have their front office structured in a similar way. Possible that Murphy wanted to structure his role like that of a traditional team-owner in the NFL? I hope he doesn't become as ever-present and overbearing as Jerry Jones, but I don't see Murphy as a media hound.

I know we are not used to the structure, but the real question is, what will it take for it to work well?
    M3 to defer to the GM and not even challenge his acquisition and roster decisions. Coaches are not personnel experts.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    M3 to defer to the GM and not even challenge his acquisition and roster decisions. Coaches are not personnel experts.
    when it comes to the draft yes...but in FA i think his input could be of real value. MM watches tons of game tape and he sees, has to game plan, against all those guys. it's his team. other than the money side, i think MM's opinion should carry the most weight.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    when it comes to the draft yes...but in FA i think his input could be of real value. MM watches tons of game tape and he sees, has to game plan, against all those guys. it's his team. other than the money side, i think MM's opinion should carry the most weight.
    There is a difference between evaluating game tape for game planning and for personnel evaluation. McCarthy does the former, not the latter.

His input on his roster and position needs should carry weight, but never be the final decision by itself.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There is a difference between evaluating game tape for game planning and for personnel evaluation. McCarthy does the former, not the latter.

His input on his roster and position needs should carry weight, but never be the final decision by itself.
    Then there is Video evidence of incredible talent that is obvious and makes your mouth water even if you never saw a Pro Football game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfMF-uBQGAI

Saquon Barkley Career Highlights
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

obviously but he sees the speed, athleticism, instincts, etc in that game tape. i didn't say final decision.