Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Nor do I.

Thus I like even less though am not surprised by this new power structure. It gives MM too much control, and I don't like that, in part because I was around for the Phil Bengston/Dan Devine/Bart Starr/Forrest Gregg/Lindsay Infante years. Not that they all had that power, but the whole Packer organization was listing.

And I wonder why MM has gotten more say in matters and now doesn't even report to the GM. All I can really come up with is that this connects somehow to the most important person in the organization: Aaron Rodgers.
I think this is exactly that. Rodgers gives M3 leverage, especially with AR's contract coming up.

And his leverage will allow him to critique the performance of his former boss to the CEO. Its delusional and I am not sure if BG understands how much pressure having M3 in the room will generate. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, but he's going to have to deflate Stubby to make this work.

And Mike doesn't even need to fall in love with a specific FA to apply pressure. He just needs to note positions that could use help or a veteran. I would almost say this could work if M3 only got to comment on offense. At least there would be a plan and a scheme.

But what does M3 know about defensive drafting or FA signing?