Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Triangle of Authority is Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'll say this about Murphy. He inherited an organizational structure that he felt was no longer working as well as it used to. Rather than continue with the status quo, he made changes, knowing he will be blamed if it doesn't work. Aren't most people around here unsatisfied with the status quo?
    I mentioned in another thread that the move puts Murphy's head on the chopping block if things go south. If nothing else, I admire his willingness to put the target on his back. I have no idea if the structure will work; I suspect it's highly dependent on the quality of the people in the several leadership positions. Stubby seems like a decent person but I don't know anything about the other three.

I still say they need to bring in some assistants from other successful front offices. Let Wolf go cut his teeth elsewhere - he can come back in 10 years or so to take over after Gute steps away following his third Superbowl.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gosh, what a bunch of nervous nellies on steroids.

The Good that outweighs any bad here is getting rid of Ted Thompson. The worst case would be a conspiracy - triumverate of Ted followers if you want to call it that - seeking to continue his rotten way of doing things. I don't think that is the case, though. Clearly, all this title shifting was for the purpose of getting people they wanted to stay. Undoubtedly, neither Gutekunst or anybody else would have taken the GM job without a clear definition of the limits of everybody's authority. And McCarthy - who Murphy and/or the Board clearly want to keep happy - would not have been happy with the power to fire him handed to someone new guy or some younger with relatively less clout.

I say again, what matters most is POLICY. We will have to see over time just what the new policy will be, but the fact that Ted was eased out seems to say that the powers that be want something different.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Mike Pettine is known as a pretty good defensive coach, right?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    During his four years as defensive coordinator in New York, the Jets finished in the top 10 for yards allowed four times. New York was first in yards and points in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Rotoworld: Pettine and Packers coach Mike McCarthy have never worked together, but both are Pennsylvania-raised and spent time at Pittsburgh in the early-'90s. Pettine has been out of the league since being fired as the Browns' head coach following the 2015 season. He ran solid defenses in Buffalo and New York as one of coach Rex Ryan's righthand men. Pettine has run 3-4 fronts in the past.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I will gladly welcome Pettine. Forgot about him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Perhaps most impressively, Pettine won 10 games in 2 seasons as Browns head coach. Or 9 more than Hue Jackson.

Eliot Wolf was the Director of Football Operations.

Russ Ball is now both an EVP and Director of Football Operations. For a while, people took that second title as proof that Wolf was the heir apparent.

Why that title was switched and what new one EW would get is unclear. He has already been the Director of Player Personnel.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Here is an idea: Eliot Wolf was the problem inside?

They quite literally gave Ball the job title Wolf had the day before. That's a sharp stick in the eye. You can make up any title you want and increase pay.

Murphy (and Ted) obviously love Ball. BG got the GM job probably on the strength of his personnel background and a helpful push from McCarthy. No one was left backing Wolf.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Here is an idea: Eliot Wolf was the problem inside?

They quite literally gave Ball the job title Wolf had the day before. That's a sharp stick in the eye.
    yup. kinda shocked. then they turned around and said at the presser they were hoping he stay. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    yup. kinda shocked. then they turned around and said at the presser they were hoping he stay. lol
    The Green Bay Packers or?:

The Green Bay Hatchets.

The Hypocrisy and Tall Tales are thick at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    TRUTH from the outset would have been the proper start and dismissing Ted Thompson. He should have been outright and simply dismissed.

" Thanks Ted and inside this envelope is a very HUGE $Cheque$, a token of our appreciation."

This is 'a no brainer':

Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy had to be kept completely out of the LOOP and the actual Process of naming a NEW Packer GM.

As it really was and 1265 Lombardi Avenue:

The Packers Front Office needed to hire the very BEST PR Person in North America.

As the facts are now being revealed. 1265 Lombardi Avenue: They've made, may then be expected to make more blunders and absolute fools of themselves.

It's a 'too common sideshow act'. They are now creating. Personalities don't change easily. They're embarrassing PACKER NATION.

These Guy's could have handled it better. They broke the Cardinal Rule and Good Management. The person who is mainly to blame is obviously Green Bay Packer President and CEO Mark Murphy. ThatGuy it seems didn't have a real clue and what was going on with Ted Thompson and that's inexcusable. Ted Thompson needed to be dealt with years ago.

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-10-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    These Guy's could have handled it better. They broke the Cardinal Rule and Good Management.
    What rule was broken?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    What rule was broken?
    You have to be in Arizona to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...rt_river_index

Read the details of what Dorsey is trying to do in Cleveland. They haven't finalized (or at least made it public) that they have a deal and job with Highsmith.

He is courting Eliot Wolf but might unseat two of the current guys to do it (one of them is linked to the analytics side, the other is a well regarded traditional scout). Sounds like Dorsey is still stocking the cabinet with folks more tied to him than to past regime.

So some of of our staff (and ex-staff) members are looking for employment in Cleveland? That tells me all I need to know about their value.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    So some of of our staff (and ex-staff) members are looking for employment in Cleveland? That tells me all I need to know about their value.
    Maybe not. Ownership aside, with Dorsey there now, there's a lot of potential for growth. If you were part of the team that resurrected the Browns, that'd be a feather in your cap.

It shouldn't. Dorsey is running the show in Cleveland and word is that he let Haslem know that he runs it or he's gone. So either Dorsey is competent or not. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It shouldn't. Dorsey is running the show in Cleveland and word is that he let Haslem know that he runs it or he's gone. So either Dorsey is competent or not. What do you think?
    I doubt Dorsey told Haslem anything. I would take my chances with about 31 other franchises before I hung my hat in Cleveland.

I doubt Dorsey told Haslem anything. I would take my chances with about 31 other franchises before I hung my hat in Cleveland.
    I have my doubts too, but that's the considered opinion of the geniuses on local radio with 'inside connections'