Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Triangle of Authority is Here

That's a great picture, Woody. Mike McCarthy is Larry, Gutekunst is Shep and Murphy is Moe.

I wonder what Aaron Rodgers is thinking about all this. I wonder if he's directly or indirectly behind some of it.

In Detroit, MattStaff has said publicly that he hopes the new coach, whoever he is, will keep Jim Bob Cooter as OC. Now people here are wondering if that's why Patricia, or whatever his name is, now seems more interested in the Gints job than the Leos job, which he was rumored to have in his back pocket.

Lions might end up with Pat Shurmur.

On a side note, I understand why the Lions didn't let their D-Coordinator, Teryl Austin, talk to the Packers. That guy coached some good defenses that didn't have a heckuva lot of talent other than Darius Slay, Glover Quinn, and a very-often hurt Ziggy Ansah.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...9-edb74f5e13e3

Posted: 18 hours ago

Rock Report: Pump Up the Volume

Strong statements and major changes have been the order of the day at Lambeau Field.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    These Guy's could have handled it better. They broke the Cardinal Rule and Good Management.
    What rule was broken?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    What rule was broken?
    You have to be in Arizona to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    You have to be in Arizona to know.
    What about Saint Louis?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Instead of calling this a "triangle of authority" can we call MM, Murphy, and Gutekunst a "Thrupple"?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    What about Saint Louis?
    Louisville?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Louisville?
    I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grande.
    That would explain your drinking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    That would explain your drinking problem.

I wonder, with the resurrection of the "Ted never signed (enough) free agents" mantra if Gutty will feel pressured to sign some big name free agent, whether it makes sense financially or not.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder, with the resurrection of the "Ted never signed (enough) free agents" mantra if Gutty will feel pressured to sign some big name free agent, whether it makes sense financially or not.
    Sign Julius Peppers!!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Do it! Do it! Come on! Do it now!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The "TT never signs free agents" idea is all that really characterized Ted for the JS comments fanbase but I'm more interested in how Gutty will handle guys like Lang. Ted rarely ever kept a guy too long. Canary in the coal mine is Burnett this year. He seems like a guy TT would be perfectly happy to walk away from.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

It's not that Ted never signed free agents - just look at the parade of mediocrity last season. He only signed retreads, rejects, etc. - second or third tier players that virtually nobody else wanted. I HOPE Gutekunst feels pressured to go after one or more big time free agents this season and future seasons. Jimmy Graham would be a great start; The top cover Corner available would be good to get also. With the always increasing cap, the money should be available, and you can always structure contracts to make them work under the cap.

We got rid of Ted - FINALLY. Hopefully we also got rid of his way of doing things.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If we can only win free agency just one year.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It's not that Ted never signed free agents - just look at the parade of mediocrity last season. He only signed retreads, rejects, etc. - second or third tier players that virtually nobody else wanted. I HOPE Gutekunst feels pressured to go after one or more big time free agents this season and future seasons. Jimmy Graham would be a great start; The top cover Corner available would be good to get also. With the always increasing cap, the money should be available, and you can always structure contracts to make them work under the cap.

We got rid of Ted - FINALLY. Hopefully we also got rid of his way of doing things.
    All free agents are retreads and all carry hefty price tags in comparison to their production. Just because someone signs someone in the stupid money segment of the offseason is no guarantee of better success.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

With the always increasing cap, the money should be available, and you can always structure contracts to make them work under the cap.
    Mike Sherman Smiled

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Affirmative.

If Graham gets to the market, he's a must-sign. Offer him something that he would be idiotic to refuse.

The part in bold, I've always said that any accounting major could cook/manage the cap. In the Packers' case, they don't even need an accountant. The Packers have a strength and conditioning coach managing their cap!

Belichickism is the way to do things when you have an elite QB on your roster. If the German Shepard (Gutekunst) continues on with that draft and develop shit, aka, Polar Bearism, off with his head, too!
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Still waiting for the available cap space that was left in 2017. Also want to know who you cut to fit in Jimmy Graham.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.